As you are at home with heels on, someone rings at the door. What do you do ?

Marion

As you are at home with heels on, someone (unexpected) rings at the door :  

406 members have voted

1. 1. As you are at home with heels on, someone (unexpected) rings at the door :

• I keep my heels (nevermind the style) and I answer.
    • I change or quit my heels only if they don't match my outfit and I answer.
    • Depending of the style of heels I'm wearing, I quit or I keep my heels and I answer.
    • I check who's ringing before quitting or keeping my heels and I answer.
    • I keep my heels and I don't answer.

Several month ago I had the house for my selfe. It was my day off. In the afternoon the door bell was ringing. It was FedEx delivering a pakedge. I was in my black thigh high stockings and Nine West 4" boots. I opend the door and signed for the delivery. The FedEx driver noticed my "outfit" and did not say anything and left.

No big deal. It's my home.

Carly

post-14453-133522942516_thumb.jpg

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I receive very few visitors at home but when this thread started I got to thinking about what I would do if someone rang the bell and I was wearing boots. I had the opportunity to find out a couple of months ago when I was wearing a pair of OTK boots with 2” stiletto heels over jeans. The bell rang and I did think about it then answered the door without hesitation. Tonight I had another opportunity. I was wearing a bright red T-shirt, a blue denim micro skirt and flats. The bell rang and I thought about it again then decided “why not” and answered the door. It was a guy wanting to cut the grass. I declined the service and I don’t think he even noticed what I was wearing. There is a different consideration about answering your own door than there is about being out and about. It makes the experience a little more personal because it literally brings it home.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

• 5 months later...

As you are at home with heels on, someone rings at the door. What do you do ? Simple...I answer the door. Most people never even notice. Pizza guys probably have a fight to deliver to my house to see the guy in heels. Fun to send my wife to the door in heels instead. Wonder if they think she used to be a guy due to the rumors?

I've not only answered the door in heels, but leave the house, jump in the car, run errands, etc., depending on the day/night of the week. I live in a condo and my immediate neighbors have seen me in guy/suit mode, as well as the night time drag mode for my other job. When I first moved in I was so used to my night mode, I was kind of shocked the first time somebody reacted, (nobody said anything at my other place, but that's probably because they knew me). I handed out a few drink tickets and passes, and now... it's all cool. Yea, drag queen is not as passable as a true crossdresser or in-transition male to female transexual, but that's not my goal. It's a gig, in a skirt or a clown costume... whatever it takes to make money, (as long as I'm not schlobbin' zee knobbin' LOL). Women are lucky when it comes to shoes, they've been wearing heels most of their teen and adult lives, as men, if we start wearing heels, we can't go from sneakers to 4-inch pumps in one day, it takes practice. If a guy want's to improve his game, golf, basketball, tennis, whatever... you practice. If you want to get used to wearing heels, walking in heels, and NOT jack up your ankles or get blisters - practice. A LOT!

• 2 months later...

I live in a small community. Here sufficient notice of visit is to ring the doorbell and enter. People do not lock the front-door. I have to be careful. I kick off my shoes and run to the door to prevent further damage. :smile:

As you are at home with heels on, someone rings at the door. What do you do ?

Simple...I answer the door. Most people never even notice.

This is a fact!

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I live in a small community.

Here sufficient notice of visit is to ring the doorbell and enter.

People do not lock the front-door.

I have to be careful.

I kick off my shoes and run to the door to prevent further damage. :smile:

I wish my neighbourhood was as friendly and as trustyworthy as yours...

I'd trade that over some footwear anyday....

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

• 5 months later...

Don't be ashamed of wearing heels. If people don't accept you for you then that's too bad. I wear heels all the time out with my buds. They think I'm some kind of rockstar. I wore zip up platform boots to a pub with them. Put my feet up on the other bartstool and my friend said look at those funky heels! People will respect you for being honest about yourself.

• 2 weeks later...

Problem for me is I am probably lounging in a satin chemise top. This adds more challenge stumbling away from the windows trying to rip off the chemise so the UPS guy doesn't see. Ironic that in fact he is delivering more high heels as im trying to get mine off

To be honest I just answer the door. I remember one time I was playing with my grandaughter and she put bows in my hair without thinking I went to the door and answered it boy did I get strange looks from the delivery man, then I realized and we both had a laugh. To be honest I don't wear heels very often indoors.

life is not a rehearsal