Celebrities in High Heels

I love the Carmen Electra pic. We have a comedian in Britain called Eddie Izzard who is a freestyle dresser see what you think of him:

Posted Image

Let calm be widespread

May the sea glisten like greenstone

And the shimmer of summer

Dance across your pathway

"Communication is a two way thing"

He presented an award on the British Comedy Awards last night, I was very disappointed about how "normal" he looked.

Did anyone see Him on the Spike Milligan (IIRC) tribute thing on BBC2? -- He was in male mode; I was quite surprised!

Regarding British comedian Eddie Izzard, earlier this year the American National Public Radio Network broadcast an interview with him. This interview is really entertaining and informative. If your interested its at: http://discover.npr.org/features/feature.jhtml?wfId=1142353

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Hi all you interested in Eddie Izzard check this article with fantastic photos that he did for Elle magazine. He says exactly how I feel about freestyle dressing for both men and women - enjoy!

http://fabulous.future.easyspace.com/izz9511.htm

Let calm be widespread

May the sea glisten like greenstone

And the shimmer of summer

Dance across your pathway

"Communication is a two way thing"

Eddie Izzard was on the Chris Moyles show on BBC Radio 1 yesterday. Apparently he came in with false boobs that was worn by one of Uma Thurman's stunt doubles in "The Avengers". He went right up to the wardrobe guy and said:"I'm a transvestite and I'd like a pair of those!" and the guy said:" Of course sir!" and gave them to him! Whether that's true or not, what a brilliant story!

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Found these pics on ebay of Jeniffer Lopez in these cool Manolo Blanhik Timberland boots - I believe someone asked about a similar style a while ago - unfortunately these are around $1300 - $1500 :lol: .

She wore these boots in Jenny on the Block Video, and Beyonce Knowles (Destinys Child) apparently had a similare pair in her Bonnie and Clyde Video.

http://65.160.96.70/hhplace/images/1040588544.jpg

http://65.160.96.70/hhplace/images/1040588465.jpg

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king!!!

you call $199 reasonable?

Did you read the first post page what they were talking about, and if you really want to wear good heel stilletto you have to spend over $50.00 and boot over $90.00. When I said reasonable price I was comparing what they said on the first page (bottom page). Go and check and then let me know if it's not reasonable.

I agree with Tahira, Today's shoes are expensive and if you wear them every often then you gotta spend good money for a good shoes. The art of hand made stilletto ( specially from UK and Italy ) are well designed and %100 leather. I know some are replica but you have to make sure what you are investing and you got to know the store where you are buying. Now if you want to spend for cheap shoes then you could buy those that are for $19.99 or $29.99 (not %100 leather) that probably wont last much ( heel tip or cap and sole run out fast ), that depend how much you wear them. Girls tell me if I'm wrong but this is my opinion.

Posted Image

This rudimentary gif image should convey what the major difference is, between cheap (as in PayLess, SexyShoes.com, most cheap fetish(<$100), etc.) shoes and better made shoes.

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

You can find a good pair of leather shoes for under a hundred dollars, it's just that you have to try before you buy. I have a pair of Connie’s that I paid $40. from $80 last year. But luck would have it I found another pair for only $25. last fall as clearance, and because I knew how great they fit me I snagged them as well. I got to tell you these are the most comfortable pair that I have found yet with a 4 inch heel so far.

But as for a good pair of stilettos, you are better off paying the premium price tag if you are going to wear them as everyday shoes. On thing I halved learned is that if you can feel the whole contour to the shoe from your heel to your toes it's starting to be a good candidate for the next piece of your collection. :lol:

Posted Image

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

Posted Image

This rudimentary gif image should convey what the major difference is, between cheap (as in PayLess, SexyShoes.com, most cheap fetish(<$100), etc.) shoes and better made shoes.

Which is which?

Actually, there is no difference to the lasting of a "cheap" shoe and an expensive one. Either last can make a cheap shoe or an expensive one.

The main difference is in the materials used and the quality control. Quite often a manufacturer will make shoes under contract for Steve Madden lets say, and also make them for Payless. They will not go to the expense of getting a different set of lasts for each customer.

There will be more rejects for an expensive client (which will have to be destroyed) but the quality control will be less vigorous with the "seconds" appearing in factory outlets.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Which is which? PayLess is on the LEFT, of course!! Nearly all of the boots I have from PayLess have what amounts to an unbroken diagonal line from the back of the heel to the curve at the ball of the foot, without even a hint of a "heel shelf"; sometimes they try to hide this by having a slight curve to the arch near where the heel starts (on the outside) but a close examination will show that same lack of a shelf inside. The only exceptions that I have found from payless is with their platform soles (especially the rigid ones--which with payless are never found with their boots--only with some of their mules and sandals). Why this thing I have with a "heel shelf"? If there is one, at a more shallow angle than the arch, the toes stay where they are supposed to, they don't slide forward, off the meager padding provided for the ball of the foot, and into the "point", exacerbating bunion problems, hammer toes, etc.

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

Which is which?

Actually, there is no difference to the lasting of a "cheap" shoe and an expensive one. Either last can make a cheap shoe or an expensive one.

Definately there is a big difference on both samples of the sole heels. If you put a magnifying glass you can see the difference between the arch feet and the heel. From the angle of the heel in Payless sample is more extended and not arched. The other one looks better angle with a nice pointed toe. I thought you were Dr. Shoes, isn't it :-) .