Men should wear skirts/kilts and women should wear trousers - ther's a logic to this

thedesigner

Now what do you think of this.... Surely, from a logic point of view, men should wear skirts or kilts, not trousers. It would avoid the "which side do you dress" scenario, and we could hang loose (better to keep 'em cool). Women, however, who have no dangly bits, are naturally better suited to jeans or shorts, as they don't. Somehow fashion has got it the wrong way round ? This is a serious question, not cd based !! :roll:

The human body actually does many things to keep the contents of the mans parts cool, so in a technical sense closing it all in must be bad for those contents. Obviously then a skirt/kilt would be better for keeping those parts cool. Technically speaking of course.

He was so narrow minded he could see through a keyhole with both eyes.

Brown's Law: If the shoe fits, it's ugly

Guest Loveshiheels

Any excuse to wear a skirt. Do we need an excuse to wear a skirt, no we don,t. If you are wanting to keep cool then men should wear loose pants as well and not wear tights. Stops the air getting to your parts which can cause a low sperm count.

I wear a kilt about 98% of the time. It is amazingly comfortable. It does attract alot attention, so I try not to wear heels with them. Kinda funny how the skirt is when I am in 'man' mode, and the heels and pants in my more feminine times. Hmmmm

Proudly standing in my patent High Heels

The designer and all of you have some very good points. And you never know how the evolution of fashion will end up. I personally have never felt comfortable wearing a skirt or dress. But what woman (and many men) doesn't look good in a pretty dress or skirt while wearing high heels? And if they are comfortable wearing them, all the better.

i wear micro shorts a lot but too i feel awkward in a skirt, for me its over the edge whereas heels i wear out all the time, although i do dress-length t shirts and knitted dresses over the shorts on occasions. Legs for it ok yes, too far for soulmate are skirts.

I don't feel at all awkward or uncomfortable in a skirt, if anything, it feels natural to me, and with my long legs, I look particularly good in a short skirt. However, I've yet to actually go out in a skirt, mainly because I just can't screw up the courage to do so, so I guess I'm kind of hypocritical in that regard and I am uncomfortable. But the world as a whole needs to wake up and get over the ludicrous gender division when it comes to clothing, i.e. only men should wear this while only women wear that. It's all so ridiculous to me. The stigma associated with men wearing skirts is preposterous while women can wear anything and everything without getting any sort of scorn or ridicule that we receive when seen wearing items allegedly associated with women. I wish society would expand its horizons and realize that clothing should have no gender division.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

But the world as a whole needs to wake up and get over the ludicrous gender division when it comes to clothing, i.e. only men should wear this while only women wear that. It's all so ridiculous to me.

Jeff, this is exactly the conversation I had with my wife yesterday. She grudgingly goes along with the clothes, boots etc. at home in limited doses but was not very happy about (well see the nail polish for men thread).

Anyway, I mentioned to her all of the styles women wear now that were men's - thigh high boots, high heels, stockings, wigs, and so on. She heard it but still wasn't all that happy about it. We all live to survive another day!!

It's all about the heel!

Jeff, this is exactly the conversation I had with my wife yesterday. She grudgingly goes along with the clothes, boots etc. at home in limited doses but was not very happy about (well see the nail polish for men thread).

Anyway, I mentioned to her all of the styles women wear now that were men's - thigh high boots, high heels, stockings, wigs, and so on. She heard it but still wasn't all that happy about it. We all live to survive another day!!

I hear where you're coming from. It's still all about that century plus long mindset that separates clothing according to gender, and how women have an overwhelmingly large latitude in the eyes of society when it comes to what they can wear vice what we can wear. The limitations fashion forward men like us are forced to deal with are incredibly stifling and confining. And it can be damned hard to break through the mental concrete that's encased so many minds when it comes to clothing and gender.

Even when we raise the argument saying there's no law prohibiting us from wearing skirts and heels, just like women are free to wear jeans and combat boots, we're still seen in the eyes of some, if not most as bizarre at best, warped at worst, and that's just not fair. We're not weirdos or perverts, far from it, we simply have an eclectic sense of style when it comes to fashion. We readily and boldly think outside the box when it comes to clothing and yearn to be counterculture to society's whims and wear what we like. Nothing more, nothing less.

I know this is an nth degree pipe dream, but I long for the day when I can leave my house and go to the office in a skirt and heels and be looked upon by society as being just as normal as I would in Dockers and loafers. Will that fantasy ever come true? Who can say.

I'm out in a skirt most Fridays, as I head over to a friend's for a regular meet-up. Usually ankle length (or longer!) jeans or cord skirt, though I dug out a black tiered skirt in the recent hot weather. I'll try to dodge groups of teenagers, but otherwise no issue. Far more comfortable than trousers!

I've now left HHPlace. Feel free to use the means listed in my profile if you wish to contact me.

If some doctor find out that pants are bad for men, as some research said about bicicle's seats, maybe the situation can change.

