What kind of car do you drive?

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Latest car: Audi A4 avant But in full order (some are embarrassing) Hillman Avenger (ancient UK car) ;) Ford Capri 1.6s Ford Capri 2.0s Ford Capri 2.8i injection limited edition release! :lol: Fiat Panda – yes really! :D Rover – Forgot the model (company car) Vauxhall vectra Ford Mondeo Audi A4 Avant BB :lol:

Did favour the Capri. It was the 2.8i +++ which put an end to that It was stolen too many times – I was at a BF’s flat – and the car alarm went off, - saw it driving off down the street – the police chased it around Manchester (Joy riders stole high performance cars & raced each other around the motorway) – this time the police found my car in a race with a Porsche, chased it at up to 150 MPH. The police wouldn’t go faster than that – so they lost the two cars, but when the cars came off the motorway – around a sharp 360 deg bend, my car went around OK – but the Porsche didn’t – Two joy riders killed – what a pity – never mind! After getting it fixed (that was something like the 4th time it was stolen) we went for a nice meal, and when we came out from the restaurant – there was the car – Gone!! All I got back was a shell – it took ages for the payout from the insurance company – hence why I ended up with the Panda – all I could afford. The whole thing put me off high performance cars – expensive, big insurance – I could deal with – but not knowing that the car would be there when you came out – that was the final straw. BTW the Kid who stole my car in the chase was 14 years old! BB

BlondeBimbo:-) Sorry that you had so much trouble with the Capri's being stolen. I too, like high performance cars. The teens stole a car, drove at a high rate of speed, rolled it on a sharp bend, and killed themselves. It's a shame, but you make your choices in life and then you takes your chances. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

• 4 weeks later...

I was driving a Subaru Forester until Saturday. Got in an accident in it. We were trying to pull from the left lane into the right lane because a car was broken down in the left lane. We asked these guys in a pickup if we could merge in but they gave us discusted looks. As I was pulling out in back of them (and there was absoluetly nothing in front of them) they slamed there breaks hard on purpose. Needless to say, I rammed into the back of them. Right after they took off and sped away, leaving us there and damaged. We had 2 of my daughters in the car with us, fortunately no one was hurt (but they were very shaken and scared). VERY fortunately the baby was home being watched by my wife's sister. Right now I am using my wife's Chevy Tracker. I was going to take it over anyway once she started using the new mini van (Nissan Quest) but was putting it off. Things kinda got accelerated a bit. Scotty

Sscotty727:-) Thank goodness that nobody got injured. That would be considered a hit and run, I would think. Did you per chance get the license and make of the truck? Surely he would have some damage also. A person like that needs to be taught a lesson. Cheers--- Dawn HH

I agree, even though you hit him, him leaving the scene of the accident makes him automatically liable. Because he purposely caused an accident he could actually get jail time for driving to endanger.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Dawn, Unfortunately, we only got a description, but not a license plate number. The police think the truck was either stolen OR the guys might have been carrying something illegal (drugs possibly?) and didn't need to be around police. Another thought my wife and I had is that there is a gang of hispanics now operating in the DC area called MS13. It is very possible they could be gang members. Either way, it might be a blessing they didn't stop. On the positive not, it made me re-evaluate getting mad on the road when someone cuts you off or doesn't let you in, etc. If I had not lost my temper at the guys not letting me in, perhaps they wouldn't have stopped OR I could have taken my time and avoided a crash. Scotty PS: On a side note, since I am now driving the tracker and it is higher up, wearing heels in the car is alot easier since as BB said, you are sitting up instead of your legs going forward!;)

Sscotty727:-) Thanks for the heads-up on your accident. I guess that there isn't any way of tracking them down and jailing them. That's a shame. Thank goodness that no one was injured and your family is safe. Cheers--- Dawn HH

