Clogs

Nick-65

With my home on the ocean's edge and owning condos at the Beach, I do spend a lot of time in clog style sandals. They do look good with traditional beachwear - t-shirts and shorts. Very "summery" looking. ;)

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

<------- You mean like these? When I first met them I wasn't all that thrilled -- but as time went by I grew to like them.

Have a happy time!

I love clogs and have worn them for years. I have the traditional wooden clogs and the popular rubber kind. I also have high heeled clogs that I wear often. I wear them out and about and no one gives me a second look. I have had a couple of times comments by ladies on my clogs. All positive too. Clogs are so handy to wear especially in the colder months. I love that I can just slip into a pair on my way out the door and be off. Also it is nice to be able to slip right back out of them on my return. Thanks for the post.;)

Hi,

I love clogs too. I've so far got just six pairs of footwear with 2'' or higher heels, and two of them are clogs. One pair is black traditional Swedish style wooden unisex clogs with small platform and 2'' heels. I'm wearing them quite often on the streets and in my office. The other is a pair of rust-colored clogs by Cole Haan, with 4'' block heels and Nike Air cushioned soles. Very comfortable. These are my favorite shoes now and i wear them almost always at home. I'm constantly looking for more nice clogs, so i'm keeping an eye on e.g. this site --> http://www.zoccoli.de/start.html

Happy Clogging ;)

k6ps

I love clogs! Most of my shoes are clogs/mules or that kind of backless shoe, for 3 reasons: (1) I can fit into a woman's 11 and there are a lot more styles to choose from in that size, instead of the 12 I need for a shoe with a back on it; (2) I really do like to slide my feet in and out of them during the day; and (3) most clogs are not very feminine or at least they are sufficiently unisex that my shoes are not on anyone's radar screen in public and I am comfortable that way. A few are wood soles, but I prefer the ones with a more flexible sole. Clark is my favorite brand, and 2.5-4.0 inches is my preferred heel height range for public heeling. I have dozens of pairs, mostly from ebay for less than $20 in new or nearly new condition. Mrs. GWL wears clogs a lot, too. GWL

Another clog lover here. Anything from traditional wooden clogs, to Dansko, to the popular rubber ones. I especially like wooden ones, have several pair from 2" up to 4". Have worn the old Candies style before also, and really like them too. Something about a wooden sole underfoot that I really like. Oh, and that zoccoli site has some reeaally cool shoes!

I've probably said this before (if anyone wants to do the research - I don't!) but clogs, in my opinion, are more unisex than sandals, pumps or slingbacks which expose the top of your feet and quickly tell the viewer that you are wearing shoes marketed to females. I have lots of pairs of clogs and I love wearing them. Most have heels in the 2-3 inch range, and I'm comfortable with them in public (and more importantly, so is Mrs. GWL). In addition, I love sliding my stockinged feet in and out of the clogs while I am seated. Backless shoes are great for that. GWL

I've probably said this before (if anyone wants to do the research - I don't!) but clogs, in my opinion, are more unisex than sandals, pumps or slingbacks which expose the top of your feet and quickly tell the viewer that you are wearing shoes marketed to females. I have lots of pairs of clogs and I love wearing them. Most have heels in the 2-3 inch range, and I'm comfortable with them in public (and more importantly, so is Mrs. GWL). In addition, I love sliding my stockinged feet in and out of the clogs while I am seated. Backless shoes are great for that.

GWL

I think that Sigmund Freud would have a field day with you... lol

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Dr. Shoe, I think Sigmund would have a field day with ALL of us here on this forum!! LOL

GWL

Knowing this crowd, I'd say we'd have quite a field day analyzing him!;);):lmao::penitent:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Clogs are cool... Clogs in the winter, Sandals in the summer.. It's only natural !!!! sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

• 3 weeks later...

CLOGS are the only femme shoes I can wear anytime at my house have a pair of earth shoes clogs that have a 2.5 inch heel that I have been wearing for a long time now. I have replaced them 3 times from E bay. I guess wife thinks they last forever. LOL

• 2 months later...

Hey everyone - I'm looking for a good pair of casual/sport clogs that have a heel. I have a pair of Merrell clogs (see attached picture) that I wear around the house or to places where I can wear something very casual with shorts or jeans. However, they're 8 years old & need to be replaced. But rather than buy another pair of basic mens' flat clogs, I'm looking for something similar that has about a 2" heel in them. As I mentioned, they would just be for around the house or for situations that I could wear something casual like that, so I'm looking for something other than leather. Ideally they should be unisex in appearance, like the Merrells. Any reccomendations? Thanks in advance!

post-25941-133522924171_thumb.jpg

I have some heeled clogs from Clarks. They are very comfortable clogs. They have a 2" heel approx. I also have a pair of 3" clog heels from Naturalizer Shoes. I love to wear them, mostly with jeans, but I did wear them out once with capri length pants. Go on ShoeBuy.com web site and take a look you might find somethimg that you like! bluejay

Even though they have a bit of a heel on them, many of the "standard" wood-bottomed clogs are considered to be unisex. They are particularly handy as "outdoor slippers" like when you have to go outside to get the mail, make a quick run to the garage, take out the trash, etc. They are so easy to slip on and to go outside and then kick off when you come back in.

Have a happy time!

I would vote for Clark's also. They have the best selection and best quality around, in my opinion. They aren't extremely expensive, and you can often find new ones at a discount on Ebay. I have several pairs of 2" and 3" heeled clogs. Born is another brand that you might look at. Same pricing and quality. Steve

NO!

Back in the 70s a pair broke my right foot (one of the metatarsals) never ever will I wear a pair.

Al

Yes, the thick rigid sole transmits no real feeling of the various irregularities on the ground, and as Alsheels sadly learned, can sometimes lead to disaster.

I once read that the Danish call them ankle-busters.

Yes, the thick rigid sole transmits no real feeling of the various irregularities on the ground, and as Alsheels sadly learned, can sometimes lead to disaster.

I once read that the Danish call them ankle-busters.

I had been wondering about clogs and mules as I have a pair of mules that I can't seem to keep squared away on my feet. Always seems like my heel is only on half the shoes heel area. Just seems like if I wasn't careful. my heel would slip off the side of the shoe.

• 2 weeks later...