What kind of car do you drive?

1999 Volvo V70 GLT modified for 10 psi of boost, from 6. Pretty darned fast when you really get into it.

How much is that in torque? I drive the 2000 model V70 (actually wife's car) and although it has plenty of power, it revs like a formula 1 if you step on its tail. I rather wish it had more pull in the lower range... Good thing is that the automatic gearbox is excellent on these cars.

And what was modified exactly?

I use synthetic oil in all my cars.

That's always wise. 0W50 (Mobil 1) is used in more than 50% of the cars in this country.

Bert

What's all the fuss about?

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How much is that in torque? I drive the 2000 model V70 (actually wife's car) and although it has plenty of power, it revs like a formula 1 if you step on its tail. I rather wish it had more pull in the lower range... Good thing is that the automatic gearbox is excellent on these cars.

And what was modified exactly?

I don't know the torque but figure 7 hp per psi, so an additional 28 hp or so. There is a cutout MAP sensor, which can be defeated.

I added a manual boost control, AKA G-Valve, AKA Dawes Device, AKA wastegate control valve. Basicly it delays wastegate operation until a preset boost is reached.

Read about it here:

http://home.earthlink.net/~turbogus4/boostcontrol.html

I've got it on the 740T as well.

The car is now very similar to a T5, infact I call it a T5 LITE for lack of a better description. Stealthy too.

Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus, I'm from the Earth.Now wearing HH Penny Loafers full time.

Highluc, No, the name of my car is right, it's a hearse, that's probably why it's not listed on the site. :lol: I use it to carry all of my large art supplies & huge canvasses to school and back. It was much cheaper for me to get than to buy a SUV.

So many shoes, so little time...

If you want a fancier hearse than that, just buy a PT Cruiser from Chrysler. It's looks like a hearse for a pet cemetary. Just my chance to be critical of that model of vehicle, not to say anything is wrong with driving an actual hearse. I think that's quite cool. Actually, in the movie Harold and Maude, the young teenager obsessed with death turns a jaguar into a mini hearse that looks neat.

Hi Laurie, No, I prefer my car over a Cruiser. Funny though, the PT Cruiser is considered a Hearse meets Prowler by Chrysler. PT Cruisers are way too expensive for me, and not my style. As for why I picked my car, I wanted a hearse since I was 6 and saw one on the freeway. It's great for me because it was a car I could afford by myself, full coverage insurance is just $30 a year, and I can always find where I've parked. I also don't have to get a yearly smog check since it was made before 1973. It was a hearse used for a funeral home in San Francisco, so that may be why it looks like one for a pet cemetary. I am used to getting picked on for the car I drive, among other things (not insinuating that you are picking on me, though :lol: ). Although I have received more negative comments from people who are younger, while I have received only compliments from people who are elderly. Kinda odd. Anyway, it runs great (only took short trips when it was in use & hearses are kept in great condition by funeral homes). My family and I even take it camping. I've heard of the Harold & Maude hearse, a '59 Cadillac. I've never seen the movie. That model of hearse is very sought after among hearse collectors...

So many shoes, so little time...

PT Cruiser is the "cat's meow" for me, though it'll be a cold day in Hell when the devil comes skating in on the ice (in heels) B4 I'll be able to afford one, as also my other favorite "car" the Hummer. The new VW Bug isn't too bad though, especially in bright yellow!! :lol: A Hearse would be OK if it was painted in some lovely colour like candy apple burgundy, purple, red, or royal blue, or perhaps some combination of these!!

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

Hummers are nice, but I doubt I'll ever have one at European petrol prices :lol: At the moment I'm enjoying about a million smiles per gallon in my M325i... Next up, I want the soft-top version. And when my little one is big enough, we're going off-roading! I'll get either a Toyota Hilux pickup or a LandRover 101FC, with the turbo-diesel conversion. Woo-hoo! Actually, my favest car before that was a Lada Niva 4x4. It was built like a tank, so it was slow as moo, but it was absolutely untouchable off-road. I put up with four months of urine extraction over it, then I towed a friend six miles home with it. He never said a word after that, oddly!

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

I need to get away from this ugly shoe! lol, so here it goes: My hubbie is an absolute car maniac, and it is his business as well, so when people drive by my house they think more than just 2 adults live there: 1980 Black on black Mercedes 1973 Opel GT 1968 Crewcab bus 1974 Cadillac convertible 1968 Dune Buggy 1968 Amante GT kit car 1968 Ghia convertible (and yes all are on the road cars) I won't even go into the projects we have! XO Babe in Heels

• 2 months later...

Mitsubishi Colt - a compact car because I'm a single. It' s big enough for my 6.4 inches. But unfortunately only without wearing heels. So I'm driving normally barefoot, putting my heels in front of the neighbour seat. That's more comfortable and also more secure. micha

The best fashion is your own fashion!

Gray 1996 Mazda MX-6, V6, 5-speed manual. Looks sporty but no guts. I've brought a pair of 6 inch spike-heeled court shoes into the car, changed into them, and tried to drive with them on. It's very difficult for me to operate the clutch.

Michael

Well.. my Jeep wouldnt exactly fall into the heel friendly catagory.. nor will the places it can get to..

http://www.balletboots.net/dt5.jpb

Although, I have had decent experience driving my astro van (work van) in the mornings/afternoons wearing heels, but thats mostly before or after rush hour on a pretty long boring road.

Although, if looking for a reason to keep a pair of driving shoes with the car a Lotus wouldnt be a bad one.

Seeya

Jim

(formerly known as "JimC")

Wow! I used to do some off-roading, but I always wanted to get home in one piece, so I never tried anything like that!

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

Tellico area maybe? I'm planning a trip up there soon actually.. see what a stock TJ rubicon is capable of, and what I really need to modify. Should be a fun run... I just need to clear out a fri-mon that my b/f can get up there. He's got a few 'odd' friends in Atlanta he wants to visit while we are up there. Seeya Jim

(formerly known as "JimC")

Ford Focus 1.8 (2000) Bristol Bus 1961 single decker. AEC Bus 1948 single decker MAN 7.5 tonne truck - workday transport - driven it in 2.5 inch heels the other day.

Do your own thing. Don't be a victim of conformity.

Calv

I would like to add that my car is not at all heel friendly, it wasn't designed to be so. What is the most "heel friendly" car? It doesn't have to be sporty :wink:

My Peugeot is really easy to drive in heels, once I get my knees under the steering wheel. The BMW is a pain, because BMWs have organ-type accelerator pedals, and that's just hard to manage in heels. I guess the Pug counts as 'heel-friendly'.

I once test-drove a car in heels... but I couldn't afford it :D

, once I get my knees under the steering wheel

The best car in that respect is a Lexus GS or LS, because the steering wheel raises and lowers electrically when the key is engaged or removed on the steering column, allowing very easy access even if you wear platforms, heels or very tight skirts. Having (very smooth) automatic gearshift and cruise control also is ideal for driving effortless in any heels not damaging the back of your delicate suede shoes or boots. The only drawback of that car is the price (although excelent value for money) and the space it needs to park in a spot.

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Laurence

Had to sell the Pontiac Firebird

I wanted one of those after seeing the "Smokey & the Bandit" series!

But now it's convertible season here in the UK, and I'm stuck in my tin-top :wink:

YamYam wrote:

But now it's convertible season here in the UK, and I'm stuck in my tin-top

Don't you have a can opener? :rofl:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.