Shoe shopping ....... wearing .....

fastfreddy2

I haven't mentioned it much, but I'm producing something of a shoe collection. Most are cheap (ish) ankle boots, some not so cheap. My wife and girl-friends think I'm out of control, and I suppose I may well be. No-one but me knows just have many pairs I've bought. I even have 5 pairs of boots and some HH clogs waiting in America for a 'ship-to' address in the UK.

Some of my current wardrobe must go due to poor fit. I'm going to put some up for sale here, 7 days before they hit eBay. Members (if interested) get first dibs. Any I can't sell, will be kept. None of them are worth so little, I would throw them away.

For example, I have bought a pair of Kate Moss/Top Shop boots [sRP £90/£95] in size 8. While sold out in the UK, they are identical to the Buffalo boots on sale at €140/£130 in Germany. I love <to look at> them, but the toebox is too wide for my slim feet, and the shaft too wide for my (very) skinny legs. Odd since her legs are half the size of mine. :cup:

I've at least 4 styles, I've acquired multiple pairs. If they 'work' for me, I don't want to find myself losing access to a style I've just plain worn out. :o

I think this situation may be a 'pendulum swing' response to years of not wearing heels.

Last Saturday evening I saw a girl wearing some patent courts. I got a mates wife to ask where she got them (suggesting they might look nice on my wife.) ASDA, £12. I bought a size UK7/EU41 this afternoon, it was the largest size they had. They were too small, so I returned them to another store, hoping to get a UK8. No joy, as the one pair there have a deep gouge in the toe.

These circumstances are not so unusual. Several here have shoe collections in treble numbers. [100+] I'm way off that. [Though by July .... :silly: ]

The reason I mention this at all, is the circumstances of my returning a pair of courts I may never wear outside. [i have no reason to own ANY shoe unless it gets worn outside.]

I left the house wearing my 4" wedges. I travelled to ASDA wearing them. I walked around the shop, past perhaps 20 staff. [Mostly shopping by the looks. :wink:] Again, wearing my girly ankle boots.

I consulted the 'George' helpdesk for some time, over the merits of the gouge, and the potential £1-20 discount if I bought the damaged shoes. I walked the length of the 10 tills past several chatting staff, to get to the Customer Service/Refund Desk. I drew attention to myself to get the attention of the over-helpful assistant there. [she was so busy with customer No.1, she missed customer No.2 and myself.]

I'd walked past at least 15 shoppers, of various ages and sexes. The place was far from busy, no-one could be lost in a crowd....

I didn't see one person notice my heels, nor how I was walking. I certainly wasn't invisible either.

Why have I mentioned this?

I've read possibly 5 posts tonight from people who just would not leave their homes in heels. Mindful I've gone from 20 yards in the street at 2am, to shopping in ASDA at 9pm wearing heels, in only 4 months ...... I'm growing to realise, the thing stopping me wearing heels almost anywhere, is me.

I'm aware that some countries still have citizens who would happily strung up male HH wearers. I'm also aware that in the UK for example, a 'concealed carry' weapon isn't possible, so your "wits" are going to be your only defence tool in some circumstances.

But for your own peace of mind, if you want to wear high heels, get some discreet heels and wear them out! Night-time is fine. Go alone or with a friend/spouse, but do it. Believe me, the Shoe-Police just don't exist. :-? And the exhilaration of wearing heels in public takes some beating.

Having read Bubba's footnote on another thread ["I've been wearing HH outside for forty years..."] brought home to me, what I've been missing.

I'm currently over-compensating, and I'll find my 'level' quite soon I think. But at least I'm rolling, as it were.

