Clogs

Nick-65

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nope, never have here. For whatever reason, I love wooden soled shoes (clogs, heels with wood soles, etc) but have never really liked traditional Dutch wooden shoes. High heeled wooden clogs and sandals are the best, but for "normal" wear, I love my Danskos and Bastad clogs.

Brian May (of Queen) likes regular clogs, too. He sometime donates his used ones to charity, where they get auctioned on ebay.

First Off, I'm a big fan Of all Rock And Roll!!!, Second, I'm about to order one of the first 2 pairs of Dansko "Margurites" to add to my collection!!! I'm not into the wooden stuff, I much prefer Dansko, Sanita, And Crocs to name a few!!! I also love Skechers sneaker clogs, As well as Nike and Reebok sneeker clogs to name a few, as I collect and wear them all and tonite, I just ordered A pair of Dansko Margurites in brown Latigo leather With the ligh brown sole as I love bthem as well as I'm about to order them in total black as I really love Dansko !!!

Does anyone here like clogs??? Myself, I'm a big fan of Dansko!!!:thumbsup:

Agreed!! I bought my 4th pair of Danskos a few months ago. Due to an arthritic ankle I can't wear high heels, so Danskos are as close as I can get (with a touch of unisex thrown in!!).

For those of you who like the sound of clogs, wait until the rubber/plastic pads on the bottom start to come loose; pull the pads all the way off; the klunking sound that they make in that form is kinda like music! (to me, anyway).

Agreed!! I bought my 4th pair of Danskos a few months ago. Due to an arthritic ankle I can't wear high heels, so Danskos are as close as I can get (with a touch of unisex thrown in!!).

My new "Marguretes" will be here tommorrow!!!:thumbsup:

Hey Bub, I just Heard that my "Margurites" in brown pull-up will be here tommorrow as will My "ISOS" Fit-FLops be here next week!!!:smile:

• 2 weeks later...

Just took a quick peek at Dansko website and noticed that several styles are sold for both men and women. An example are the models Karl and Sonja: the same shoe except the 'womens' version comes in more colors and finishes. The open-toed and strappy models are distinctly for women but otherwise their stuff is all unisex.

Clogs and mules are great to wear in public. They usually have a rounded front and a high vamp, so they look more like unisex boots or men's shoes than anything feminine. It's not difficult to walk in them at all, and in fact it can be a lot of fun. I am wearing my Clark's Octavia clogs in black today.

See http://www.amazon.com/Clarks-Womens-Octavia-Clog/dp/B000PIH72Q/ref=pd_sbs_a_img_1

and read the reviewers' comments. Mine are even posted there as well! Thanks, Amazon, for posting a man's review of (supposedly) women's shoes!

I walked past a store window on my way to work this morning and looked at the reflection of my heel peaking out from under my long jeans as I walked. I liked the look of the narrow, three-inch, tapered heel - definitely not a masculine heel, but not very feminine either. I didn't get any comments or stares from anybody I saw in the post office or bank. Then I walked 1/2 mile to work, and they were fun and comfortable all the way. I highly recommend clogs and mules for public heeling, especially if you're not ready to do stiletto pumps yet.

The biggest plus is that they are wife-approved! Mrs. GWL said the other day that these clogs have too high and too narrow of a heel to wear with shorts or capris, but she's fine with them with long jeans. I couldn't be happier.

GWL

• 4 weeks later...

I'd still love to hear alot more from you fine folks on this subject!!!

Nick:wavey:

I have tired clogs and think they are a nice alternative for guys, however I just never felt comfortable with a shoes that has no back (mules and slides included.) The closest I get is a slingback.

Style is built from the ground up!

I opened my AOL account today, and spotted a headline: "Don't wear 'Crocs' to work". Well, no kidding. I wouldn't wear those ugly things to take out the garbage. If you want clogs, wear the real thing such as Dansko or Bastad-Troentorp, etc.

For me, any brand except "Crocs". With all those holes, they might as well be made of Swiss cheese. And don't wear them on the Escalator. Their sticky texture allows them to be sucked in between the Escalator and the Escalator wall. This fact was on tv news a few months ago. Dansko, Bastad-Troentorp, etc.,:smile: are safer and better-looking.

• 5 months later...

Look Folks, I'm thoroughy and toatly interested in reviving this thread as I'm looking to hear more from all of you regaurding clogs and sandals as well as pants, shorts, and Capris aswell as tops and what all goes together espicialy to excite and attract the ladies???? Regards, Nick!!!

I love high heel clogs. I have several pairs I wear round the house and sometimes leave them just inside the front door so I can slip them on when I take my muddy boots off.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

It's been a long time since I've worn clogs. I bought a new pair the other day. So far, loving them. I used to have some wood sole shoes like "candies" a long time ago but they bit the dust several years ago. A friend of mine that had no idea how into heels I am looked down at my clogs and says, "Could you find a more gay pair of shoes to wear?". My response, "I could, but it would blow your mind to pieces." After that he was cool. What do you guys think about clogs? Wear them?

... My response, "I could, but it would blow your mind to pieces." After that he was cool.

Excellent comeback! Now that's confidence!

As for clogs, I have tried them, never liked them much myself. But I am into more shoes of the more "mind blowing" variety.

Style is built from the ground up!