Anyone else have this problem?

NH Heels

I just spent 4 hours shopping while wearing my new 4 inch block heel boots. I made no attempt to hide the heels with my jeans and while I'm sure some people noticed, no one made any comments. I looked good and felt good, but the problem is that I was still just a little too nervous to really enjoy myself. Anyone else have this problem?

You'll get more confident. After a few dozen times you'll even forget that you are wearing them. Sure, some people notice, but why would you care? They don't care either. Way too busy choosing the christmas present wrapping paper. Bert

What's all the fuss about?

Well, perhaps they noticed, perhaps they didn't. I've noticed that most people don't look much beyond the end of their noses. I spent part of Saturday night playing around in a pair of 4" thin heel boots in a busy city centre pub. No-one apart from the few people around me seemed to notice anything at all. Of course, I'm saying this, I don't wear heels in my home town, as I wonder about possible reactions that'd affect my family. But when I'm away, I'm there! And at Christmas, you can go anywhere, buy anything, and do whatever you like in shops. Everyone else will either assume you're being marvellously creative with Christmas presents or won't notice as they're too busy shopping for Auntie Nellie. Go for it. Run free (well, after some practice, it isn't as easy as some people make it look :lol: )

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Yes! I remember four years ago when I was just realizing that I could acutally *buy* the women's boots I had been lusting over for years. My first sights were set on Payless, since they were cheap (I was a college student then) and you didn't have to ask a salesperson to try them on. I would scout out the size 11 aisle, wait until no one else was there and then quickly try on a pair. I remember one of the first time buying boots from Payless I was super nervous---I must have been blushing and my clothes were a bit wet from all the sweat I generated! Now I just look back and laugh!

Though I can't say I'm 100% comfortable trying on and buying women's boots. Sunday my wife took me boot shopping at DSW (http://www.dswshoe.com/). I was totally comfortable and must have tried on 20 different pairs of boots. When I go alone I sometimes get a bit nervous and either try to stick to areas that I can't be seen or leave the store prematurely. Going with someone else helps a lot; when I'm talking to another person, I don't think about what other people might be thinking about me.

Jason

You'll get more confident. After a few dozen times you'll even forget that you are wearing them.

Sure, some people notice, but why would you care? They don't care either. Way too busy choosing the christmas present wrapping paper.

Bert

:( I agree with Bert: first time is horrible...second time not so horrible and later...you can try any open sandals or heeled sandals and nobody will notice it...just have the guts.... :lol:

Sorry, I don't agree with all of you. Nothing could be so awfully exciting like your first walk on high heels in a shopping mall. Your coming out. I won't miss this experience forever! Now it's often my daily footwear but I cannot forget the kick of my very first performance in publicity :lol: micha

The best fashion is your own fashion!

I agree with you entirely, Micha. This is one reason why I wouldn't really want high heels to become my normal, everyday footwear. I still find it quite exciting and fun just to wear heels in public once in a while.

Also, as far as I'm concerned, the more people that notice I'm wearing heels, the better. I would be disappointed if nobody did.

Anyway, I hope you all continue to enjoy your heel wearing experiences.

Stephen

Yep! Exactly, Stephen, that's what I tried to express. I would be really disappointed, if no one took notice of my high heels. And that's the reason, why I never tried to hide them under extreme long trousers. With ONE exception: Wearing platform boots with girlie-type low rise flared jeans. Because these pants are designed, to wipe the street ... :lol: CU micha

The best fashion is your own fashion!