JP Gaultier fashion for men

Van

I don't know. Society might be more likely to accept these styles for men than seeing a man dressed as a man wearing higher heels. This style isn't for me, however.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I think he's lost it! He was always very innovative and pioneered skirts for men with his mini-kilt without which 21st Century Kilts wouldn't have even been thought of. But quite frankly, the skirts over trousers idea is old hat. Even topman were selling skirts a couple of years back... Flipflops: old idea even the resurgence is a couple of seasons gone... Apart from the hels in pictures 2 & 6 there was nothing there to excite me at all!

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

I agree. JPG can usually be relied on to be provocative, and perhaps someone will take an element of this and build upon it, but IMHO this is neither one thing nor the other and I think it looks daft as it is.

Overall a pretty awful outfit in my opinion. The skirt might not look so bad if it was black. The tie, however, is unforgivable. Ties are rather pointless items anyway, but without a shirt they look even more ridiculous than they usually do. Thats what I think anyway. Nothing much wrong with the trousers and the boots though.

I think that Jean Paul is always pushing the envelop and encouraging men to explore different approaches to fashion. I appreciate his use of heels on his male models, including his collection of a couple of years ago where the guys wore leopard print boots with tall black heels. I'm not going to show up at the office tomorrow in a vest and tie sans shirt, but some guys can pull that off, and more power to them!

For me, 6 and less so 2 work okay. Yes, they're odd, but isn't that what catwalk fashion is all about? Must admit, for 6, I might do something similar for a party or something. But I don't think I'd include the white skirt. Nice boots, tho'.

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

I think its awesome that JP Gaultier, a leading name in the fashion industry is out there "pushing the envelope" on socieity's standards for culturally acceptable fashion taste. It's almost as if we male high heel lovers have our own personal spokesperson working for us. I'm glad he has men in heels, and men in skirts!

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

Now if we could get Donna Karan to bring back her men's bodysuit (which bombed back in the early 90's)...:(

BTW http://www.bodysuits.com has been selling a nylon/lycra t-shirt style bodysuit for men for the past 6 months or so. :lol:

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

The heels are ok but coupled with the rest of the outfits I don't like. I would have preffered the emphasis of the design to be on the heels with more classic male clothes. I suppose because I feel that would have been more likely to get acceptance from the public at large. However thats not what fashion design is about, at least not at the shows they have always been at the more extreme end of things with fashions toning down for the high street. So lets hope it starts a fashion for heels. Although overall the look dosn't appeal I'm glad that he has challenged convention the way he has.

Hi there I guess I agree with everyone else. Bits and pieces look good but the whole thing looks confused. Looks like he raided his girlfriends closet for halloween. Mind you I like the skirt and shoes/boots but with that top and pants. Here I am a fashion critric my ex would have a heart attack if she knew!! -- Brandy

What the F@#$!!!! :lol: No way in heck you catch me in that out fit!!

Does not seam to be happy to be wearing it.

Posted Image

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

Lots of conservative people on this board. If you want the others to accept your choice for heels, be prepared to have an open mind to whatever their choice is. Freestylers will rule sooner or later (I hope).

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Laurence

What is put on the runway is way to extreme for the general public. What I saw was what the first thing that came across my mind. Call me conservative "just a little" But that is not my Freestyle. The boot and pants are fine, but the shirt/skirt combo eaaaaaaaah. Personally I would like some thing done with chunky, semi chunky heels introduced to the public first. I see the majority of people accepting men in chunky heels then stilettos first. My feeling in introducing skirts to men is to keep them long.

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

Okay, go back and look at those pictures again. There are seven pics, 3 with the skirt pants combo. Out of the seven pic's five have sandal's the remaining two with shoes are heels, the heels are stellitos. Okay, were fashion critic's but at least he's trying, actually I'd wear the skirts if they were for sale. They seem to be black, tan and white. -- Brandy

I took this question to Chris Atrium and ask their opinion. This is a board for men who like to wear skirts as men.

http://www.cgrevstad.com/cgi-bin/atrium.pl?#30380

The opinions are varied but universial thumbs down on the pants. I suspect the reason for the pants, to kinda still suggest it's a male thing.

A kilt is not worn with pants. (period). The kilt/skirts would probably look good with tradition tights/pantyhose but that is to radical for JPG to suggest hence the pants.

-- Brandy

How many post do I need to get rid of those loafers?

I agree with you Brandy, With his thongs, open shirt and capri pants, he looks like coolie that can be encounter in any Asian port pushing a wheelbarrow or pulling a cart. Never thought them to be at the avant-guarde of fashion He seems to be wearing some short of cut-foot pantyhose. I don't see the use . Vanessa

UTILITY??!! This is a board devoted to wearing high heels and you grouse about Gaulthier's offbeat fashions as lacking UTILITY?? :drinking: :lol: The whole point of fashion, especially women's fashion, is to go beyond utility. Otherwise we all would still be wearing buckskins and moccassins!

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

You're right Azraelle, Gaulthier should not be studied in an utilitarian perspective, still from a purely esthetic perspective I'm still not convinced by the cut off pantyhose and thongs. I'm not Gaulthier but i feel i have better dressing sense (and so do you ...) Cheers Vanessa

Hmmmm! :lol: I guess I must have missed something! All this while I thought this board was a place where anyone could freely express an opinion. And, my post expresses mine. If I failed to make myself clear.......I don't like the look and I wouldn't wear it. Now, if you like that look and want to wear it, knock yourself out! I don't care. However, like I said -- I don't like it --- And, Azrealle, that's my opinion. :(

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.