An interesting morning

roniheels

As long as I have been with my company, vacation accumulates and I get a day off every third or fourth week. So I thought I would spend a day out and about in one of my favorite suits and favorite high heels (a pair of open toe Exhileration brand pumps with a 5" high heel). I went into Starbucks for a coffee and the young man who always waits on me said "I see you're standing tall today. Nice shoes" I thanked him and left the store. Two women looked at my shoes and smiled real big as I left. A younger woman (dressed close to goth) outside smoking gave me an almost dirty look as I walked to my car. Looking over my shoulder, she kept looking at my high heels. I went to my favorite bookstore in Old Town to buy my newspaper. There were several men in the store, and after my purchase all of them looked at me and my high heels and just smiled and said "good morning." I went to the park that's close to my house, even though it is a little chilly today, to enjoy my coffee and read my newspaper before the stores opened. Four boys, high school aged give or take, were playing basketball close by. There were a couple of other people in the park that payed no mind to me as I read my paper. I crossed my legs as I sat and you could clearly see my high heels. All of a sudden one of the boys yells out, "look at the old faggot in the high heels! Hey old man, why are you wearing high heels?" Everyone looked at me and the boys headed my way. I did not want confrontation, so I headed to my car. I received some more jeering from the boys as I got into my car and drove away. That was the most blatent harassing I had ever received. I went to another park a little farther from my house. There is a little fishing lake there and there were several older men fishing and working around the area. When they all saw me in my high heels, they all waved and or nodded, smiled, and went about their business. I enjoyed my coffee and paper. I went to Payless to buy a pair of slingback, open toed Fiona high heels that I really liked. I walked into the store and the sales person was in the back and said to call her if I needed anything. I tried them on and went to pay for them. The young female sales clerk rung them up and gave me my receipt. I said, "You know, I think I will wear these out of the store (she didn't notice I was already wearing high heels)." She gasped and looked at me like I had said, "You know, I think I will now kill you." I asked if she would feel more comfortable if I didn't wear them out of the store. She said nothing and just nodded. I said I would take them like that and thanked her. She whisperd "thank you" as I left and she watched me all the way to my car. I next went to my favorite exotic boutique and bought a pair of ellie 5" stilettos and a pair of Femme Fetiche 6.5" heels with a 1.5" platform that are so comfortable. I did wear those out of the store. There were four other men in the store looking around. They all looked nervous. I ordered a pair of oxford pumps with 6" high heels that are due in next Friday. I announced to the female clerk who is a friend of mine, "these high heels are really comfortable and I can't wait until the others come in." Two men in the store, the younger two, looked at me and just smiled. The two older men tried to ignore me but gave me a glance as I left the store. As I went about town today I received what I would call "mixed reviews" on my apperal and high heels. I suppose that open-mindedness that myself and many other members would like to see toward men wearing high heels is not totally here yet, by any means. Still, despite the conflicts and conflicted opinions, I will still continue to wear high heels and wear them publicly to my personal enjoyment. I have taken some pictures of the high heels and wll post them soon.:roll:

Four boys, high school aged give or take, were playing basketball close by. There were a couple of other people in the park that payed no mind to me as I read my paper. I crossed my legs as I sat and you could clearly see my high heels.

All of a sudden one of the boys yells out, "look at the old faggot in the high heels! Hey old man, why are you wearing high heels?" Everyone looked at me and the boys headed my way. I did not want confrontation, so I headed to my car. I received some more jeering from the boys as I got into my car and drove away. That was the most blatent harassing I had ever received.

I went to another park a little farther from my house. There is a little fishing lake there and there were several older men fishing and working around the area. When they all saw me in my high heels, they all waved and or nodded, smiled, and went about their business. I enjoyed my coffee and paper.

My worst fear..... a small group of gobby teenagers. Walked past a couple of these groups today in Milton Keynes. Luckily for me, my 4" heels are rubber based so extremely discreet. <though my walking gait is a dead give-away> There's very little defence for this sort of situation, avoidance is the most prudent route if it's available.

One of the things I like about the state of Florida, incidently, is their 'concealed-carry' license...... :roll:

....snip....

I went to Payless to buy a pair of slingback, open toed Fiona high heels that I really liked. I walked into the store and the sales person was in the back and said to call her if I needed anything. I tried them on and went to pay for them. The young female sales clerk rung them up and gave me my receipt. I said, "You know, I think I will wear these out of the store (she didn't notice I was already wearing high heels)." She gasped and looked at me like I had said, "You know, I think I will now kill you." I asked if she would feel more comfortable if I didn't wear them out of the store. She said nothing and just nodded. I said I would take them like that and thanked her. She whisperd "thank you" as I left and she watched me all the way to my car.

