are 70's shoes vintage?

t-strap lover

If heels from the 70's are considered vintage then I own about 9 pairs of strappy highheel sandals with 3" and 4" heels. They are leather and in very good condition. 3 pairs size 5 and 6 pairs in size 10. I keep them in boxs for longer life.

t-straps are my favorite style.

They consider shoes from the 90s vintage... it seems anything more than about 3 years old is at least "retro" if not "vintage"...

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

if clothing from the 70s is vintage, then what does that make an active crossdresser from the late 50s? dead? jeez!

society has decided that men will be confined to

certain items of clothing, and certain modes of

presentation.

until we rebel PERSONALLY against this, we are diminished!

Interesting how Footwear and Appearal can become either "Retro" or "Vintage" and keep coming and coming back, while Autos/Cars are "Classic" at 20 and then "Antique" at 25. Except for a recent handful, many have Never returned while at same time several "Antiques" have become "TRUE Classics". On another note answering a bit of Johnieheel's ComiQuestion... Those of us from Late 50's will still be surely called "OLD FARTS" amunkst(?) other things. ~~ Li'l added "Food For Thought"... a t-shirt gift from my 50th proudly stated "I'M NOT 50, I'M ONLY $49.95 (+ TAX)" 8-D

Boots Rock!!!!

They consider shoes from the 90s vintage... it seems anything more than about 3 years old is at least "retro" if not "vintage"...

GOOD GRIEF! I just realized that I have a pair of shoes under my bed that I got re-soled & heeled back in '91 - they were about 15 years old then! :smile:

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

• 3 months later...

Since Mickey can't wear heels anymore because of her physical conditions, we have been gathering up and inspecting her collection of high heeled shoes and boots. She has many new pairs in the boxes that she has never had on her feet only to try on for size when new. Many of them are from the 70's and 80's and the local resale shop wants them for resale. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

R1g0r:-) Take heart, my friend. I have been a crossdresser much longer than you, ( about 62 years now), and I sure ain't dead yet, and I hope to crossdress for a lot longer. I just don't give up on anything so easily. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...

70s shoes are the coolest. I have 2 pairs of plat shoes. And 2 plat boots. I admire anyone who can dress totally vintage from this amazing time of fashion. Wouldn't is he cool to go into any department store and buy platforms and bells. Keeping it real!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Have not noticed any 70's shoes back in fashion but I'am thinking block heels are coming back. Just been looking at a pair of mary jane shoes from Dune that I might order they say 70's style, well I love em. Do have some wedge sandals in blue and brown from the 70's brought from Freeman Hardy and Willis, now theres a great name for footware. No tell a lie one pair came from Curtiss in Portsmouth about 1974. Have to dig them out have not worn them for years. Freeman Hardy and Willis and Curtiss used to be my favorite shoe shops at the time, brought loads of styles over my early years. Wish I still had some of them, but they get thrown away as you do not want anybody to know about your passion. Wish I knew then what I know now would be a totally differant story.

life is not a rehearsal

• 3 weeks later...