Walking downhill...

foxylady

I had a look around on the forum to find an answer on how to walk downhill. I remember there was a thread about walking the stairs, but couldn't find anything about walking downhill. So I hope to get some good tips on how to walk easely downhill in HH. I moved to a house who is situated on a small but steep hill and to get to the sidewalk I have to walk downhill for about ten meters, but quite steep. The walking on flat surfaces and going up and down stairs is as natural now to me as walking in my trainers, but I have it very difficult to climb down the hill. Hope to get some good advice and tricks FL

FoxyLady

well for me, since I do not drive a car, I really cant walk down the number of hills in any of my heels, I tried before & almost fell, & almost broke my ankle:sad: so I always need a lift down to the bus stop if I'm going out in heels.(otherwise I'll simply wear them around the house)

It's flats, stocking, hosiery, or barefeet with high heels in hand until you reach the relatively level area or walk down backwards on the slope. Of course, you could slide down on your bum or learn how to tumble acrobatically in heels. This sounds kind of fun or at least challenging.

Bend the knees a little, lean back and take it easy. You want to shift your center of gravity from where the heels pushing you forward back. The hard part is watching out for sand, unless you got some kind of treading on the shoes you can skid or slip.

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

its not very safe (as I just stated in another post in here just now) to even TRY to walk down hills in heels (or up) the fact remains that these kinds of footwear were NEVER really made for that-thats why youll find that flat boots (or shoes) are MUCH better suited for that:penitent:

Wear your bicycle helmet, and start rolling.. yes sideways ofcourse, when you slow down, just get up and dust your clothes and carry on like usual.

"Even when I'm a mess, I put on a vest... with an S on my chest, oh yes.. I'm a Superwoman.. "

Depends how high your heels are. If you have enough foot flex left you should be ok, but should the combined steepness of the hill and your heel be too much for your ankle flexibility then the only thing you can do is bend you knees and sort of sit back, or squat a bit as you walk downhill. I wouldn't go on a diagonal as this increases the tendancy to roll your ankles - and in a decent pair of heels on a steep slope is asking for trouble. Go straight up - or down the fall-line and bend at your knees to compensate when going downhill with your eight evenly on heels and toes, but keep all your weight on your toes when going uphill. Hope this helps. Heel-Lover

I agree with Hoverfly, bend your knees slightly and sit back a little. We have a steep slope from the office down to the car park and it's the best way I have discovered to get to the car, save for a 10 minute diversion walking round the site. Ian

its not very safe (as I just stated in another post in here just now) to even TRY to walk down hills in heels (or up) the fact remains that these kinds of footwear were NEVER really made for that-thats why youll find that flat boots (or shoes) are MUCH better suited for that:penitent:

Actually going up hill in heels make it a bit easer for you, your all ready leaning forward when on flat ground in heels.........

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

If your going to insist on going down slopes to steep for your heels to negotiate, learn how to fall gracefully or get someone for some physical support. You could even take up the sport of rappelling. Just make sure your rope is secured properly. That sounds like a fun outing for high heelers. It could even get some notoriety. HUM!

The obvious answer is to go down backwards!.......same as walking on the level. TA_DA

With a nice moonwalking sort of action while listening to music so it just looks like you're really enjoying your walk home after a great day :roll:

Knee pads and gloves. Hands and knees. Thats my answer and I'm sticking to it!

Looks somewhat rediculous, don't you think johnieheel..... Nice pair of heels with knee pads, elbow pads and gloves, byciclehelmet..... No thank you, LoL

FL

FoxyLady

Looks somewhat rediculous, don't you think johnieheel..... Nice pair of heels with knee pads, elbow pads and gloves, byciclehelmet..... No thank you, LoL

FL

OK, Walk around the hill if possible.

Now are talking stilettos, block, stacked and just how tall of a heel are we talking? I think stacked or block 3-4" wouldn't be to much of a problem.

real men wear heels

OK, Walk around the hill if possible.

Now are talking stilettos, block, stacked and just how tall of a heel are we talking? I think stacked or block 3-4" wouldn't be to much of a problem.

Hello johnieheel,

As you said the block heelis not a problem and a small heel neither, I talk of a heel somewhat 3" and higher... that's the problem.

Walking round the hill is not possible, my house is build on it and the frnt door has a small three steps and I'mstraight on the hill. Not very easy,walking round it.

I think I'm better of to take it easy and try over and over again, start low and gradually come higher.... It's a bit the same as learning to walk up and down the stairs I reconn....

FL

FoxyLady

Hello johnieheel,

As you said the block heelis not a problem and a small heel neither, I talk of a heel somewhat 3" and higher... that's the problem.

Walking round the hill is not possible, my house is build on it and the frnt door has a small three steps and I'mstraight on the hill. Not very easy,walking round it.

I think I'm better of to take it easy and try over and over again, start low and gradually come higher.... It's a bit the same as learning to walk up and down the stairs I reconn....

FL

How about building steps along side of the hill?

real men wear heels