Driving in high heels!

6inforever

Today I was on my way home from work and a state trooper pulled me over. I was going a little too fast and he asked if he could search my car so I asked why and he said that he had reason to believe I had some drugs in the car (Yeah Right). As soon as I stepped out of the car the first thing he said was < you should'nt be driving in those shoes> I wore my 5.5 heels to work . He searched the car and found nothing and then he wrote me the ticket for speeding. When he told me to go he said that I needed to remove my shoes has anyone ever had this happen to them!!!!:roll:

i don't know what kind of car you drive, but some car seats can be adjusted properly for high heels wearer. i love my x5, besides I'd put a nice fur rug on the floor, it protects the bootheels as i rock my boots. on the other hands, i dont think he has right to tell you to remove your shoes.

Boot me up, Boot me down

ack no good :roll: on so many levels. im so sorry :o hmm.. i can say ive gotten plenty of speeding tickets.. but ive never had a cop comment on shoes before!!! or lack theirof.. and while theyve asked me to get out of the car or like asking if im carrying a bomb or some stupid weird remark.. never asked to actually search it.. honestly though im suprized you drive wearing them and risk ruining the heel and back of the shoe anyways! maybe he thought the heel was going to get caught between the floor and pedal and make it so you couldnt press the break? i dunno

I usually wear heels that probably aren't the most appropriate for driving. Sometimes I take off my shoes and drive barefoot or in stockings. The time I was stopped by a cop though, I'm pretty sure I was wearing stilettos. (I made a right turn where there was a sign saying no right turns on red) I didn't have to get out of the car though. I think I looked so nervous and scared the cop just gave me a warning and said to drive more carefully.

The tallest I normally wear is 5" and I normally find that quite comfortable as I can then pivot my fool on the pedals. In the UK most of our cars are manual and obviously need a lot of foot work compared to an automatic car. I don't think you're allowed to drive bare foot in the UK but I normally have a pair of driving shoes in case the shoes I'm in aren't comfortable or are too tall.

Thx everyone for the input and I had asked a coworker today and they said maybe he just wanted to check me out but telling me to take off my shoes cmon !! The truck I drive has seats that sit kinda high so my heels really never rest on the floor and I have never ruined a pair by driving.. Thx again so far for the input. LOL:wave:

thats kewlies on never ruining any while driving :roll: i can see where being higher up off the floor would have that advantage.. as i drive a camaro i dont have the height advantage and they do rest on the floor and i have ruined a pair before :o thankfully it wasnt one i was fond of.. but still!

Which is why it's always nice to have extra pair of shoes in your car. I have pumps, boots, my running shoes all in the back of the trunk. You never know when you might need them :roll: .

"I don't know who invented high heels, but all women owe him a lot"--Marilyn Monroe

i don't know what kind of car you drive, but some car seats can be adjusted properly for high heels wearer. i love my x5, besides I'd put a nice fur rug on the floor, it protects the bootheels as i rock my boots.

on the other hands, i dont think he has right to tell you to remove your shoes.

I agree with Alicia, show us the law that you can't wear six inch stiletto boots while you drive - I've never had a problem even in thigh boots!

When I was a student driver, I often worn my high heel boots and practice with 2 orange size air filled rubber balls perhaps alittle bigger than a orange. With the rubber balls under my bootsoles, rolling the balls and place them under my bootsoles and boottoes properly and apply pressure then release. I can get use to the position of pivoting my bootheels. Perhaps it might help for those new drivers who love wearing high heels.

Boot me up, Boot me down

Hey Alicia, I like what you wrote. Yeah, I've worn 6" boots before while driving and it's a bit tricky. My mind is always on my feet, lol when I'm driving. WHat I do is kind of like what bikers do when they ride. Heel-toe-heel-toe, that pattern. But if you have a great arch, you won't have a problem too much. 6" on the other hand, I have to keep monitoring it because I don't want to get involved into an accident. That would suck. But around 5-5.5", I love it. I can rest the tip of my feel while my forefoot does the rest. Or what you can do is stretch your foot more towards the front and tilt your feet on an angle so the front touches the pedals.

"I don't know who invented high heels, but all women owe him a lot"--Marilyn Monroe

For the original poster: I believe that police man was just checking you out too, propably "shoe guy".. Did he want to take photo for evidence, aswell? and your phone number. :roll: Yes I've worn heels while driving, some thin heels can get stuck in floor and rubber carpet. And you can easily ruin your back of leather shoes and heels while driving. If i have to drive with heels, i prefer some thicker heels.

"Even when I'm a mess, I put on a vest... with an S on my chest, oh yes.. I'm a Superwoman.. "