As you are at home with heels on, someone rings at the door. What do you do ?

Marion

As you are at home with heels on, someone (unexpected) rings at the door :  

406 members have voted

1. 1. As you are at home with heels on, someone (unexpected) rings at the door :

• I keep my heels (nevermind the style) and I answer.
    • I change or quit my heels only if they don't match my outfit and I answer.
    • Depending of the style of heels I'm wearing, I quit or I keep my heels and I answer.
    • I check who's ringing before quitting or keeping my heels and I answer.
    • I keep my heels and I don't answer.

It was precisely this scenario that did wonders for my heeling. About seven years ago, I was at home one warm winter day, when the downstairs door bell rang. I had been in heels for about an hour and my goal was to wear them for three uninterrupted hours that day. I flinched, as the buzzer in my third floor apartment didn't work, I would have to go downstairs and let the person in. I decided I would keep the heels on. I got downstairs only to find that it was the landlady who had let herself in and was waiting for me in the lobby. She was coming by to see if some repairs I'd needed in my unit had been taken care of (they had). She immediately noticed the shoes (hard not to, they were white seven inch slides with a three and half inch platform). I braced myself for her reaction but didn't in my wildest dream imagine what would happen next. "Those look great!" she exclaimed. My landlady was a woman of few words, but she clearly couldn't contain her enthusiasm over my footwear. She asked me to step outside and show them to her friend, so I did. They asked if they could see me walk, so I walked to the corner and back (thankfully it was unseasonably warm). She and her friend were positively giddy. I told them I was still practicing in them, they told me they looked forward to seeing me in them more often. My landlady and her pal were in their seventies, and till then had seemed somewhat proper and taciturn, but after that encounter when ever they saw me they would open up and ask about my heeling practice. They enthusiastically told others about the shoes I owned and encouraged me to wear them as often as possible. Such adoring support moved me to wear my heels out in the neighborhood at least twice a week after that until my work situation changed and I could no longer do so much work from home. -MJ

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I answer the door. We work out of our house and I am usually in heels anyway so all the costumers see me in heels. Nobody seems to really care. The fear of being caught in heels is WAYYYYYYYYYYYYY over rated folks.

real men wear heels

What I do is look out my kitchen window to see who is there. If it is someone I don't know, I won't even bother to answer. If it's a delivery man, I'll keep my heels on to get his reaction. If it's someone I do know, the heels come off and slippers and socks come on.

Black patent, open toed high heels are the best!

hi there reply to sept181 and who ever else this may help, you shouldnt hide your heels away, its your house and you do what feels right for you dont think about others because if they are people worth knowing they will accept you for who you are, i have said this to my husband a few times and we are now getting questions along the lines of where are your boots today and when we first got that question we were both taken by suprise but in a nice way and most people where we live knows my husband wears heels it has taken 3 years and a few not so nice comments but most are positive but we are on the right path. so you see there are more people out there that not only repect you but accept you out there than you think take care and keep wearing your boots x

• 3 weeks later...

Friday afternoon I was visited by a man and woman that wanted to catch my interest in the bible. I was actually NOT in heels at the time. I wish I would have been. It could have been an interesting discussion. :cry1: Anyway I hate people trying to sell something at the door.

Best regards, Stefan

Friday afternoon I was visited by a man and woman that wanted to catch my interest in the bible. I was actually NOT in heels at the time. I wish I would have been. It could have been an interesting discussion. :cry1: Anyway I hate people trying to sell something at the door.

Why do you answer it, then?

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Why do you answer it, then?

Bubba,

I wonder that myself. The fact is that having to enter pin a code to get into our apartment building I did not expect theese kind of people at my door. :cry1:

Anyway no real harm done. I hope you have had a nice Monday Bubba.

