White Shoes

HappyFeat

Do you Wear White Shoes?  

104 members have voted

1. 1. Do you Wear White Shoes?

• Yes! I love white shoes and wear them anytime I want.
    • If the style is right I would wear them whenever I want.
    • I only wear white shoes during the summer months.
    • No! White shoes repulse me.

Last week while I was working, a young professional woman came into my office. She was wearing a very nice, tailored, navy pinstripe pantsuit with and a pair of very high, pointed toe white pumps. The pinstripes in her suit were wildly spaces and slightly off white. All I can say is the ensemble worked for me. After doing my usual once over of her shoes, trying t figure out the brand, etc. a thought came to y head. It was my grandmother telling me that white shoes were a faux pas "before Memorial Day (the end of May in the U.S.) and after Labor Day (the beginning of September in the U.S.)" Now I know this is an old discussion, widely debated in the fashion community, etc. But like all fashions it seems to come down to a matter of taste. Another thought was a couple of exes of mine would never under any circumstances wear white shoes. Again a mater of taste. So, I thought I would see what the forum's thoughts were on this topic. Please vote and post any thoughts!

Style is built from the ground up!

I only have one pair of white high heels, an older pair with open toes and ankle straps, that I mainly wear around the house. The more pictures I see of white high heeled pumps and people wearing them, the more inspired I am to acquire a pair and wear them publicly. As I said in a previous post, white seems to stand out and draw attention to the wearer. I picture myself in a white suit, black shirt and tie or black turtleneck, black stockings and a pair of white pumps with at least 5" stiletto heels. But that look might draw a little too much attention publicly. But then again, that's not necessarily a bad thing.

I only have one pair of white high heels, an older pair with open toes and ankle straps, that I mainly wear around the house. The more pictures I see of white high heeled pumps and people wearing them, the more inspired I am to acquire a pair and wear them publicly. As I said in a previous post, white seems to stand out and draw attention to the wearer. I picture myself in a white suit, black shirt and tie or black turtleneck, black stockings and a pair of white pumps with at least 5" stiletto heels. But that look might draw a little too much attention publicly. But then again, that's not necessarily a bad thing.

First of all, I applaud those who are publicly heeling. Keep it up!

White high heel pumps has been part of my favorite shoes to wear. Like most of you, I have kept them home for fear of being too conspicuous. Wearing the color of heels that matches or compliments our shirt, blazer, or trousers should be a given. If we are going to spend an evening of partying in a new year celebration, we should be able to consider silver colored shoes (heels or flats) to finish our look for the event. We wear or have worn white sports shoes. Why should our white heels make any difference? I know it's the social mindset, but we are already bucking the norm in our black, brown, or tan high heeled shoes and boots. What kind of a stretch is it to included the other colors in our dressing attire if it shows good coordination sense.

White shoes presents it's own challenges to the male wearer. For sure, they'll draw plenty of attention to your feet, whether the heels or low or high, so you have to make sure you wear an outfit that matches well with them and be prepared for the reactions you'll get. Only red stands out more than white. Second, they're a bitch and a half to keep clean, no matter what precaustions you take or how careful you are, you're going to get them smudged, scuffed or stained in one way or another. Peronally, I've never been much of a fan of white, if I were to venture out in a light colored shoe, I'd opt for bone or beige instead, but that's just my opinion.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

I may be a bit biased here due to geography.. but it's summer hot 9-10 months out of the year here in south Florida, so most people accept light colored clothing year round, including white shoes.

(formerly known as "JimC")

Unfortunatelly I don't have a pair of white shoes. I bought a pair of white ankle boots online that I had to return because didn't fit. But yes, I would wear a pair like the bootkings ones for sure. They are very beautiful. The world needs more colors. Everything is so black, white and the shades of grey between them. And I'm too tired of the "basic black" women say all the time around here in Brazil.

Flavio - Brazilian heel lover, now in France.

I saw a very nice pair of white wedges sandals when shopping around last time , summer time is comming and i though it was time to get a white pair . I think it's always good to have one , can be nice with a pair of jean and a white top . So let"s go for a white pair ! It is nice on tan legs too !

I do have a pair of white 5" patent courts which i wear with a little uniform my husband brought me

Hmmmm.. Is there a picture to go along with this comment? My imagination just went wild on me.

Bought these for my wife a few years back. Never worn them out. Probably go well with a pair of jeans.

I would agree. The blue gemstones adorning that shoe makes jeans a must.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

i love white pumps!! I wish more brands would be in white. Black seems to be the primary color with most pumps. They need more white pumps!! What people don't like about white pumps, and i guess i would have to agree, is that the dirt really shows!!!!! I love white patent leather pumps. I gotta find me another pair this coming weekend.

Last pair of white shoes that I have had, other than trainers, was a pair of soft-bottom "yacht-club white" clogs. I had them about 2 weeks before I realized that they looked best in the clothing-drive charity bin.

Just wanted to inform everybody, especially outside the US, that as of this moment it is officially safe t break out the white shoes...at least in my grandmother's mind...

Style is built from the ground up!

It depends upon your accessories and outfit. Personally, I would go for bright red as a contrast!

By the by, did you buy the black trenchcoat??????

It's all about the heel!

i have a couple already....one is like a dress that is cut-out like a trench coat..its black and reallllllly hot...a v-neck too. about the nail polish color..i like bright red...while i was in macys, one of the girls had a t-strap heel and it was black..her nailpolish was this extremly bright orange neon color.

This weekend I saw two beautiful pairs of white shoes. Earlier I saw a woman wearning a pair of white mary janes with peep toes and heels that had to be at least 3.5". Then today I saw a woman wearing pants and white pumps with pointed toes. I couldn't tell how high they were but they did have closed backs and stiletto heels.