Actually Dawn, It is probably a good thing we can't track them down because they would just lie and make matters worse for me. Plus then they would also have my name and address. If they are infact gang members as I fear, it would put my wife and girls as horrible risk over a stupid car accident. As it is, I was told today by the insurance company that I am at fault and was neglegent for the accident. Basically, he set the trap and I fell for it. He saved me fixing his car or paying medical charges he could have very easily taken me for. Please everyone, it is so easy to get frustrated and angry with all the CRAZY drivers out there, but beware it just takes 1 jerk to mess things up for you. Never take your eyes off anyone and always assume the worst in people. It's a shame I have to become like that, but from now on I will assume every driver is out to mess me up and drive appropriately. It is the only way I can protect myself and my family in the future. Also, jerks will cut you off or not let you in. Getting angry over it isn't going to solve a thing. Guess it was an expensive lesson I had to learn, but not nearly as expensive as it could have been. Scotty

I have a new farm hack.... "The Iron Maiden" - a july 1975 Datsun 120Y goes well... has a Full interior ... and It's staying too! I intend to eventually put 180B (610) running gear into it... sscotty: no experiences like that are NOT fun... later, TXT-1

...Please everyone, it is so easy to get frustrated and angry with all the CRAZY drivers out there, but beware it just takes 1 jerk to mess things up for you. Never take your eyes off anyone and always assume the worst in people. It's a shame I have to become like that, but from now on I will assume every driver is out to mess me up and drive appropriately. It is the only way I can protect myself and my family in the future. Also, jerks will cut you off or not let you in. Getting angry over it isn't going to solve a thing. Guess it was an expensive lesson I had to learn, but not nearly as expensive as it could have been....

Scotty

Talk about crazy drivers. When (past tense) I had my Solaris here in nyc, I had at least three encounters where other drivers got out of their cars to start fights with me. I also had other drivers spit on my car, a cab driver key my car, and its just a real PITA to drive here. ;)

I learned not to get mad when other driver's "violate" rules of the road. It happened so often here, that I learned it wasn't worth getting upset over anymore. :lol:

Now I stick to yellow cabs and trains in addition to my Mongoose mountain bike (great for weekend biking and staying healthy).

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

sscotty727 I was actually thinking the same thing, in the UK, if you go into the back of someone then it’s your fault – pretty much no excuses, any arguments about the person in front “stopping without warning etc.” are meaningless since one should always leave sufficient stopping distance etc. In practice I guess we all drive too close, and tend to rely on the person in front doing nothing deliberate or stupid. A friend of mine was puling out onto a roundabout and naturally looking to her right to see it was clear of oncoming traffic, unfortunately the person in front decided to stop – even though the road was clear, so we went bang into them, it was so irritating to us all because there was no reason to stop – but it was my friend’s fault under the law & insurance! - Similar to your bump I guess. Since then I have always been that extra careful in that situation, although I admit I do get annoyed when you get stuck behind someone who dithers, or the worst for me is a small bridge locally. In one direction (towards Edinburgh) you have right of way – because you are both going downhill, and cannot see the traffic in the opposite direction until the last minute, the other direction has big BIG signs showing give way and the other traffic has priority, yet almost every day someone comes through the give way into the priority traffic and completely blocks the road (it’s a winding uphill road so almost impossible for those having priority to reverse easily) – Arghhhh! BB

Yeah,

I made a real bad assumption that once he passed me and didn't let me in his got his "revenge" on me (for whatever). I never expected someone would just stop in front of you just to make you crash. Fortunately he took off because if he didn't, I would have to pay for his truck and any "injuries" they could fake.

Like the old saying "Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me".

Or as someone famous here says "Fool me once, shame on you, we won't get fooled again" ;)

Scotty

• 5 months later...

I think I had a post in here at one time but it went to the "bit-bucket" in the big hack. I have three vehicles: 1993 Chevy S-10 extended cab 4X4 short-box pickup (winter "beater"). 2001 GMC Sonoma extended cab 4X4 short-box pickup (summer truck). 1984 Honda Goldwing Interstate 1200 (for fun).