....snip....

"You know, I think I will now kill you."

ROFLMAO, that is hilarious! At least you have a sense of humor about it!

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

roniheels, what an amazing story!!! I liked a lot, enjoy reading every part. Your outing is interesting specially because of the caveats you experienced. It's a lot like the real world is about closed minds, conservative people, concepts and youngsters in their full testosterone of the puberty. Many many thanks for your piece!

Flavio - Brazilian heel lover, now in France.

My worst fear..... a small group of gobby teenagers. Walked past a couple of these groups today in Milton Keynes. Luckily for me, my 4" heels are rubber based so extremely discreet. <though my walking gait is a dead give-away> There's very little defence for this sort of situation, avoidance is the most prudent route if it's available.

One of the things I like about the state of Florida, incidently, is their 'concealed-carry' license...... :roll:

Same here in Ohio. Wife and I carry every where. She made me a denim concealed carry pouch for mine and also makes very nice man bags.

real men wear heels

Same here in Ohio. Wife and I carry every where. She made me a denim concealed carry pouch for mine and also makes very nice man bags.

BTW roniheels, I do respect your bravery. To bad teens have to all be followers and not leaders. This probably would not have happened with the young punks if they were not all together as one.

Thanks for sharing.

real men wear heels

Roni, Sadly, that is the gang type of low, low, low mentality that abounds in this world. They have some type of psychotic need to annoy / harass / try to make miserable anyone that is not in their world, whatever type of world that is.

Thank God that they are actually the minority, not the majority!

It's all about the heel!

roniheels: Yes, I would agree that you did indeed have an interesting morning, complete with just about a little of everything. As for the unfortunate encounter with those kids, sadly, that's pretty much par for the course, especially for immature, lowbrow lunkheads who feel some perverse need to show off to their mates by making lewd or insulting comments at other people who don't fit their narrow standards of normalcy. Trust me, I've had that happen to me a time or two in the past, amazingly enough, teenage girls can be every bit as rude and crude as boys, and black teens in general really get loud, heedless of their surroundings. The best you can do is ignore these fools and go your own way. Baiting punks like them or trading insults is a no win situation. In any event, thumbs up to you for your adventure.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Thank you all for the feedback from this thread I posted. Really, after the one incident in the park, it was a rather nice day. I did go to some of my favorite stores in Old Town. As I was walking through the area, I noticed there were many "street people" walking aroung the area, more than one usually sees. I know the unemployment problem in the city is higher than usual, but there were many people carrying their belongings just milling arround. And I'm sure when they saw a man walking around in a three-piece suit and high heels, I couldn't imagine what they might be thinking. But other than the incident in the park and some "looks" I got in Old Town, I would say it was a positive outing and most of the feedback I received (especially from mature men and women) was very encouraging. I am developing pictures to scan of my new purchases. I'll post them shortly. Thanks again for all of the responses.:roll:

sounds like you just described Dallas Texas. Good for you to go out in the front for us that don't have the nerve to go that far. The manager at payless knows I'm buying for myself but I can't get the nerve to start a conversation with her. I do try on shoes at a shoe store in Arlington texas with no problem. the girls there are really supportive. Thanks for paving the way for other heel wearer's in the future.

t-straps are my favorite style.

Interesting thread ronieheels. I had a very interesting morning today only on a more positive note. Wife woke me up as usuall, putting the heels of her likeing on my feet telling me her sister and sister in law was visiting from Rittman and sitting in the livingroom. I assumed she wanted me to grest them in my heels. They were aware of my passion for heels but have never seen me in them. I was very curious. Her sister really likes red high heels and I new that so I went down stairs to get my coffee and slipped into my red high heels to great them wearing my blue sweets that I slept in. Walked into the living room and as I entered, announced "well here is what you have all been waiting for"! Her sister smiled and complemented me while her sis in law still didn't notice. Then her sister pointed sown to my feet and her sis in law didn't act the least bit supprised and said how she liked them. quote" Those are really nice!" I was floored:w00t2: We talked about it for a brief moment and went into normal conversation about everything else as if I was just another man in heels. They even suggested I wear my heels to the next family gathering. Which I probably will, just not the red ones.:o After a little while I went down stairs and changed into my levis and, black socks and black heels. Went back up and they liked the look but made me go back down and put the red ones back on.:-? Went back up and sat and talked a little about how people should except you for you annd not what you wear. It was a great morning. I must say that these ladies are from the hills of West Virginia where you would probably get stoned for wearing heels. I was very supprised with there reaction.:D Here is a pic of what they seen. It was great!:roll:

post-3305-133522857244_thumb.jpg

post-3305-133522857248_thumb.jpg

real men wear heels

All of a sudden one of the boys yells out, "look at the old faggot in the high heels! Hey old man, why are you wearing high heels?"

