I like wedgies

Magickman

I agree, wedge type shoes are more stable than point heels. I like the look & feel of a nice pair of wedges, even more so if they are a pair of platforms. I'll pay more money for a pair of good wedges, than a pair of heels. Innskin

I don't like wedgies at all... having one's underwear suddenly yanked up like that is not pleasant IMO...

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

I don't like wedgies at all... having one's underwear suddenly yanked up like that is not pleasant IMO...

Ha ha ha ha ha! Rule #1 when reading Dr. Shoe's posts: Do NOT drink anything, then read......your screen may suffer for it. :roll:

I do like that style though, Magickman! Too bad it falls under the "too small & stops at 11" curse for me.

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

Look like the kind of thing my granny would have worn :roll:

Lol you're right!!! :o

Can you see the real me, preacher? Can you see the real me, doctor? Can you see the real me, mother? Can you see the real me?

Thnaks for bringing junior high phys ed memories rushing back....:roll:

Style is built from the ground up!

I too am not a fan of wedges. Those do look comfortable and the color is one that looks like they would go with about anything. If you like them, that is the inportant thing. Congratulations and thank you for sharing with us.

:D:cup:<this is humour>

As a great fan of wedge shoes and boots, I'm compelled to make a note :o of all those names who have made less than favourable comments about them..... :roll:

Not sure what I'm going to do with the piece of notepaper with the names on it, but it won't be pleasant. :-?

:wink:"Be afraid, be Very Afraid" ......... ;);):wink:

Red was the color I would have preferred, but it was not available, so I chose black patent.

You are like me...RED is the color I always prefer when possible. Recently, I have decided to not buy any more shoes in black since it seems my closet floweth over, so to speak. The tan are quite nice as well.

Style is built from the ground up!

I usually don't like wedges, but I found a nice pair from Payless (see attachment). That one has a 2" platform and a 4" heel. They are not very steep, I can almost walk like with men's shoes. Did so the other day and nobody seemed to have noticed, though they were clearly visible. Interesting; you would think that such a shoe looks feminine enough to raise looks just like stilettos ...

post-3379-133522858484_thumb.jpg

Probably the most comfortable heels I own - good in the grass and dirt, very light. Not quite as much rise as ones with a lower platform or no platform.

post-28-133522858506_thumb.jpg

Right, ok.... WEDGES are brilliant for seeing clients, going about as street wear, as theres no obvoius heel or clank. So okay for suspect situations. WEDGIES are when your g string gets stuck up yer bum.... Of the two, i prefer wedges.....

I usually don't like wedges, but I found a nice pair from Payless (see attachment). That one has a 2" platform and a 4" heel. They are not very steep, I can almost walk like with men's shoes.

Additional comment about these: they are actually quite deceiving! As I wrote above, the feel like walking with flat shoes. But then all the sudden, your feet may move a bit too much to the left or the right and make them fall over to the side. Subsequently, some of my toes were not "in" in the front anymore and b/c of the ankle strap, it was quite a pain to re-adjust them. Fortunately, there weren't any people walking by me when that happened.

At my local Nine West store, I found these.

http://www.ninewest.com/n/browse/product.s?source=search&productId=2923748

I think I am in lust.

Nine West have those over here in a dark tan brown. I keep picking them up whenever I see them, because I LOVE the heel which I think is somewhere between 4 1/4" and 4 1/2" high. They are a bit girlie for wearing in the street, so I won't buy a pair :smile: .... But you've great taste. :thumbsup:

What about covering them up with long jeans? If you just see the very front part and a tiny bit heel, I don't think that looks too girly ...

Nine West have those over here in a dark tan brown. I keep picking them up whenever I see them, because I LOVE the heel which I think is somewhere between 4 1/4" and 4 1/2" high. They are a bit girlie for wearing in the street, so I won't buy a pair :smile: .... But you've great taste. :thumbsup:

What about covering them up with long jeans? If you just see the very front part and a tiny bit heel, I don't think that looks too girly ...

They'd make a great holiday shoe, but it doesn't look like I'll be getting one this year. :smile: The Euro is too strong, and we're moving sometime this summer. (Finally).

If I see some in a sale, I might buy them for next year. [i've no shame.] But I do REALLY like them. :thumbsup:

i like wedges, fukken like... never weared any but i think they must be a lot easer to walk long distances :thumbsup: would liek to buy some pair :smile:

every human has they own choices...