Have a happy time!

• 2 weeks later...

This is a catalogue of shame they're in order as far as I can remember. Morris 1000 (1965) Renault Dauphin (1959) Ford Cortina Mk I (1966) Hilman Avenger (1967) - lasted two weeks Ford Cortina Mk II - two of them Toyota Corona Mk II Austin 1300 - it's getting worse Ford Capri 1.6L - what was the point in that. 2 Fiat Unos the second a deisel bought new broke down 10 times in 9 months. Citroen BX 19RD Renault 30 - awsome accelleration - crap brakes Saab 96 two metros Vauxhal Astra I've just bought an old Volvo estate called Old Harry. Looks good for his age, lots of miles on the clock and been round the block several times!

• 2 months later...

I have a 1996 Mazda MX-6 5 speed with a 2.0L 4 cylinder. It is Hunter Green in colour. Not a high performance car, but very sporty, fun to drive and good on gas. Not that high heel friendly though. When wearing heels, my knees hit the dash. I've adjusted the seat farther back and the steering wheel as high up as it will go so it is ok. When looking at new cars a while back, I was checking out the leg and knee room a bit more closely! I like the new Mazda 6 but it will have to wait till my finances catch up with my appetites... Maybe if I stop buying shoes and stuff.... NAH! Zoom, zoom, zoom! Dawn, I am surprised that you bought a Mercury Marauder after all those Chevys. You didn't want an Impala SS?

in leather & heels...

• 2 weeks later...

Well Super

Toyota Avensis 2,0 linea SOL st.car 16" OZ

Posted Image

Just like this 1 here Sound weels ughhh I like it!! hehehehe THE SOUND CAR:) 1 x Infinaty Beta 15" Sub 4 x Infinaty Beta 6,5" Middel whit 4 x Infinaty Beta 1" Tweater. Kenwood Head unit KDC-9070. 1 x Kenwood KAC-PS501F (1x1200Watt) 1 x Kenwood KAC-PS401F (4x400Watt) 1 x Kewood KAC-PS201F (2x200Watt)...... Sound like a JVC BoomBlaster :rofl:

Posted Image

http://images.google.dk/imgres?imgurl=http://www.kenwood.ws/infinity/pictures/beta1.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.kenwood.ws/infinity/beta_komponenty.htm&h=95&w=178&sz=3&hl=da&start=150&tbnid=mmbbeQ_Ic4M-VM:&tbnh=54&tbnw=101&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dinfinity%2Bbeta%2B1%26start%3D140%26ndsp%3D20%26svnum%3D10%26hl%3Dda%26lr%3D%26sa%3DN

BTW JVC Boooooomblaster :roll:

Posted Image

((( Frist i am not good to spell )))

..........(((( Sorry for that ))))........

.......................(",).......................

http://s112.photobucket.com/albums/n161/FreeMannWorld/

• 1 year later...

I have a 91 Cadillac--its my pride and joy --love driving it--i have a lady friend who drive it also she wears 5-6 inch heels and platforms too--has no problem when driving--:o love it when she floors it in those high heels--its a melt-down--:-? --cant git enough of her drivin in heels--thank you for letting me post this is my first--

My car collection has changed considerably since my original post on this thread in January 04. My 1930 Model "A" has been sold to a body shop whose owner is restoring it for himself. The 1935 Chevrolet now has 47,000 miles since new and Mickey and I are planning to drive it on this years Early Six-Cylinder Tour again with the Vintage Chevrolet Club of America down through West (by gosh) Virginia and Virginia. A car museum contacted me and made me an extremely attractive offer for our 1966 Corvette "Honeymoon" car. It is in the process of being restored for museum use. The 1988 Chevrolet Caprice Classic station wagon now has 82,000 miles on it since new and a $1,000.00 dent in it where Mickey saw a pole she didn't like. I told her thats coming out of her allowance. And the 2003 Mercury Marauder now has 47,000 miles on it at present. Cheers--- Dawn HH