Celebrities in High Heels

Miley Cyrus struggling in Louboutins:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1282918/Miley-Cyruss-seven-inch-heels-Hannah-Montana-star-struggles-stay-upright.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Which inspired this late night phone-in section on BBC Radio Five Live. It has it's moments :)

http://rapidshare.com/files/394538569/Tony_Livesey_-_01_06_2010.mp3.html

Mods - I think the link is okay but I could be wrong, and I have no idea where to put an audio file. If I've committed a faux pas, please forgive me and do whatever needs doing...

Thanks

Big

The usual journalistic exaggeration in the Miley Cyrus article; those boots had heels no more than 6" high and a platform of around 1.25" - not exactly skyscrapers. The readers' comments so far are almost universally critical of both the shoes and the trend; nothing new there either.

The radio programme is quite interesting (ignoring the diversion when the main caller starts talking about a car) but there are some surprising remarks, e.g. that few men neither look at nor show interest in women's shoes. And one of the women clearly has only a vague idea of the true height of the heels she wears and probably exaggerates it, albeit innocently. A good opportunity for some sensible discussion was lost.

Yeah, and a person showing signs of aging couldn't possibly be beautiful.. :)

Not so but when an aging (obviously forty-something) person is trying to dress like a twenty-something you get a visual dissonance that's tough to ignore.

• 2 weeks later...

I have always had a thing for Jennie Garth. She has that girl next door appeal going for her. But I don't think she has ever looked hotter or sexier than in this photo. And those heels, OMG!

post-3002-133522917278_thumb.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

I have always had a thing for Jennie Garth. She has that girl next door appeal going for her. But I don't think she has ever looked hotter or sexier than in this photo.

And those heels, OMG!

She's lovely - and those legs....fabulous!

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...