Any of you shyer types, please feel free to join in the lifestyle. :roll: The water just doesn't seem to be that cold? :D Perhaps save yourself the cost of trying to make up the lost (footwear) opportunities, missed over years of self-imposed abstinance. Certainly I'll admit I should have done this 20/25 years ago when I first owned high heeled shoes. It's just so enjoyable. :wink:

Your story is similar to mine, although I started my journey about 1½ earlier. Back then I owned three pair of pumps since like 1996 but NEVER wore them outside my home except one single winter night in a blizzard. But then I found this place, got me some more shoes and went to the meet in Amsterdam. The first couple of months I wore wide pants hiding the heel as much as I could. Now I sometimes wear them in full display with skinny jeans. Now my collection has passed 40 pairs, where I actually wears most of them. SOme of them only at fetish parties though.

Soooo true. However, I can be very convincing at times!

:o:-? <lol>

Yes, we definitely can be our biggest problem.

I'm not advocating the use of 6" Patent/PVC thighboots to go shopping in, but certainly wearing heels is possible by us all. :roll:

I have previously bought myself shoes in ASDA, but generally find they run a little small. It's the norm for me to do the supermarket in heels, but I don't tend to wear stilettos because i'm usually the one whose trolley has a dicky wheel, and I find a chukier heel stays put easier when fighting the errant trolley around corners and obstacles. As a side note, my heels have been noticed many times, yet to date, no one has openly commented and reaction is like seeing anyone wearing a style or colour that is different, or just missplaced, i.e. tux with yellow and red bowtie buying groceries at market. Have just remembered some ASDA ankle boots, size 8, 100cm thin heel, pu construction. Good fit, heel tip[plastic] survived over 6 months wear including weekly shopping, and although past thier prime, still are serviceable. Cost fifteen pounds or $38 us.

totter along into history

But for your own peace of mind, if you want to wear high heels, get some discreet heels and wear them out! Night-time is fine.

I think this is the key. And now I think I'm starting that direction.

You're living in arguably the worlds most stylish shoe-making country. How have you stopped yourself? :o

Great shoe-makers, but with so closed minds :roll:

BTW, I try to explain: I think the key is start with discrete heels, and when you are more confident, when you are used to wear it "everyday", among other people, then make a "quantum leap" (!) to more stylish heels will be more easy (sorry 4 my english)

Great shoe-makers, but with so closed minds :roll:

BTW, I try to explain: I think the key is start with discrete heels, and when you are more confident, when you are used to wear it "everyday", among other people, then make a "quantum leap" (!) to more stylish heels will be more easy (sorry 4 my english)

Your English is fine. :o

I think you have it right. Not sure about "quantum leaps" though. :-? I like to push (my) boundaries, but even I doubt there will be many opportunities for me to wear 5" heels publically, unless I'm in a club somewhere.

Well soulmate and I do 5" heels whenever wherever. In the restaurant tonite I was showing them to the world at large (snakeskin peeptoe from River Island), and so what !! Done with co-ordinated outfit, not just straight plus heels. What size r those ure getting rid of.. i do size 40... i'm local 2 u anyway...

When I first started wearing high heels in public it was at night in "dark" places where one would almost have to pull my pant legs up to see the high heels I was wearing. Now most of the time I wear high heels in public during the daytime and a blind man can see I'm wearing high heels. The exileration from wearing them in public never ends...no matter how long you have been doing it. As I have said before, use common sense and discretion.:roll:

But for your own peace of mind, if you want to wear high heels, get some discreet heels and wear them out! Night-time is fine.

See image below for my version of "discreet". Under a pair of faded jeans I'd say: not bad at all.

Not wanting to wait for night-time I just plunged in at the deep end. Bringing my three-year old to day-care I think I say two eyeballs popping out. Or parhaps it was just a look of curiosity... I'm not sure, but since I know the owner/manager quite well I expect some feedback from her in the coming days. :roll:

Let's see how the rest of the day will unfold itself. Film at 11!

post-11084-133522857328_thumb.jpg

Looking at the picture, I can't imagin wearing a pair of less feminine looking boots out and about in public. If your daycare manager friend is inquisitive, never fear because I'm sure you'll answer her question without embarrassment and to her satisfaction.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.