Who is Your Favourite Shoe Designer?

Stockw

I would have to say Louboutin. The only problem is that they don't have boots in my size. If I have to chose the designer that makes my size I would say Stuart Weitzman. I have never worn Gianmarco Lorenzi although they look really good (and expensive). For the affordability I would go with Nine West (they make a lot of different styles).

• 3 weeks later...

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm probably haven't seen the works many excellent top designers, but so far i tend to like: Ash, Ann Demeulemeester, Frye, Born, Tommy Hilfiger, Rick Owens, and Converse.

I'd also add Tory Burch to my favorites list.

Happy Heeling

k6ps

• 4 weeks later...

My favourite based soley in look has to be louboutin. But, as I need at least a size 42 (UK 9) I don't think I will ever own a pair.

I still don't know much about Louboutin, but just noticed that at least this site --> http://www.neimanmarcus.com has some very nice Louboutin's high-heeled shoes available up to US size 12, which should be enough for you. So, never say never :cry1:

Happy Heeling

k6ps

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I guess Louboutin has to get my vote. Closely followed by Zanotti and YSL. I do quite like some of the Miu Miu designs as they go quite well with some of the more vintage looks I opt for. Gucci are great for comfort, though their designs can be a bit dull unless you catch a gem in the cruise collection or something. Sometimes Fendi have some eye-catchers too that make a trip to Selfridges dangerous :cry1:

• 1 month later...

I'm probably haven't seen the works many excellent top designers, but so far i tend to like: Ash, Ann Demeulemeester, Frye, Born, Tommy Hilfiger, Rick Owens, and Converse.

My revised top 10 shoe designers/brands list, somewhat in an order of priority:

Jeffrey Campbell

Opening Ceremony

Rick Owens

Tommy Hilfiger

Ash

Ann Demeulemeester

Converse

Tory Burch

Frye

Born

Sorry, Louboutin didn't quite make it into top 10 this time :blinkbigeyes:

Happy Heeling

k6ps

Hi, I'm new here and love finding out about designer heels especially since I don't have a huge selection where I live and have to rely more or less on ebay (thank God for ebay!) or visits to NYC (a few hrs away by train).

So far, I like:

Lorenzi--the quality of leather is superb and the styling truly exquisite. They are genuine works of art: who else knows how to add crystals and studs while keeping it all tasteful? I've always wanted to get the black knee-hi boots with the Gothic crosses on the heels. (I'm curious tho': has anyone been able to find Lorenzi shoes and boots outside of ebay? Is this where they are sold exclusively?)

Loriblu--very nicely designed; although I prefer Lorenzi's nappas. However, the patent leather is soft and wonderful, not plasticy like (Still trying to figure out what to wear my red patent boots with...)

Ralph Lauren Collection--this is their couture line and is simply elegant. I've bought tons on ebay brand new for a fraction of their price and am quite happy:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320468302169&var=510000859002&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=310193128795&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT (This one had been reduced a further $40 and I grabbed them before the return to the regular price.)

Let's hope they look as good...

Le Silla has great designs; haven't bought them in quite a while--probably because I've discovered these others.

I would love to try Louboutin and Blahnik one day.

(I'm curious tho': has anyone been able to find Lorenzi shoes and boots outside of ebay? Is this where they are sold exclusively?)

I saw recently some Lorenzi shoes at

www.yoox.com

www.biondiniparis.com

www.luisaviaroma.com

But very few pairs and really expensive ! eBay remains the main source for affordable Lorenzi shoes. You can also have a look at my store... I use to add one or two Lorenzi pairs sometimes :blinkbigeyes:

• 3 weeks later...

There are many designers, aside from the classics -Choo, Louboutin, Zanotti & Blahnik- for this summer collection I'll go for

Mario Bologna, Le Silla, Rene Caovilla & Diego Dolcini.

In my country I'm always looking at

Paruolo, Saverio di Ricci and Lonte. It's a pitty though that the last one has relied on a new generation designer; their styles were much nicer years ago.

Sites are

www.paruolo.com.ar

www.saveriodiricci.com

www.lontexxi.com

In my opinion most of the so called 'haute couture' designer shoes are a con.

Many are hideous and they are all vastly over-priced, so in a lot of cases, money triumphs over common sense when buying these things. Christian Louboutin is one of the worst offenders - if I wanted to walk down the street with brightly coloured bricks on my feet - I would go to the local Builder's Merchants' for them - and a can of paint. As for Jimmy Choo - well - he obviously believes that women have cocktail sticks on the ends of their feet, not toes.

For my money - one of the most talented and stylish Designers out there is Erika Hosoiri at 'Brazilian Orchid'. All her shoes are Hand Made, beautifully styled and beautifully crafted. They come in a range of materials and colours to satisfy the most demanding of palates - and the prices will suit most pockets.

www.brazilianorchid.com.br

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

Many are hideous and they are all vastly over-priced, so in a lot of cases, money triumphs over common sense when buying these things.

You are quite right here, pussyinboots.

Just look a these strange things; I wouldn't even ask for the price.

Posted Image

Posted Image

A side the fact that they are unusable... some are awfully disgusting.

In my opinion most of the so called 'haute couture' designer shoes are a con.

Many are hideous and they are all vastly over-priced, so in a lot of cases, money triumphs over common sense when buying these things. Christian Louboutin is one of the worst offenders - if I wanted to walk down the street with brightly coloured bricks on my feet - I would go to the local Builder's Merchants' for them - and a can of paint. As for Jimmy Choo - well - he obviously believes that women have cocktail sticks on the ends of their feet, not toes.

In my opinion you don't really know what you're talking about.

