Celebrities in High Heels

Hi everyone,

No picture but did you see tonights Doctor Who with The Master (John Simm) in red dress and black rather chunky high heels near the end of the episode, when he took over everyones bodies.

GG

No, but have you seen Zara Phillips in 6 inch stilettoes on snow and at church with the Royal Family on the front page of todays Daily Mail? Awesum!

... have you seen Zara Phillips in 6 inch stilettoes on snow and at church with the Royal Family on the front page of todays Daily Mail? Awesum!

Link for that is here:-

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1238323/Queen-Royal-Family-traditional-Sandringham-Christmas-Day-service-snow.html

Always High-Heel Responsibly

the woman is a prize idiot. nice boots though.

Mariah Carey is hardly an idiot. Not even close when you compare her to other pop singers, her peers. She has not made the papers for the wrong reasons. Not been given an involentary 72 hour 'vacation' at the local laughing accademy. Not been to jail any time recently. Not been sent into rehab by a judge. Her dady does not control her life. Has not been caught driving drunk and cracking up her car. She has a bunch of hits and is financialy well off. Not to mention she knows how to make herself look fantastic. Not to mention her absolutely fantastic voice. Man she has got her act together.

What is with all the platforms these days? Don't women wear plain old stillettos anymore.

Yeah I don't understand it either. You'll see some women wearing these skin tight dresses, then they have (in my opinion) these big, clunky platform pumps on (not that some platforms shoes don't look good, but I don't think heels do). Could it be that "size matters" for women, and they want to wear 5"+ heels, and they best way for them to do it is with shoes that have 1" platforms?

Yeah I don't understand it either. You'll see some women wearing these skin tight dresses, then they have (in my opinion) these big, clunky platform pumps on (not that some platforms shoes don't look good, but I don't think heels do). Could it be that "size matters" for women, and they want to wear 5"+ heels, and they best way for them to do it is with shoes that have 1" platforms?

I agree. Some platforms do look good but more often than not a stilletto will win every time. For me anyway. And maybe you are on to something with the "size matters" thing for women. But for me a women wearing platforms is almost like cheating.

Seeing a women wearing platforms is like finding out Mickey Mantle corked his bat.....lol. Just had to throw a little Seinfeld humor in there.

Mariah Carey is hardly an idiot...

Mariah not an idiot? Well let's just agree to differ on that score.

Here's one of her 'intelligent' quotations for you to cut out & keep:-

"Whenever I watch TV and see those poor starving kids all over the world, I can't help but cry.

I mean I'd love to be skinny like that but not with all those flies and death and stuff."

No, but have you seen Zara Phillips in 6 inch stilettoes on snow and at church with the Royal Family on the front page of todays Daily Mail? Awesum!

Another example of the all-too-common journalistic exaggeration (or perhaps just appalling guesswork). Zara's shoes were nice enough but probably 4.5" heels at most. She has however quite often worn shoes around that height and looks good in them.

Mariah not an idiot? Well let's just agree to differ on that score.

Here's one of her 'intelligent' quotations for you to cut out & keep:-

"Whenever I watch TV and see those poor starving kids all over the world, I can't help but cry.

I mean I'd love to be skinny like that but not with all those flies and death and stuff."

Have you actually heard her say that? Or did you just read it somewhere and automatically assumed it was true?

I don't mind the slim (1/2 inch) platform. It does add comfort, but the higher ones just don't do it for me. They just start to look heavier and change the proportion/balance of the look.

Proudly standing in my patent High Heels

Have you actually heard her say that? Or did you just read it somewhere and automatically assumed it was true?

She said it to me last weekend whilst we were having tea & cucumber sandwiches at her place. :cry1:

Can't say much about Penelope Cruz's or Nicole Kidman's, but Fergie's shoes are terrific. Don't suppose she would tell me where she got them...:cry1: Edit: Seems I answered my own question. Her own brand! The style is called "Ravish".

post-2079-133522900204_thumb.jpg

post-2079-133522900207_thumb.jpg

Saw these in a Swedish magazine. Thought you might appreciate. Sadly the article is about the damage to her feet due to wearing high heels, but let's ignore that... Right?

:cry1:

It's sad that her feets are so damaged and that it might be due to her constantly wearing heels but I just couldn't help but drool all over my copy of the magazine when I saw the pics featuring all her YSL heels..

“Sometimes you have to sacrifice your performance for high heels” www.heelsoholic.com

Whilst in the library this afternoon, the cover of a book caught my attention. It was a BBC book based on the Torchwood sci-fi series, and on the front was Gwen Cooper in black pants and some rather nice boots. Anyway, thought I'd share my find with you all.

post-10791-133522900609_thumb.jpg

post-10791-133522900612_thumb.jpg