Sky High Heels Collection U.K.

mskim61

I just picked up a a pair of thigh high boots from Ebay, black with red embroidary along the boot shafts, with 5" chrome heels. The seller said he purchased these in England for $250 and needed to sell them. He would offer no answers to my questions about manufacturer or material. The boots arrived yesterday with a Sky High Heels Collection label and a sticker on the sole All Manmade Materials, made in China Luckily I won these for an appropriate price. So do any of our English forumites have any experience with this company?. The boots are great but do noy seem tp warrant a $250 initial price.

I've bought from SkyHighShoes.

They sell Pleaser or Ellie [same company] shoes and boots. I would consider them a reputable company.

Possibly you are right that $250 was expensive, even for the UK where we seem to pay top money for everything. I got some Domina 2000 4.75" HH boots from SHS for about $40 which compares quite favourably with US prices. I could pay anything upto $120 for the same product here, if I shopped elsewhere.

As a general rule, ANY shoe or boot is less expensive in the US because retailers there have smaller margins.

As a further example of price benefits for US citizens ....

I recently found a Wrangler jean style that would fit my sense of style, and would be quite comfortable. I should add here, I've worn girls jeans most of my life, because of an anatomical disadvantage. [Me bits don't seem to be in the normal place for mens trousers...]

So, these jeans are a slightly stretchy girls cut, with straight leg, and come with loose fit. IIRC they might be called Aura? Anyway, in the UK I would be paying anything from $75~$86 plus carriage (@ $15) to get them delivered. [No local outlet.]

From a vendor in the US who ships to the UK, I can buy them for $35 and have them delivered for $30~$35 which even to my limited math ability, indicates a saving by shopping in the US?

I have bought from this guy from eBay in the UK and have not had any problems. Shipping is normally reasonable and his size "guesses" work out to be good. He has never replied to a question of mine, though, which is kind of annyoing I guess.

I've bought from SHH before and was happy with what I got. I think it was a pair of Pleasers, but it was a while ago. I didn't realise Pleaser and Ellie were the same company, but it's no real surprise as I love both brands. Between the two I have probably got about 65 of their shoes!! The prices in the UK are always a lot higher than in the US. Basic pole dance shoes normally cost about $30, but in the UK they cost £40, which is about $80. Just goes to show how much we pay over here I suppose. I quite often buy from America, and even including 'express' delivery (still 2 weeks minimum) they still work out cheaper than buying from the UK. Even bearing all that in mind, the SHH you got do sound expensive, but of course if you're happy with it and weren't ripped off then that's good.

I have bought from this guy from eBay in the UK and have not had any problems.

Shipping is normally reasonable and his size "guesses" work out to be good. He has never replied to a question of mine, though, which is kind of annyoing I guess.

I don't know this for fact, but I believe he assumes the next size up is required, and sends out the appropriate shoe or boot to suit. So, for me [size 8] he would advertise a size 8, and send a size 9, which for most would be a good fit as these shoes are not very wide. :D I've got slim feet, so a size 7 [or US10] fits me best. Hence my having to talk to them by phone.

If your question was sent by email, you'll now know why it wasn't answered. :wink:

I've bought from SHH before and was happy with what I got. I think it was a pair of Pleasers, but it was a while ago. I didn't realise Pleaser and Ellie were the same company, but it's no real surprise as I love both brands.

I was told, these shoes and boots are made inside one of 3 factories the company owns in China. Pleaser and Ellie are two of the brands made there.

The prices in the UK are always a lot higher than in the US. Basic pole dance shoes normally cost about $30, but in the UK they cost £40, which is about $80. Just goes to show how much we pay over here I suppose. I quite often buy from America, and even including 'express' delivery (still 2 weeks minimum) they still work out cheaper than buying from the UK.

For me, this is an unattractive fact of life. Politically, I don't agree with importing from abroad. I want to encourage commerce in the UK, not another country where the profits of my purchase support their economy, over the one where I live. Sadly, global shopping explains why 90% of goods historically made in the UK, are now made in China. Including shoes, of course.

As a retailer, it's a fight I can't win. In my own field, there is a seller abroad who can advertise products at a lower price here, than I can buy them. I simply can't compete. So I fully understand why UK retailers 'appear' to be so expensive.... :wink:

There are bargains to be had in the UK though. Took some doing, but I've recently bought a second pair of Domina 2000 boots from here in the UK for the price of the carriage costs of ordering from the US or China. :-? Now I have a pair I can wear outside if it ever stops raining. :o

And lastly ....

Between the two I have probably got about 65 of their shoes!!

That's impressive!! :cup::roll:

Guest Loveshiheels

I have now bought two pairs of heels from SHH. The first pair are Pleaser and the second pair are Highest heel collection. I also think that he may also sell Hollywood heels as well. I didn,t know he sold Ellie heels as well. I expect all these makes are made in the same factory anyway. I know that if you email him you won,t get an answer but if you ring him you will. I starting to think that if he finds a type heel that seems bigger then the size on the label he will put that heel in the next size up on his listing. I.E a size 12usa could be either a size 9 or 10 uk in his listings.

"The boots are great but do noy seem tp warrant a $250 initial price." I don't understand, you didn't have to buy them. The seller adopted the pragmatic attitude, "they're worth what somebody is WILLING to pay"

I think this was an auction from a private seller and the owner of the company was not involved. The seller listed the boots as purchased in England for $250 plus a substantial shipping fee. Included in the auction was a blurry(intential) photo of the sole that showed a sticker. I enquired as to the maker of the boots and what the sticker said. The answer I received is that he could provide no further information. At that point the red flags went up and I maintained a low bid. I did win the low bid and upon delivery found the Shy High Shoe label and the sticker stating made in China, all man made materials. Rather intersting that the seller could not read. Times are tight right now and I do not appreciate this type of misreprensentation. Luckily I did not fall for the scam and simply put it out there as Buyer Beware.