What kind of car do you drive?

1977 Datsun 120Y (B210 for people in the states) She's NOT pretty or licenceable, just use the link to see what I'm talking about :wink: good fun though especially with the hotdog muffler(inside the car is ok but (carefully open one either the drivers or passenger door and the loudness becomes apparent (I guess about 100dB! ps. It's a peice of crap but a fun peice of crap

http://www.geocities.com/flgnowbla/defect.html

later,

TXT-1

• 3 weeks later...

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

YamYam wrote:

Don't you have a can opener? :rofl:

Nice one, Bubba! I'm just a little concerned about the warranty, tho'. Perhaps next year, when it runs out :wink:

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

• 4 weeks later...

Volvo 740 Estate. I just love this car except for its fabric seat covers which make getting into it in a straight skirt a real pain. :wink:

"You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave ! " The Eagles, "Hotel California"

Nice car Lion - not sure I could cope with the Dutch dashboard or the left hand drive though! Over here they're Vauxhall Zafiras. Same thing really. Very practical - ideal for me. Although I do quite like Volvos for practicality. And I like leather seats too. Except for the fact it comes from cows. Bah. [1] Nevermind. SH [1] Um, make that "moo".

Hi! I'm a signature virus! Copy me into your sig and help me spread!

Except for the fact it comes from cows. Bah. [1] Nevermind.

SH

[1] Um, make that "moo".

:rofl:

Of course, the leather used in car interiors and clothing is basically a by-product of the burger industry. The cows would have died anyway, and so you're helping keep the price of meat down by making more use of the animal.

And besides, cows are pretty yukky up close. I prefer them at a safe distance, or safely cooked :wink:

From Yamyam's paper-thin justifications, 2003 edition :D

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

• 2 weeks later...

im the proud owner, operator and fixer of a deep fprest green 1994 ford thunderbird(a.k.a. the dreaded thunderchicken). if im feeling really sexy and mean, i pull the cover off a 1971 pantera. or if im in the mood for raising hell, i fire up a 1991 harley davidson softtail custom

the fastest way to this man's heart is with nice legs in high heels

• 4 months later...

I still have my 1977 Datsun 120Y http://www.geocities.com/flgnowbla/defect.html It doesn't have a radio I couldn't hear it anyway as I have stripped out the interior and it has a hotdog under the front passenger seat :( it very loud (for a 4 cylinder) and it goes well enough to do 100 Kp/H (74 MPH) when the brakes are up to it! and I have thrashed the h3ll out of it too and have had a ton of fun doing it too!

later,

TXT-1

btw I tried posting some pictures but Geocities doesn't allow linking of photos :(

• 2 months later...

Here is a list of my cars:- 1930 Ford Model "A" Fordor all original 1935 Chevrolet Standard Coach all original with 45,000 miles since new 1966 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible, wife and I took our honeymoon in it in 1968 1988 Chevrolet Caprice Classic Wagon, 70,000 miles since new and the wife uses it once in a while 2003 Mercury Maurader, very fast, has 13,000 mile on it so far Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Come on baby! I gonna get me a Mazda RX8 (6 speed) once I'm made redundant! I'm sure I should use the money for something sensible, but I know I have another job lined up. Currently though a Hyundi coupe SE, T reg (few years old), but dribbling over suicide doors & 146mph... Mind you I havn't asked the wife yet... Can you drive a new bathroom? :D

When woman get taller, their shoes will fit me better.

you may have seen it before but compared to Genebujold's "beater" my farm hack is a jerry rigged pile of crap! the brakes are shoddy, there is rust in strategic locations (you can see daylight through the passenger side sill (rocker) panel :D the auto tranny slips like mad (due to my thashing of the poor thing) no isn't registered because it is NOT roadwothy!! JeffM I believe you have a VR calais! Secreto, personally not a fan if suicide doors however (I think) with an RX-8 the rear passengers can't get out until the front doors are opened at least that's how the king cab utes (pickups) are over here later, TXT-1

Secreto, personally not a fan if suicide doors however (I think) with an RX-8 the rear passengers can't get out until the front doors are opened at least that's how the king cab utes (pickups) are over here

Hi, yeah you are right I went for a quick look at one yesterday you need to open the front doors first. I didn't realise that king cabs were like that too. Mind you I couldn't get one of those on my drive!

When woman get taller, their shoes will fit me better.

A 1993 Vauxhall Cavalier 1.7 Diesel. It's done 160,000 miles, drives perfectly. I've also got a Citroen AX, 1994 my mate gave me which has done only 46,000. It was out of MOT and getting in his way, but also drives perfectly. It needs a headlight and a rear quaterlight glass.

I've added a 1989 Mercedes 300SE, with 145K miles, to my stable of two Volvos. I bought the 300SE for $5K and I'm catching up on some deferred maintenance. No cross threaded plugs for me, unless I do it. I do the maintenance.

Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus, I'm from the Earth.Now wearing HH Penny Loafers full time.

• 1 year later...

:bday: :bday: just before the "big crash" I finally converted My March 1977 Datsun 120Y (B210) to a four speed manual!! :bday: :bday: It is MUCH better now, just breathe on the accelerator pedal and.... SIDEWAYS! ... especially with bald rear tyres in the wet! I now have to run the gearbox in.... later, TXT-1

• 2 weeks later...

OK, I thought that I had posted on this topic,but apparently not. Here come the enviormentalists... I have a 1969 cadillac eldorado convertable 1970 cadillac eldorado, 1966 ford F-350 2 wheel drive pickup, 1973 dodge W200 powerwagon pick up, 4X4 with 9' snowplow. 1968 ford galaxie 500 coupe and the newest acusition, 2005 International CXT 4X4 heavy duty pickup truck. All have large V-8 engines,except the CXT which has a 6 cylynder 2 stroke diesel engine. Fuel economy,hehehe, don't ask,lets just say it is in the single digits. I am working on improving the fuel economy of the 68 ford galaxie,and the CXT.

High heels forever, ward