As you are at home with heels on, someone rings at the door. What do you do ?

Marion

As you are at home with heels on, someone (unexpected) rings at the door :  

406 members have voted

1. 1. As you are at home with heels on, someone (unexpected) rings at the door :

• I keep my heels (nevermind the style) and I answer.
    • I change or quit my heels only if they don't match my outfit and I answer.
    • Depending of the style of heels I'm wearing, I quit or I keep my heels and I answer.
    • I check who's ringing before quitting or keeping my heels and I answer.
    • I keep my heels and I don't answer.

I met up with her with my heels on and I was surprised she didn't say anything about them even though she did notice, maybe she felt put upon which may have been the case. She's very cool and we'll be having dinner soon so I'll talk with her then.

Why should she or anybody else have to say anything? Cant people just wear what they want to wear and be more interested in each other and go about their business without the need to comment on absolutely everything?

Do you comment on everything your friends wear or do you just hang out with them because they are your friends and couldnt care what they wear?

Just because somebody doesnt say anything, thats not always a bad thing, so I'd suggest you dont turn it into something that "needs coming out about" if you know what I mean...

The more you wear what you like and do it as if its n big deal, the easier others will find it to be around you if they know your just "doing whatever you please", but the more you turn something into "something you need to discuss", thats when others can get uncomfortable if they feel that you think your doing something that you might be embarrassed about...

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

tech - i have to say (eventhough i'm ashame to admit it).... if i was hanging out with my mates and one of them is wearing something different to the norm (as in different to what they normally wear - or in the case of a stranger, different to what i expect them to wear), i would probably comment on it..... i'll probably make a quick joke and then say i like it (eventhough i may or may not :) but then that's just me.... I think most people cast judgement one way or another.... it's just human nature.... ulyssa - the fact that she didn't say anything about the shoe probably doesn't mean too much... she might feel that it is rude to do so (she might be facinated and interested in it but didn't want to be rude)... but the fact that you chatted, got along and having further meetings/dinner with her is probably the more important factor..... she obviously doesn't have strong feelings against male wearing heels and obviously found something interesting in you..... all the best and good luck ulyssa

Now in my new house I can look see who's parked outside on the drive before I answer it. Sometimes I don't answer it at like. Like yesterday for example when I saw a local SNP candidate heading for my door clutching a hand full of canvassing literature.

• 4 weeks later...

The local candidates usually just drop their literature on the front porch or stuff it into the mail box. Makes good foder for the next garbage collection as I vote for who I want to not who drops reminders on my porch. I tend to ignore that kind of approach totally. So whether I'm wearing heels or not is immaterial at that time. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Like yesterday for example when I saw a local SNP candidate heading for my door clutching a hand full of canvassing literature.

Answering the door in heels could be a bold way of getting rid of canvassing politicians whether they are SNP, Labour or whoever. :)

Not sure if Amanda would create the same scene as us males? However if it was only her heels ..................................... that could be different?:) Done it now twice both with long jeans on so generally hidden. Never planned just a lapse in thought or has it become more natural. Al

I had kind of a shocking experience a couple weeks ago, to him, not me. lol I am doing a certain logo on t shirts for one of our lines at work and unexpectedly, I was sitting at the shop door embroidering a shirt with the door open and didn't notice Larry coming to the door.Well everyone at work has either seen me out in heels or have heard of it but not in the 5" stiletto mj's I was wearing at the time. He knocked on the screen door and I was busted! lol He looked down first thing with his t shirt in his hand, looked back up at me in great surprise, handed me the shirt, said thanks, a minute or 2 of small talk and off he went. Next day at work as he was sitting with some others who have already seen me in heels, I asked him what he thought. Well we all have our own opinion but he knows me for who I am for 15 years and shook his head and said, O well. Nothing changed in our friendship relationship. I have to admit, it was a little awkward for both of us at first but now that he has seen it in real life, next time won't be such a shock. :)

real men wear heels

Well, it really happened to me a few days ago. I was in slate blue shorts, a pale blue polo shirt, beige pantyhose, and Clark's Octavia clogs in a light tan color. These clogs have a tapered 3-inch stacked heel and 1/2 inch platform. I've worn them in public many times, but always with long jeans or pants. It was a hot and sticky day, so I opted for shorts. Anyway, I opened the front door to see who was there, and it was a couple of women who wanted to see something we had advertised for sale, so I showed them in, led the way upstairs to show them what they were after, exchanges some chit-chat, and off they went, saying they'd be back. They probably noticed my heels as they walked after me up the stairs, but maybe not. In any case I was completely comfortable in my own house wearing what I wanted. Steve

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I always answer the door with what I have on (unless I am wearing a see-through tricot nightgown). I answer the door even if I have a skirt on with wedge heels. If I am man enough to wear a skirt with heels publicly I will certainly answer the door!

I love maninpumps answer and it reminds us of the golden rule; "He who has the gold makes the rules." When someone knocks on your door and enters YOUR house then you have all the GOLD and make all the RULES. HappyinHeels

I have been following this thread with interest since it started. Before when someone came to the door I always kicked my heels off and answered the door even if I was wearing a skirt. Well yesterday was HOT so I was wearing a light weight above the knee skirt and my new snakeskin pumps I bought to "break in my feet" so I can wear them for long periods of time. I want to work up to go out dancing in them. Anyway, there was a knock at the door and I just got up and answered. It was friends of my girlfriend who she had invited over for dinner. I had no idea they were coming and they had no idea I wear heels. I decided to play Host/Hostess so my girlfriend could enjoy her friends. Long story short, by the end of the evening the 3 friends who previously would barely say hello to me chatted with me like one of the girls. They didn't think that men could look nice in skirt and heels much less be NICE. I wonder what their husbands are like? LOL Blackberry

• 2 weeks later...

I leave them on it's my HOUSE!:wave: Like I say if your confident in what you do or wear than really what does it matter? After all why should you be ashamed of wearing your heels? You loved them when you bought them so be proud and show every one else! you will find most people won't notice, and other will never say a word the ones that do really wish they could wear them also but are to intimidated to do so!:)

• 2 months later...

I'm not at home, but at a timeshare. The maintenance man came to look at the door latch after I told them it was difficult to close. I was working and didn't have time to run and change, so answered the door and let him in while wearing my 5.5 in. Karo wedge slides, with frosted & glittery blue nail polish (custom mixed by a lady friend at a salon). Wearing shorts and a T-shirt, by the way. I stood there while he worked on the latch and talked. No reaction, don't know whether he noticed, but I was calm and acted normally.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Just had to make the choice and did it. Wearing buckled ankle boots and shiny leggings today as feeling a bit stressed. Luckily I had left a pair of safety cover trousers handy in case, as it was the meter reader man. I had to answer the door and deal with it, quite a buzz!.

I'm not at home, but at a timeshare. The maintenance man came to look at the door latch after I told them it

was difficult to close. I was working and didn't have time to run and change, so answered the door and let him in while wearing my 5.5 in. Karo wedge slides, with frosted & glittery blue nail polish (custom mixed by a lady friend at a salon). Wearing shorts and a T-shirt, by the way.

I stood there while he worked on the latch and talked. No reaction, don't know whether he noticed, but I was calm and acted normally.

I'm sure he noticed. He's probably seen it all and wasn't shocked.

Charlie

Everything I say is a lie!.......I'm lying

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Have had the police come knocking once and decided against removing given the time it would have taken to do so after asking who was at the door:unsure:. Answering, they said they were enquiring about a noise complaint (my heels weren't that loud on the floor surely!) regarding loud music - I politely told them to check a neighbour 2 doors down. Don't think they even noticed my boots.