Re-creating the experience.

Amanda

Since starting senior school I've always had a thing for black patent leather shoes.

Do you remember how that started in your case?

In my case, I believe that I can associate my heel addiction with a kid's tape that I listened to at the age 6 or 7. There was a thug lady in it who walked away, threatening the "good ones" at the end. She wore heel boots, walked backwards and fell over a string that the good ones hung up there. Afterwards, my friend and I got the idea to replay this situation with our mom's boots. And for whatever reason, heels and the thrill of not falling with them, or in more general terms, the challenge of walking with them, being restricted, etc., got stuck with me.

Obviously if your in a relationship and your partner doesn't wear stuff like that it can be frustrating. Especially when you see other women wearing something that you like but you know that your partner wouldn't dress that way. Therefore, when I wear heels I'm trying to create an image of something i've seen and liked.

As a straight male, I only like women and therefore when I wear heels I like to resemble a female as much as practically possible.

I agree for the most part. In my relationship, my wife does wear (most of) the sexy shoes I get her. So for the most part, I am happy. There are times though when she doesn't do it, and if that's for an extended period of time, my desire to resemble an image of a sexy lady, particularly a lady wearing heels as that's the most important part, increases.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you remember how that started in your case?

In my case, I believe that I can associate my heel addiction with a kid's tape that I listened to at the age 6 or 7. There was a thug lady in it who walked away, threatening the "good ones" at the end. She wore heel boots, walked backwards and fell over a string that the good ones hang up there. Afterwards, my friend and I got the idea to replay this situation with our mom's boots. And for whatever reason, heels and the thrill of not falling with them, or in more general terms, the challenge of walking with them, being restricted, etc., got stuck with me.

I had a girlfriend who wore low heeled black patent court shoes with a bow on the front and white ankle socks. She let me try them on one day just messing about.

Amanda, I think that there's no direct answer to your primary question, you will (and already got) mixed replies and tastes. My reply is no. I never tried or imagined to recreate a look I saw on the streets and liked. Of course, a pair of beautiful woman's legs over heels are eye catching. What I try to recreate is the feeling and look of the shoe on my foot itself. Everytime I wear my heels I like to look to the pointy toes and heels and think to myself "now I'm experiencing something that just a few men around the world can" and enjoy looking to my feet. But it's just me!

Flavio - Brazilian heel lover, now in France.

I've never tried to re-create any particular look I may have seen. Instead, I concentrate on developing my own look, complete with the egotistical mindset that perhaps someone out there will want to copy me! Heh!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Amanda: I believe I saw someone else post a question similar to "Would you still wear high heels if your s/o wore all the heels you would want to wear?"

YES!!!! Wearing heels is something I like to see and do.

I've never tried to re-create any particular look I may have seen. Instead, I concentrate on developing my own look, complete with the egotistical mindset that perhaps someone out there will want to copy me! Heh!

I think some of you missunderstood what I meant.

I'll try and explain again.

I wasn't talking about seeing someone and deciding to re-create that particular image.

I meant that dressing your legs in such a way that mimicked the female form

You would be creating before your own eyes and within your control, an image that appeared beautiful, elegant and attractive almost like you had transformed yourself partly into your idealized female form.

Ok I'll shut up now.

(...)

I wasn't talking about seeing someone and deciding to re-create that particular image.

You would be creating before your own eyes and within your control, an image that appeared beautiful, elegant and attractive almost like you had transformed yourself partly into your idealized female form.

After reading this and thinking better, it seems that yes, it's approximately what I try to do. The image of the perfect legs and feet, but not exactly associated with the female form itself, but the heeled feet and legs per se.

Since the majority of heel wearers are women, I can say that I try to mimic the female forms in this case, you're right.

Ok I'll shut up now.

Oh please, don't do that!

Flavio - Brazilian heel lover, now in France.

Are you wishing perhaps to create for yourself, an image that you consider beautiful and arousing by dressing your legs in this fashion?.

I wondered if this is often the case for you guys who are sexually straight but enjoy wearing heels around in private....or even in public?.

Just me trying to understand again.

Thanks patent heel for your interesting insight :smile:

A xx

I think some of you missunderstood what I meant.

I'll try and explain again.

Ok I'll shut up now.

Amanda, I think that there's no direct answer to your primary question, you will (and already got) mixed replies and tastes.

My reply is no. I never tried or imagined to recreate a look I saw on the streets and liked. Of course, a pair of beautiful woman's legs over heels are eye catching.

What I try to recreate is the feeling and look of the shoe on my foot itself. Everytime I wear my heels I like to look to the pointy toes and heels and think to myself "now I'm experiencing something that just a few men around the world can" and enjoy looking to my feet.

But it's just me!

Hmmmm. Just written one of my 300 word dissertations, only to have a couple of keystrokes cause me to create an empty screen..... :thumbsup:

As I was saying ...... :wink1:

I'd so far resisted responding to this thread, because I don't think there's one single answer, even for any one person.