I love designer heels, but I have to agree with pussyinboots to some extent, because there are some that are just downright hideous--like the ones recently posted by Majo. I also catch myself wondering, "OK, are those sandals with simple strips of leather really worth $1100?" Maybe it's just me being a relatively impoverished academic but I cannot see myself spending more than $200 for a pair of sandals. (They'd have to be REAL special for that price!)

In my opinion you don't really know what you're talking about.

I really don't care.

Have you bought or worn any of these designers shoes yourself?

I have bought, or had bought for me, shoes by Louboutin, Jimmy Choo, Prada, Chanel and Gianmarco Lorenzi. Not only were the Louboutin's far more uncomfortable than other, less expensive designs and makes that I have worn - they were also ugly - and did not make me feel sexy wearing them - which is one of the primary aims of high heels.

However, the Lorenzi's were beautiful - and I would happily wear Prada or Chanel again - but NOT Louboutin's or Jimmy Choo's.

I have also owned Manolo Blahnik's - which broke within 4 weeks of purchase as the vamp was clear plastic (like stripper heels) - and it split. Not what one expects from a $900.00 pair of shoes.

Broken, unwearable shoes - are broken, unwearable shoes - whether they cost $90.00 or $900.00! Hence my comment that many 'haute couture' heels are over-rated and overpriced.

In addition - one of my best friends is a shoe retailer - and she has shown me the Wholesale price of these shoes compared to the Retail Prices we pay in the shops. The mark up is well over 500% and the manufacturing processes are not too much different from mass produced shoes.

Other Members here have already agreed with me on varying points - and I think you missed the 'tongue in cheek' aspect of my post in any case.

However - please - if I don't know what I'm talking about, then I would welcome hearing your own informed experiences with expensive designer label shoes.

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

I have also owned Manolo Blahnik's - which broke within 4 weeks of purchase as the vamp was clear plastic (like stripper heels) - and it split. Not what one expects from a $900.00 pair of shoes.

Broken, unwearable shoes - are broken, unwearable shoes - whether they cost $90.00 or $900.00! Hence my comment that many 'haute couture' heels are over-rated and overpriced.

If there's anything that annoys me, it's poorly made shoes--especially when those that cost a pretty penny! After all, the whole point of getting decent, supposedly well-made shoes (like a decent car) is to have them last for some time with minimal repairs. I had two pairs of sandals by Stuart Weitzman that broke in exactly the same place after wearing them for a summer: and they broke AGAIN soon after I got them repaired. (Thank God I bought them on Ebay for much less than retail price or I would be feeling ripped off.) Maybe that particular style was bad, but that's probably the last time I will buy Weitzman.

Same thing happened with a pair of Kenneth Coles: the strap also broke after a summer's use.

In contrast, I have a pair of Cole Haans with skinny straps that have lasted me at least 3 summers of almost daily wear.

I personally have not had problems with my more expensive shoes and boots like the Lorenzis and RLs (especially some of the latter which I wear almost daily). I guess this is what truly fine craftsmanship is all about.

If there's anything that annoys me, it's poorly made shoes--especially when those that cost a pretty penny! After all, the whole point of getting decent, supposedly well-made shoes (like a decent car) is to have them last for some time with minimal repairs. I had two pairs of sandals by Stuart Weitzman that broke in exactly the same place after wearing them for a summer: and they broke AGAIN soon after I got them repaired. (Thank God I bought them on Ebay for much less than retail price or I would be feeling ripped off.) Maybe that particular style was bad, but that's probably the last time I will buy Weitzman.

Same thing happened with a pair of Kenneth Coles: the strap also broke after a summer's use.

In contrast, I have a pair of Cole Haans with skinny straps that have lasted me at least 3 summers of almost daily wear.

I personally have not had problems with my more expensive shoes and boots like the Lorenzis and RLs (especially some of the latter which I wear almost daily). I guess this is what truly fine craftsmanship is all about.

I couldn't agree more. You really do not expect high price, quality items to break.

Marco Lorenzi shoes are simply divine - and beautifully made too. Chanel and Prada also make gorgeous shoes - I guess I just had bad luck with the Blahnik's, although I CAN get them repaired by the maker (second hand shoes or not), under the 'Lifetime Wear' Guarantee.

It reminds me of the old story about 'Rolls Royce' never admitting to their cars breaking down. Even if they did have to repair them, they conveniently had no knowledge of it!

http://www.snopes.com/autos/dream/rolls.asp

Well we all have opinions and mine is swayed by pussyinboots for this one. But i do love designers for there innovative styles which nearly always end up as a similar style on the high street,although i cant see the designs pictured by majo will get there,call me a skeptic if you wish! I would still love to try them out though just for the novelty!

I just love those suede heels!!!!!

Getting back to what the thread started as.... My favorite designer is Rick Owens, just a pitty his shoes are not available in South Africa. I love his block heels and would love to wear a pair myself. On the same Point I do agee with pussyinboots, designer labels are overated due to the name linked to it. It's nothing more special than everyday items and most of them are made in exactly the same factory.

Why tiptoe through life only to arive safely at death?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I used to crave the big brands that you see Hollywood stars wear. Brands like Jimmy Choos, DKNY, Prada, Gucci but now as I am no longer a teenager, I find I like practical over big name brand. Miss Sixty, Jessica Simpson, Chinese Laundry, Anne Klein, Gabriella Rocha, Ecco are now finding their way into my wardrobe a lot more then the pricier more glamorous brands. Is this happening to anyone else as well?

For those with large feet, the high fashion shoes were never in the running. The less expensive brands like Pleaser, Ellie, some Gabriella Rocha, Payless, etc. make more 12s and above.

• 4 weeks later...