Celebrities in High Heels

• 2 weeks later...

Not bad from what we can see. Too bad the picture is a little dark.

Sorry about that. I DVR'ed the show, then took the composite output from my HD cable box, attached it to capture board on my computer, made an .avi file of the opening segment, then used another program to generate a .jpeg file for that particular scene. I'm sure there's some degradation along the way!

On the bright side, it's the same opening every week, so if you tune in 8:15-8:20p ET every Sunday, you can see the entire opening scene with Faith yourself.

Eliza Dushku

It looks like she's wearing a pair of Louboutin's Pigalle shoes. But, I really like the pair of boots that the gal standing next to her is wearing.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

It looks like she's wearing a pair of Louboutin's Pigalle shoes. But, I really like the pair of boots that the gal standing next to her is wearing.

I think you were refering to Heidi Klums picture. Gotta love them pigalles. And I agree with you on the other girls boots, very nice. I wish we could the whole boot.

Jennifer Lopez accentuated her long stems in a silver, sparkly jumpsuit and sky high Christian Louboutin pumps at American Idol’s season 10 Press Conference. The performer is the newest addition to the show’s judging panel.

[ATTACH]11072[/ATTACH]

just how high are those heels??? wow!

just how high are those heels??? wow!

Took it as a little exercise to try to figure it out. I downloaded a free ruler program that overlays the screen, and used it on top of an enlarged copy of the picture in Windows Picture viewer to take some measurements.

I first measured the total from the top of J's head, to what I thought would be the bottom of her heel. I calibrated that against her published height of 5'6" (66"). I then measured the heel in the same view, and came up with about 5.45".

I then enlarged just the shoe, and measured to get the ratio of the heel height to the platform height. If the heel height is 5.45", it puts the platform height at 1.05". I initially thought the platform height was more like 1.25", which puts the heel height at about 6.5". For our metric friends, that works out to in mm about 140/27 or 165/32.

I'm going to go with 6.5"/1.25" heights, as both the platform looks higher than 1", and the heel more than a 5.x" height.

Then I decided to do a search for "J Lo American Idol shoes", and after piecing together some results, discovered that they appear to be the Christian Louboutin Lady Peep pumps. That has specs of 150mm heel, 50mm platform, which equates to 6"/2". A 4" heigh difference isn't that bad, so I'm sure despite a 6" heel, they were still walkable.

Here's a link for more info:

http://us.christianlouboutin.com/lady-peep-150mm-13936#product-detailed-view

Took it as a little exercise to try to figure it out.

I'm going to go with 6.5"/1.25" heights, as both the platform looks higher than 1", and the heel more than a 5.x" height.

Then I decided to do a search for "J Lo American Idol shoes", and after piecing together some results, discovered that they appear to be the Christian Louboutin Lady Peep pumps. That has specs of 150mm heel, 50mm platform, which equates to 6"/2". A 4" heigh difference isn't that bad, so I'm sure despite a 6" heel, they were still walkable.

Here's a link for more info:

http://us.christianlouboutin.com/lady-peep-150mm-13936#product-detailed-view

A neat bit of homework, jw, and I'm sure your maths teacher will give you good marks! I agree with you that the heel looks to be more than 6" but the platform is certainly at least 1.25". Has the J Lo picture been stretched to give the illusion of greater height?

I don't believe the Louboutin statistics. If the heel is indeed 6" (and I don't think it is quite that high from the Loubi pic), then, by simple scaling of that picture on screen, the platform is scarcely more than 1.5" at the thickest point. The arch therefore is a more acceptable but still wearable 4.5". Perhaps there is some variation according to shoe size.

• 2 weeks later...

Some pics of Katy Perry. Always a great heel wearer! The last picture with a collection of shoes might be her dressing room. The picture came up while I was searching on google images but it didn't have an obvious note or detail. I can imagine her wearing any and all of them though.

post-1260-133522929601_thumb.jpg

post-1260-133522929611_thumb.jpg

post-1260-13352292962_thumb.jpg

post-1260-133522929628_thumb.jpg

The first picture is just hot all alround. I'm not sure I would have recognized it as being her (not a bad thing) if it wasn't mentioned in the thread. Second picture, maybe it's the toe cleavage, but it looks like she's actually working to stand in those pumps. Other thing that looks strange - the heel appears to be well behind the back of the foot. If that's correct, I'd think that has to be a bit different to walk in than a more regular pair of pump.s

• 2 weeks later...

Looking at those last few pictures - it´s amazing how extreme heels and overknee/thigh boots now seem to be a must-have for celebs, whereas a couple of years ago the thigh-highs at least were mostly associated with the "Pretty Woman" look. Not that I´m complaining :)

• 2 weeks later...

Looking at those last few pictures - it´s amazing how extreme heels and overknee/thigh boots now seem to be a must-have for celebs, whereas a couple of years ago the thigh-highs at least were mostly associated with the "Pretty Woman" look.

Not that I´m complaining :lmao:

Who knows, maybe the movie helped promote that look and it caught on big time (thank goodness).:)