If I had been in your shoes (!), roniheels, I think I would have been more upset by being called 'old' rather than because of my appearance or alleged sexuality! (And I'm a few years older than you, and also straight.)

Forgive my ignorance, fastfreddy2, but can you or someone else please explain what 'concealed carry' is all about, in Florida or otherwise?

Johnie... I think you know you are blessed to be in a family where there is this outward accptance of you wearing high heels. And just an observation from this story and others you have told about your friends and family: I think they truly see that a physical man such as yourself who obviously works out consistantly can look so good and natural wearing high heels. There are several members at this site that coordinate nice clothing with the high heels they wear and look absolutely natural and matter of fact about it and it looks handsom. Please keep sharing your stories and those red high heels look nice and look good one you.:roll:

Ronieheels; THANK YOU for relating your experiences on your outing. The 'boys' part is what we all like to watch out for and avoid, somtimes though situations look good and then change in a heart beat. I'm having my own 5" heeled fun (my avatar) today. We, my wife and I, will let you all know how it goes. Enjoy. Puffer said: Forgive my ignorance, fastfreddy2, but can you or someone else please explain what 'concealed carry' is all about, in Florida or otherwise?

IF GIRLS CAN WEAR PANTS THEN I CAN WEAR HEELS

"Concealed carry" In Oregon, it is a license issued by the state permitting you to carry a hand gun concealed on your person, loaded and ready to use if your life is threatened. Can't have it show (bulges or the like) or show it unless you intend to use it!! There is a notification to police refernceing your vehicle plates to let them know you 'carry' so if you get pulled over for an infraction things can get interesting but cool heads will prevail.

Does that answer your question?

It sure does. :o

Its introduction to Florida had an interesting effect on crime rate there. Some further reading for you.

God Bless America, and the men who included the 2nd Amendment in their Bill of Rights. :roll:

most ive got is people asking my workmate "is he, you know..."

to which workmate answers " better ask his girlfriend"

but its nice winding people up !

Yes it is nice winding people up. Good reply, great comeback. I love it!:roll:

Wife and I both have our ccw. Got her a nice little .380 Bersa for her birthday last week. She got tired of packing that .357 around.lol

Am I getting off subject?

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A little, possibly. But I still think it's pertinent to roniheels predicament mentioned in the original post. :o

I've no idea who said it, doubtless American; :-? "An armed society, is a polite society." So true. :roll:

As long as I have been with my company, vacation accumulates and I get a day off every third or fourth week. So I thought I would spend a day out and about in one of my favorite suits and favorite high heels (a pair of open toe Exhileration brand pumps with a 5" high heel).

I went into Starbucks for a coffee and the young man who always waits on me said "I see you're standing tall today. Nice shoes" I thanked him and left the store. Two women looked at my shoes and smiled real big as I left. A younger woman (dressed close to goth) outside smoking gave me an almost dirty look as I walked to my car. Looking over my shoulder, she kept looking at my high heels.

I went to my favorite bookstore in Old Town to buy my newspaper. There were several men in the store, and after my purchase all of them looked at me and my high heels and just smiled and said "good morning."

I went to the park that's close to my house, even though it is a little chilly today, to enjoy my coffee and read my newspaper before the stores opened. Four boys, high school aged give or take, were playing basketball close by. There were a couple of other people in the park that payed no mind to me as I read my paper. I crossed my legs as I sat and you could clearly see my high heels.

All of a sudden one of the boys yells out, "look at the old faggot in the high heels! Hey old man, why are you wearing high heels?" Everyone looked at me and the boys headed my way. I did not want confrontation, so I headed to my car. I received some more jeering from the boys as I got into my car and drove away. That was the most blatent harassing I had ever received.

I went to another park a little farther from my house. There is a little fishing lake there and there were several older men fishing and working around the area. When they all saw me in my high heels, they all waved and or nodded, smiled, and went about their business. I enjoyed my coffee and paper.

I went to Payless to buy a pair of slingback, open toed Fiona high heels that I really liked. I walked into the store and the sales person was in the back and said to call her if I needed anything. I tried them on and went to pay for them. The young female sales clerk rung them up and gave me my receipt. I said, "You know, I think I will wear these out of the store (she didn't notice I was already wearing high heels)." She gasped and looked at me like I had said, "You know, I think I will now kill you." I asked if she would feel more comfortable if I didn't wear them out of the store. She said nothing and just nodded. I said I would take them like that and thanked her. She whisperd "thank you" as I left and she watched me all the way to my car.