Best regards, Stefan

Great Monday before Chirstmas, stefan. Went to the mall all by my self to finish buying a few last minute gifts. I wore my black ankle boots with 4" semi stiletto heels, a pair of Levi bluejeans with a long sleeve sports shirt under my medium weight winter jacket (it was cold here today.....59º F and a brisk wind. -- no snow, In fact, the last snow we had here was almost 10 years ago.) What is great about shopping at this time of year is that everyone is so intent upon pursuing their own business that very few have time to notice how anyone is dressed. I mean, really taking time to observe closely what some stranger is wearing.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Since a guy wearing high heels is not fully accepted (yet) I have to admit I check to see who's there first. I have answered the door wearing heels a few times but there have been more times that I've stepped out of my heels, right next to the door, before I answered and usually when it's someone I don't know. When I step out of them I'm sure whoever it is can plainly see the heels but their reaction is typically uneventful.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I answer the door just as I am. People seem to be becoming desensitized about male heel wear. It's kinda like having an elephant in the room. They either ignore it outright or are bursting with questions. Either way, I smile and dangle and tell them it feels quite natural and is a practical thing for short people of either sex to do.

i dont think ive ever been in that situation, but from reading this thread, depending on who it is at the door, the next time it happens, i'll definatly be greeting them wearing my heels!!

• 2 weeks later...

All I can say heelguy is great legs.... Sorry to be such a perv.. Since I always have heels on, in the past I have kicked them off and put something drab on instead. These days I'm always in heels and a skirt and have decided that from now on they stay on and I'll deal with the situation.

Man, I have to laugh at myself, no sooner did I write that last post than someone showed up at my door and I quickly change out of my skirt and shoes to meet them. Yes I chickened out and feel a little ashamed thta I didn't leave my heels on but I was concerned about exposing myself to someone I know, so maybe it'll give me more courage the next time around. Still makes me laugh though.... what'ta maroon...

Man, I have to laugh at myself, no sooner did I write that last post than someone showed up at my door and I quickly change out of my skirt and shoes to meet them. Yes I chickened out and feel a little ashamed thta I didn't leave my heels on but I was concerned about exposing myself to someone I know, so maybe it'll give me more courage the next time around. Still makes me laugh though.... what'ta maroon...

Thanks for the compliment! :smile:

you should check who it is that may be knocking at your door first before deciding to quickly scramble to put something more conformist on. If it's somebody you know and you don't want them knowing about your preferance for heels and a skirt, fair enough take them off, but if its the mail man/door to door sales people/religious preacher types then give them something to go home and talk about!!

Yeah I know and I was so close to leaving wedges on and believe me I almost did, but the area I live in is closely connected and so chatty that I held back a bit. I'm going out to a club in town this weekend and I will have heels on then, it's important to me that this happen in my life.

I once had this Jehovah's witness that kept on coming back to my house until one day she caught me walking by the screen door naked. Never saw her again for some reason....

Thanks for the compliment! :smile:

you should check who it is that may be knocking at your door first before deciding to quickly scramble to put something more conformist on. If it's somebody you know and you don't want them knowing about your preferance for heels and a skirt, fair enough take them off, but if its the mail man/door to door sales people/religious preacher types then give them something to go home and talk about!!

• 2 weeks later...

Well Dawn, I don't know but I did go out to the club a couple of weeks ago and I didn't meet anyone I knew but I did find women tittering and some men averting their eyes and even made great contact with a woman who liked my shoes. So overall a good result...

I made a test with a gay woman I know and to my surprise she was a bit uncomfortable, I'll try her again.

Ulyssa:-)

What would you do if you ran accross someone that knows you when you attended a club?

Cheers---

Dawn HH

How about a variation on this theme; I had just pulled into the garage when the Post lady pulled up in front of the driveway behind me with a package I had to sign for! I quickly changed from the 3 1/2 inch heeled boots to sneakers to go and get the stuff! She is too friendly with my wife to get into that kind of pickle!

It's all about the heel!

I met up with her with my heels on and I was surprised she didn't say anything about them even though she did notice, maybe she felt put upon which may have been the case. She's very cool and we'll be having dinner soon so I'll talk with her then.

what do you mean by a test?