nylons or no?

Mrandy123

i had my first outing in high heels the other day, and after plenty of advice, i choose to wear nylons with them even though i had also shaved my legs, because many said barefoot for my first time would cause blisters. I would like to eventually go without nylons and just go with the shaved leg look, but how much more expirience in heels do i need before im ready to do this?

Guest Loveshiheels

You could just wear your heels around the house with out nylons and see if get blisters on you feet. You done the hard part by going out already.

i had my first outing in high heels the other day, and after plenty of advice, i choose to wear nylons with them even though i had also shaved my legs, because many said barefoot for my first time would cause blisters. I would like to eventually go without nylons and just go with the shaved leg look, but how much more expirience in heels do i need before im ready to do this?

I don't cross dress, but I do wear panty hose (black or blue) or tights underneath my slacks. I do shave my legs as to not snag my panty hose or tights. I have worn my high heels barefooted before, but I did start to get blisters. So I mainly wear panty hose, tights, or even the shearest men's socks with my high heels.

i dont know maybe because ive only done it once, but i cant imagine going out with out completly dressing like a girl, putting the outfit together seems like half the fun, and if im going to go to all that trouble to shave my legs, i feel like i shouldnt always cover them up with nylons.

As my screen name says I don't go without nylons of some kind. They are more than just a cover as they can give subtle color to the legs, even out skin tone or even give your legs just a little shine if you get the right ones. They also ease the damage on your shoes as your heels can get blisters your shoes can get worn. I am sure the girls would have more to say but they don't seem to visit this corner of the site very often.

To each his/her own but I for one feel the image is much more complete weather you are male, female or somewhere inbetween.

T&H

"Look for the woman in the dress, if there is no dress there is no woman."-Coco Channel

I guess it would depend on the outfit. Though I don't crossdress often (maybe once or twice a year), I am friends with many crossdressers. To me nylons provide a very finished look and can bring an ensemble to life. Also, nylons are (usually) a must if you are in need of a shave. Nylons (or knee highs) are vital if you are breaking in new shoes. I have gone bare legged when it has been very cold, but usually go for the extra insulation nylons or tights provide. However, I would like to see more men go bare legged is wearing open toe shoes, strappy sandals or the like. (of course a pedicure is always nice, even without color) My thought is if your shoes don't give you blisters, strongly consider showing off those legs!

Style is built from the ground up!

I've got one pair of boots that will give me blisters every time. Luckily they're knee-highs and I wear ankle length skirts, so no bare skin to show... I cheat and wear socks! Other than that, I'll wear nylons if it's cool or I don't want people to look too hard at what I'm wearing (black opaques and black closed-toe shoes) or go barefoot if it's as hot as today. It ain't fashion, in general, it's comfort!

I've now left HHPlace. Feel free to use the means listed in my profile if you wish to contact me.

I really won't go barefoot in pumps or boots. Too hot and sweaty, plus blisters or raw spots will happen quickly. I always go with nylons, or at least thin nylon dress socks. Sandals though almost always bare.

I've got one pair of boots that will give me blisters every time. Luckily they're knee-highs and I wear ankle length skirts, so no bare skin to show... I cheat and wear socks!

In my opinion, wearing socks with boots is NOT cheating. In fact you probably should wear socks with boots. Also, again in my opinion, I prefer if there is any skin exposed at all above the boot, nylons or tights are a must. I usually only do boots in the fall and winter, so nylons are typically involved anyway and I put a pair of footie socks over my nylons.

Style is built from the ground up!

The shoes I have are very soft and never gave me blisters. I prefer to wear the thighest ones with nylons or male social socks and my 5 inch kneehighs with sports socks for better fitting and comfort. Not cheating at all, my wife does it everytime she's in boots.

Flavio - Brazilian heel lover, now in France.

I have walked around in my high heels, both in nylons and barefoot. I much prefer wearing nylons with my heels, as this makes me feel more feminine.

I agree, I think it makes the shoes more comfortable too.

I personaly have tried pantyhose and tights while wearing my heels and find them to be very comfortable. I have tried the heels barefoot and find them to be very uncomfortable and sweaty. I think mainly it is up to the individual on whether they want to wear nylons or not.

I wouldn't be caught dead wearing heels without hosiery, be it kneehighs, pantyhose or tights, the reasons for which others have already mentioned, prevention against sweating and blisters, besides, my legs just look better when sheathed by hosiery, even when I'm wearing pants.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Nylons / stockings / pantyhose are one of the great inventions. They are so comfortable, feel so silky and smooth, it almost makes one drool! Out of my entire footwear ensemble, there are maybe two pairs that I could wear without them, but I prefer the sensation with them.

Sure beats men's socks!!!!

It's all about the heel!

I'm also in agreement with all of you. I'd rather wear nylons with my heels, even though all those fashionistas say it's tacky. I feel much more like a girl with them on. BTW, all of my heels are open toe, which I truly love.

Black patent, open toed high heels are the best!

As much as I can I wear nylons, be it kneehighs or pantyhose they work for me. I can't wear them always but as much as possible. Corsets are also in my list of things I wear, for shaping and to contain my belly. The 2 go together hand and hand. Mtns of heels.

I always wear pantyhose. The nylons with garters are very sexy, but I don't like them as much. They are only for very special occasions.

Raise your voice. Put on some heels.

• 2 weeks later...

Most of the time, yes. But always thigh-highs and sometimes with garters. I never wear stockings and heels without shaving my legs well. I wish my skin wasn't so sensative to Nair, but alas... A pair of pumps I have, I can't wear stockings (because the back of the show keeps slipping off my heel as I walk), which is too bad, too. They're hot.

Walking in ultra-highs because it's exciting...and it is!!

• 2 months later...

Pantyhose : never, bare : approx half the time, stockings (hold-ups or suspended) the other half. I enjoy anklets etc and also the shine my bare legs get when I put a lot of time into daily grooming- hence I prefer to go bare a lot. I really prefer stockings for colour only and usually always go for a matte extremely sheer (7 to 10 denier max) lace top stocking. Given the fragile nature of these stockings I do go through quite a few pairs which is another stocking deterrent. Suspenders clasps also show through clothes as a bump, and you can end up flashing stocking tops depending on what you are wearing - this can create undue attention....unless you are feeling that way inclined! I also wear a lot of peep-toed heels with painted toe-nails and foot jewellery so I won't wear hosiery in these cases. Additionally hosiery with sling backs and d'orsays I find increases the liklihood of my heel lifting out of the shoe or the straps slipping all the time. I do a lot of walking and I want control of my heels, the last thing I want is to slip out of a shoe crossing a busy street. My shoes are just as comfy bare or in hosiery - it comes down to practicality and what colour I want my legs to be. Cheers Heel-Lover