embarrassing situation

loveheel

Had a pretty darn embarrassing situation this week when shoe shopping. I went to an Aldo store to try on some HH boots and all they had was a size too small. But the sales guy (who is very nice) really wanted me to try them on. So after I got in them with much pushing, but could not close the zipper, the sales guy tried hard to pull it up with plyers. THe obvious result: He broke the zipper, and I could barely get the shoe off my foot. All in all, it made me feel like a dork with feet that are too big. Guess I won't show my head there in the near future.

Ouch!!! Sorry to hear that :( But next time you know better. Why not some time soon go back and ask the sales man if he has something in your size. If he say no then just say thank you and just walk away. If you think about it why is the guy selling shoes any way? Is it because he likes men's shoes allot? Hmmmmmmmm me no think so :lol:

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

• 1 month later...

Eek! Sounds like a very unpleasant experience! It's definitely best to stick only to shoes in your size. I've bought a few US size 10's (I'm an 11-11.5), which felt a bit tight in the store, but I bought them because I liked the look and figured I would get used to the tightness. One pair of Via Spiga's has worn in okay since they are leather in & out, but even they are not particularly comfortable to wear. Others I returned or gave away. I've learned my lesson and don't even consider a pair of boots if they don't have 11. I almost never go in Aldo stores because they never carry my size. They claim to have US 11, but it's really Euro 41, which is more like a US 10-10.5 (though I've tried on a pair of Italian 41 OTK boots that fit well---I think Italian boots run about a size larger than the rest of Europe). So, now I don't even try going in to Aldo stores! Jason

Don't worry about this misfortune. Primarly it was the fault of the selling guy. I'am sure, that you will be later convulsed with laughter every time when you remember this funny episode. I just imagine pictorial: You both in the store, both getting blushed while pulling at the boot :lol: And more and more customers in the shop staring at you curiously ... simply horrible :rofl: ! But still an earnest remark: I belong also to the big size wearers (EU 44/45 rsp. US 13). It's really annoying for me, to find a pair of nice boots that I like at once and then have to notice: Not available in my size! Meanwhile I have learned to renounce. Because in a long-term aspect it wouldn't be a fun for my feet an I like to celebrate this hobby still for a long time without foot problems :( micha

The best fashion is your own fashion!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Jrennie, I agree with your assessment of Aldo. When you ask for a size 11 they usually bring you a shoe that is marked 41. I guess most of their shoes are Brazilian or European made. They occasionally have a size 12. I noticed you are from Boston. The Aldo on Newbury street often has very helpful sales staff. It is frustrating to get these shoes that are really not correctly sized, but some of my boots that I like most come from Aldo. Once in a while you can get a treasure there. Where else do you go in Boston for size 11 ?