I would have thought anyone 'dressing' for any reason, would have tried to make themselves look as attractive as they could? It is after all, the whole raison d'être of dressing up? Be that going out with friends, or staying in for some personal entertainment.

That said, I've never been able to get my skinny legs to look attractive enough for anyone to think; "mmmm, nice". Though one memorable night at Zenon's in London, most of the people there did think I might have been the paid floor-show. Especially after I unzipped and removed my black PVC mini skirt, immediately before wiggling off up the exit stairway and leaving...... [Ah, such 'heady' days.]

I'm not a woman, and I know it. Any look I've managed in the past is at best a compromise. So tried to look attractive? Tried - yes. Beautiful and elegant? Not a hope, sadly.

Oh please, don't do that!

Agreed, please don't..... :wink:

I don't think many of us has thought off mimicking the "female" form, it's what we all ready have that looks good to our eyes when enhanced by clothing. It's just that women had cornered the market on that type of clothing. Even though much of it was created by men.

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

Originally Posted by Amanda Snake http://www.hhplace.org/discuss/images/buttons/viewpost.gif

Are you wishing perhaps to create for yourself, an image that you consider beautiful and arousing by dressing your legs in this fashion? I wondered if this is often the case for you guys who are sexually straight but enjoy wearing heels around in private....or even in public?

... dressing your legs in such a way that mimicked the female form. You would be creating before your own eyes and within your control, an image that appeared beautiful, elegant and attractive almost like you had transformed yourself partly into your idealized female form.

Amanda, I think that you really hit the nail right on the head for me. You described me to a "T."

It's all about the heel!

Amanda, this is an interesting point. The only problem I have is rationalising the common assumption that long slender legs, enhanced by high heels, is only a female attribute. I find both sexes are attracted to this look. The devil is in the detail though....womens fashion is generally far less conservative than mens so it only works if the whole outfit is co-ordinated, unlike some women I observe. My wife is not into heels so perhaps I am drawn to experiment for that reason. She thinks I look great. I don't feel my 'look' is a substitute for her preferance for flatties. You must know that the feel of a heel is gratifying and partly erotic to some people, male or female. M

You won't get me wearing flat shoes...I really can't do it.

I don't feel my 'look' is a substitute for her preferance for flatties. You must know that the feel of a heel is gratifying and partly erotic to some people, male or female.

M

Why?

err... because I am one of those people? meaning I would still want to wear heels even if she did too. Come to think of it, years ago, I had girlfriends that wore heels but I had not identified my preferance at that stage, OR tried some on........it makes a difference! Or did you mean WHY do people find heels gratifying? M

We've really got two situations here and I think some analysis might help sort them out. 1. Some of us like to wear heels more for the appearance and presentation, and we get our satisfaction from the mindset that we're mimicking the female form (or at least presenting our legs and feet in a way that usually only females do). To those of us in this camp, it's all about looks, fashion, style, and (our personal vision of) beauty. 2. Others of us wear heels more for the feeling than the appearance. I'm in this camp. I don't want to look female. I don't have many feminine characteristics, anyway, and I would never pass as a female. I've never crossdressed, but I do enjoy wearing heels (and hose) and I wear the more masculine styles in public. But not to look feminine. I just like the feeling. I like what higher heels do to my arches, I like the extra 2 to 3 inches in height, I like the fact that women's shoes usually have a full smooth insole, a nylon-hosiery-friendly soft interior (often padded fabric or supple leather), I like their lighter weight, and I like their varied heel heights. If they made such shoes for men, I'd gladly wear them. I don't care if the shoes are women's. I wear what I like and heels happen to be made for women in today's era. It wasn't always that way though. Fashion isn't static. It changes and that's what many of us here want to see! Men's shoes are flat and boring. And where there are two camps, "the truth is often in between." I'm sure there are many who wear heels for BOTH reasons, in various proportions. In summary, there's a whole spectrum of why we like to wear heels, not just the two choices above. GWL

Amanda, I think GWL has pretty much covered the ground on this. If you want to discuss even deeper levels of desire then I think I might have more to add. I think there is always going to be a spectrum of reasons why people are attracted to wear high heeled shoes, with as many details as there are wearers. I dare say most women, given that society finds nothing odd about their freedom to wear nearly anything ever made with either gender in mind, do not know what it feels like to be DICTATED TO in this way. Like the smoking ban.....it actually makes me want to smoke... So there is an element of this going on too!! So, Amanda, tell us what freedom is really like!!! I try hard to do my own thing.... M

Well, I can chose to wear whatever shoes I wish without being judged (too severely)

Aside from that, I always imagined that freedom is like being male.

Well, I can chose to wear whatever shoes I wish without being judged (too severely)

Hay!! Guess what? This is where the shoe is on the other foot, so to speak. :thumbsup: In reality both genders have barriers in "gender" roles to deal with these days. Not as lop sided as it use to be but some people sometimes one gender feels offended when another is "intruding" into what they though was exclusively theirs.

I have witness some women almost go ballistic over my shoes.

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

Why do you have to imagine freedom? You just described having a choice.