Flavio - Brazilian heel lover, now in France.

Of late, I've found that the more I wear skirts, even if just indoors, the more comfortable I've become. And, much to my delight, I've come to truly enjoy wearing a skirt, it feels natural, feels right to me, and, more importantly, I think I look damn good in a skirt too! Makes me wish I had discovered this great feeling a long time ago. Why should men be denied the sheer joy that comes from wearing a skirt? At the end of the day, it's just a piece of clothing, gender association with clothing shoudn't exist and society should be able to get past the nonsensical notion that men can only wear this while women can only wear that.

• 11 months later...

Jeff B is quite right. I have been wearing a kilt [initially to avoid the gender association of "skirt"] for everal weeks now. I discovered that it is possible to get proper "8 yard" kilts from suppliers on ebay at about £ 40.00 compared with the real thing at more than £ 200.00. They are acrylic and not wool so easier to launder. Strangely I have found I get more comments about the kilt than the high heel boots I wear with it and all the comments have been favourable. My private parts appreciate the extra ventilation, it is all very comfortable and I enjoy wearing the boots. The swing of the kilt is nice too, and I have been told that I have girlish hips, so maybe kilts are best for the slim!!

2 days ago I saw a guy standing on a bus stop wearing a kilt. OMG! He looked soo good in it! His jacket, his kilt and shoes (not heels, some tight anke boots) were in harmony all together. He looked quite amazing. So men should wear kilts, they (at least some) look good in it. But women wearing skirts because they want to show off legs too.

I know this is an nth degree pipe dream, but I long for the day when I can leave my house and go to the office in a skirt and heels and be looked upon by society as being just as normal as I would in Dockers and loafers. Will that fantasy ever come true? Who can say.

JeffB...

I have this same pipe dream every day. Back in the 70's, at least wearing high heels everywhere was a reality. I long for those days again.

As A Scotsman living in Scotland, I am regularly wearing a kilt and I find that chunky heels up to 4" look great, also thigh boots that come under the kilt look good. Stilettos dont work so well unless you want to start a conversation!

As A Scotsman living in Scotland, I am regularly wearing a kilt and I find that chunky heels up to 4" look great, also thigh boots that come under the kilt look good. Stilettos dont work so well unless you want to start a conversation!

I wear a Utilikilt most day and have several pairs of womens shoes I use. Most have chunky low heels. But I do have a few pairs of higher ones I wear when wearing pants. Heels and kilts could attract the wrong attention in my mind.

Proudly standing in my patent High Heels

• 1 year later...

I bit the bullet a couple of weeks ago and bought 5 denim skirts. Now the only time I wear pants is when I go to church or certain rare occasions. The skirts I have are just above the knee and are the same length as shorts, so they are really not noticed very much when I go out in public. When the weather gets cooler I will buy long skirts and panty hose.

It is nice not to have a wedge of cloth jamming into my balls as is the case with pants. Most men do not know the comfort of wearing skirts since they have never tried them.

My wife, on the other hand, never wears skirts, only pants. The only time I have seen her wear a skirt is during our wedding. So, I as a man wear skirts routinely and my wife wears pants exclusively.

Now to get brave enough to wear my 2 inch wedge sandals publicly! :wave:

If no one really notices your skirts, I'll bet no one will really notice your wedge sandals. Good luck!

Yes, I did take the plunge and wore my wedge sandals - the heels are 7 cm (2 3/4 inches) high rather than 5 cm ("2 inches") as describe by the store's website.

You are right - I used to wear men's sandals with the skirts, but no-one noticed my wedge sandals. As a novice to wearing heels (admittedly short) I was able to walk at virtually the same speed as with flats - that is much faster than most shoppers. I went to several stores and then came home. The only thing that bothered me was the bottom straps that I have to get used to. The height was a non-issue as far as my ability to walk and my comfort.

In fact I have Earth Shoe sandals I bought in the 1970's. They are no good for either walking or running. I also have a bulky Propet men's sandals that is good for walking but not good for running. Surprisingly enough the wedge sandal with the 7 cm heel is the best for running since it is light. I must mention that when I run I do so with just my toes hitting the ground. I don't make it my business to run much in any sandals; I was walking my dog while wearing the wedge sandals and and I decided to run for a short distance.

• 4 months later...

I think both guys and girls should be able to wear skirts and of course heels!. Then both guys and girls would be able to go shopping together imagine how much you could further learn from a girl who wears heels and how much advice she could give you to further better your experience as you live life in heels.

It is up to us to change that.In Western civilization women wear almost anything (if not all) without generally speaking any public scorn.Man can look good too in so called female apparel but in a different way.That is the freestyler's philosophy and yes I find skirts more comfortable than trousers from anatomical point of view.It is better for the cojones...skirts do not apply pressure on the crotch and do not stop the air inflow that is vital to male genitalia.