I next went to my favorite exotic boutique and bought a pair of ellie 5" stilettos and a pair of Femme Fetiche 6.5" heels with a 1.5" platform that are so comfortable. I did wear those out of the store. There were four other men in the store looking around. They all looked nervous. I ordered a pair of oxford pumps with 6" high heels that are due in next Friday. I announced to the female clerk who is a friend of mine, "these high heels are really comfortable and I can't wait until the others come in." Two men in the store, the younger two, looked at me and just smiled. The two older men tried to ignore me but gave me a glance as I left the store.

As I went about town today I received what I would call "mixed reviews" on my apperal and high heels. I suppose that open-mindedness that myself and many other members would like to see toward men wearing high heels is not totally here yet, by any means. Still, despite the conflicts and conflicted opinions, I will still continue to wear high heels and wear them publicly to my personal enjoyment.

I have taken some pictures of the high heels and wll post them soon.:roll:

Many many thanks for the story . I love it because , can't dare doing it , but will love wearing in public like you do , i close my eyes and imagine it is me walking and shoping in high heels . Dream it will be my story one day , but whithout the teens experience .

Sorry for my english

Thanks again

Many many thanks for the story . I love it because , can't dare doing it , but will love wearing in public like you do , i close my eyes and imagine it is me walking and shoping in high heels . Dream it will be my story one day , but whithout the teens experience .

Sorry for my english

Thanks again

Thank you for your reply. If and when you eventually do wear high heels in public, I wish the best of luck and hope you always remember the experience and how you felt when it happens.:roll:

Thank you for your reply. If and when you eventually do wear high heels in public, I wish the best of luck and hope you always remember the experience and how you felt when it happens.:roll:

Thanks for your best wishes , but really don't know if i will dare it one day , for sure it won't be in my place here in France , seems it is easier in USA or England , i imagine it better in a foreign place because i'll not understand the bad remarks of people saying .:o

Roni: You have the admiration of every guy here, not only because you made the intelligent decision not to confront a bunch of low-level morons acting in a pack-mentality, but also because you've chosen not to give up street heeling. I can't say that I've experienced what you have. I've been fortunate...so far. But when my day comes, I will remember this story. Thank you. (Standing ovation.):roll: Dan

Oh no! You'll be missing out on all the compliments! Now that would be a real shame.

Yes you are 200% right - I think that is what we expect the most , to have compliments . Will love to have compliments from women and have some conversation . I sometime imagine what could be such a walk in a public place , going shopping in shoes stores , and try all the shoes i can and having compliments . It is a nice dreams . Just need to find the place and be happy to find someone to come with me to help me for this magic day , i know i will love to share it with an other woman . May be i can meet a kind female member here , to take my hand for this first experience .

Roni:

You have the admiration of every guy here, not only because you made the intelligent decision not to confront a bunch of low-level morons acting in a pack-mentality, but also because you've chosen not to give up street heeling.

I can't say that I've experienced what you have. I've been fortunate...so far. But when my day comes, I will remember this story. Thank you.

(Standing ovation.):o

Dan

Dan...

Thank you so much for the kind words and sentiments. No, this did not discourage me at all from street heeling. There are so many other places in public that I would like to go wearing my high heels. And I will go to those places wearing high heels. It is encouragement and personal experiences from people like you and others who share their stories that encourage me to continue going about town in high heels, enjoying every moment, taking the good with the bad, and setting an example for others who have not worn high heels in public to try it once, if they feel the urge.

Thanks again for your kind words and thought.:roll:

Dan...

Thank you so much for the kind words and sentiments. No, this did not discourage me at all from street heeling. There are so many other places in public that I would like to go wearing my high heels. And I will go to those places wearing high heels. It is encouragement and personal experiences from people like you and others who share their stories that encourage me to continue going about town in high heels, enjoying every moment, taking the good with the bad, and setting an example for others who have not worn high heels in public to try it once, if they feel the urge.

Thanks again for your kind words and thought.:roll:

You go dude! Keep up the good work!

real men wear heels

Interesting thread ronieheels.

I had a very interesting morning today only on a more positive note.

Just a little up up date on sister in laws from Rittman.

The wife's sister in law (the elderly lady) called wife's sister the next day and told her how cool she thought I was that I wore heels:clap: She actually liked it! This was the woman who I figured most likely to disagree with my choice of foot wear but on the contrary, really thought it was cool. She loves my shoes and the fact that I'm man enough, or brave enough to wear them. You have to realize that these people came from the back woods of West Virgina. This was some really good news.:roll:

real men wear heels