I hope you don't subscribe to the antique idea that women are subordinate to men?

Is this going OT?

M

We've really got two situations here and I think some analysis might help sort them out.

Amanda,

I think GWL has pretty much covered the ground on this.

I think there is always going to be a spectrum of reasons why people are attracted to wear high heeled shoes, with as many details as there are wearers.

I dare say most women, given that society finds nothing odd about their freedom to wear nearly anything ever made with either gender in mind, do not know what it feels like to be DICTATED TO in this way.

Like the smoking ban.....it actually makes me want to smoke... So there is an element of this going on too!!

Well put both. :thumbsup:

As I indicated earlier, I doubt there is a single reason for anyone. Certainly, I have a foot in each of the three camps discussed so far. <clever, ain't I? :smile:>

Bottom line, it's a fair question, with potentially complex answers for everyone of us.

Why do you have to imagine freedom? You just described having a choice.

You do know that psychologists will tell you wearing heels is a form of submission? [it handicaps your ability to walk/escape.]

I've yet to meet a woman over 25 <one with some life expience> who didn't want to have their next 'go' as a man......

I have not read this entire thread (its pretty long), and I am new here, but in what I have read, and from seeing pictures and comments from other men in this forum, there are a wide range of reasons for some men to want to wear them. Some of the men seem to like the more extreme stuff and quite a few even want to be out in them. For me, I am a bit more subtle, wearing the higher stuff at home, I do get some excitement and satisfaction that I can make my legs look feminine and sexy, and my wife even gets a kick out of it, thankfully. I love womens legs and the look they have in heels, and think why cant I have that. Why is it wrong for me to want to have that same look and feeling? I have only very recently started going public with heels, but I am very subtle about it, carefully picking shoes/boots that look almost like mens shoes (chunky wedges) and covered with long boot cut jeans. Even though these dont look as sexy as say strappy stiletto's (some men in this forum are out in these), and I am not broadcasting what I am wearing, I guess I still get some comfort from the feeling of being in heels (they just look and feel great to me) and maybe some excitement and adreneline from the risk of being caught. I don't know if that answered anything or repeated anything that was said, but it was my thoughts after a brief scan of this thread. I do agree with what I did read someone say about men's shoes just being very limited and boring. AMEN to that! :thumbsup:

Amanda... I am late to this post but here are my thoughts. When I see a woman dressed in high heels, I first observe the shoes and then the woman in the shoes. I don't try to re-create a woman dressed in a beautiful dress or gown with high heels. But if I see a woman dressed in a pant suit and she is wearing high heels, I believe this has been my inspiration for the way I dress when I wear high heels in public. I always wear a man's suit, sometimes fedora hat, and high heels. So yes, I am re-creating the images and experiences of women that I have seen dressed in this manner. Thank you for this thought provoking post. I never really gave it that much thought in the past.

Great thread Amanda! I've had a foot and footwear fetish for as long as I can remember. I rarely go outside in heels and when I do, it's either where I can't be seen or late at night. As for me, I think you've hit on one of the main reasons I'm into heels. I love the way they shape the leg and foot, and like my own feet and legs to look good, like most women. Just wish I could do something about the rest of my body.

• 5 weeks later...

I suppose when I began wearing heels, I was just mimicking my mother, sisters and elegant grown up women I saw in the street. Also inspired by magazines and TV. I can indulge in my femininity so why shouldn't a guy ba able to do that too? I suppose it's frowned upon mainly because a guy indulging in femininity would be seen to be impotent by the status quo. In a day and age when overpopulation is key to every problem humanity is facing, surely displays of male femininity can only become more acceptable, if not trendy?.

In a day and age when overpopulation is key to every problem humanity is facing, surely displays of male femininity can only become more acceptable, if not trendy?.

In other words: when men wear heels and thus become more feminine, they aren't attractive to many women anymore, therefore are less likely to have children and in conclusion help to diminish world's overpopulation?

Very interesting thought process!

I would guess that the same logic can be applied to female specimens of the species, also? Woman that look masculine are less likely to attract men? Works for me. :o

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Why is it that a man who wants to integrate high heel shoe's in to his fashion choice has to be in touch with his feminine side, that like saying that a women who wears pants and flat heeled shoes is in touch with her masculine side and in ether case is not always true. When you look at some of the styles of shoes offered to men some are just damn ugly and others look like a womens shoe with out the heel, and like wise some womens shoes look like mens shoes. In my opinion if men learn to coordinate their dress I think heels can look good and you can still be a man.

...snip...

I can indulge in my femininity so why shouldn't a guy ba able to do that too?

:o

Love it! There are a ton of reasons why I wear heels and the occasional flight of feminine fancy is definitely one of them.

I suppose it's frowned upon mainly because a guy indulging in femininity would be seen to be impotent by the status quo.

Back in August of 2005, I wrote something along similar lines. You can read the post HERE

In a day and age when overpopulation is key to every problem humanity is facing, surely displays of male femininity can only become more acceptable, if not trendy?.

Love it again!

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.