Clogs

Nick-65

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yep, I love clogs and mules. Clark is my favorite brand, but I like many others as well. Any ones with a high front that look like boots and a 2-3 inch block or tapered heel look unisex and are easy to wear in public anywhere, even with shorts. I have never gotten any strange looks. I have some mules that go up to 4". They look good under long jeans or slacks and with practice I have mastered a confident, natural stride without any hint of awkwardness. There is something about backless shoes that I find very attractive (as long as they're not flat), but I also go for slingbacks, too. I have several dozen pair of clogs, mules, and slings in my closet and I love them all! They're great fun. GWL

I love clogs. I have many styles but my favorites are Dansko and Bastad. Danskos are one of the fem shoes that I can actually get away with at work. It's getting more difficult to pull off though, because they put in a new metal detector at work and it is much more sensitive than the old one. Shoes quite often set it off because of buckles, eyelets, steel shanks etc. If shoes set it off we have to remove them so if I was real daring some day my cover would be blown to hell! I have a nice pair of Dansko T-strap clogs that I wear to work a lot. So far I've been fortunate...

If the shoe fits-buy it!!!!!!

Yep, I love clogs and mules. Clark is my favorite brand, but I like many others as well. Any ones with a high front that look like boots and a 2-3 inch block or tapered heel look unisex and are easy to wear in public anywhere, even with shorts. I have never gotten any strange looks. I have some mules that go up to 4". They look good under long jeans or slacks and with practice I have mastered a confident, natural stride without any hint of awkwardness. There is something about backless shoes that I find very attractive (as long as they're not flat), but I also go for slingbacks, too. I have several dozen pair of clogs, mules, and slings in my closet and I love them all! They're great fun.

GWL

Ah, yes, their being backless; makes the foot feel less-restricted. I would say that at least half of my non-boot pairs are backless including a pair just acquired from Wally Walmart that otherwise looks like snoot-boots. (Women's Harley-Davidson knock-offs), and a pair of Mary Janes that are essentially backless.

Just so ypu know, I love slides but I cannot wear very high heels because of my flat feet and bad ankles, But, I honestly think there are alot more styles of shoes, Jewelery, and general fashion that are way more Unisex that the fashion police here in the world recognize, They all need to take a long hard look at what is practical as well as comfortable, Nick

I LOVE clogs!! Prefer wooden, but have several pairs of Danskos too. There are a bunch of higher heel wooden clogs out there too. I have a pair of 4 inch clogs that are so comfortable. Like someone else said, something about a backless pair of shoes, and especially with wooden soles!

I'm not a real big fan of clogs. Although I once had a pair with wooden 1.5" platform and 3.5" incline that were pretty comfortable. I lost them when I moved years ago and I haven't bought another pair since.

I too LOVE clogs. (I have 8 pairs.) I favor the wooden soles made by troentorp. Open back or closed styles are equally good. Clogs are very sturdy and comfortable on my feet. I have a couple of 4" high heel clogs made by Micheal Kors I found at Nordstrom a year ago. If you ask me clogs are basically a unisex shoe. Styles for men up to size 13/14 (u.s.) are available at the shoe stores I have visited.

Yes, the Dansko styles seem to me to fit into this forum. Whether you have the Danskos or other professional clogs or the Lands End styles, they offer a fairly discrete 2 to 2-1/2 inch heel. Not exactly high but some of us will take what we can get. As was pointed out already, the professional versions are unisex. That link to Shoes USA sure had some great styles under "clogs", although many were technically mules or slingbacks, etc.

Not a fan of clogs or mules

I can understand that; but a pair of platform clogs (late '70's) introduced me to the fact that there is something out there other than wing-tips and loafers,

I can understand that; but a pair of platform clogs (late '70's) introduced me to the fact that there is something out there other than wing-tips and loafers,

I recently spent the day with some friends I hadn't seen in many years. My open-back Dansko's served me well.

Hoverfly suggested Shoes USA. They are a great source for clogs, although a bit expensive. I bit the bullet and bought a pair of their Gabby style with a 4" heel. They are really hot!

If the shoe fits-buy it!!!!!!

I like the "Gabby" style, too. In black they would not be too noticible. In the 70's you could have similar styles in some men's departments (I had a couple of pairs). When not in HH, I am usually in Bastad or Dansko clogs.

I Love the vintage wood high heel clogs !!!! I do not wear clogs myself but I have bought many pairs of sexy wood heel clogs off E-bay for my girlfriend and other ladies that I know !! Most of the clogs that I buy have a 4" to 4 1/2" heel with a 3/4" platform. I once found a pair of 6" heel black suede platform clogs with a 1 1/2" platform. I think they made by frederick's.

• 3 weeks later...

I Love the vintage wood high heel clogs !!!! I do not wear clogs myself but I have bought many pairs of sexy wood heel clogs off E-bay for my girlfriend and other ladies that I know !! Most of the clogs that I buy have a 4" to 4 1/2" heel with a 3/4" platform. I once found a pair of 6" heel black suede platform clogs with a 1 1/2" platform. I think they made by frederick's.

Thank you for reminding me of the wooden high heels. I worked with a women who wore only those type of high heels everyday. She had beautiful legs and those chuncky wooden high heels seemed to set off her legs. I always wanted to try a pair of those. I will keep an eye out on Ebay.

I haven't posted in a few days, but at the risk of repeating myself, let me say that I like clogs. I haven't worn regular "shoes" in years, except for my Mary-Janes, Stiletto boots, and pumps. I like Bastads the best, and with a nearly 3" heel, they almost qualify as HH.

I can't wear high heels of any sort due to ankle and foot problems evevthough I'd like to wear pumps, so, I'm stuck with Flats, Crocs, Workboots (which is what I wear 95% of the time) Sandals, Platform wedges And MY ALL TIME FAVORITE, My DANSKO CLOGS!!!

Has anyone here ever tried real Dutch wooden shoes? I know that John Denver had a pair (given to him as a gift).

Nope, never have here. For whatever reason, I love wooden soled shoes (clogs, heels with wood soles, etc) but have never really liked traditional Dutch wooden shoes. High heeled wooden clogs and sandals are the best, but for "normal" wear, I love my Danskos and Bastad clogs.