Moral support

sept181

Is anyone going to be in the Lakeside or Bluewater area on Saturday 3rd May. I am hopeing to make this my first public outing in heels and wondered if anybody from the group is likely to be in the area, as I may be in need of some moral support:-?

Unlikely to be there but good luck and have fun. Remember, you've every right to wear heels, and every right to try them on in shops. :roll:

It's my opinion, no more, no less :wave:

Is anyone going to be in the Lakeside or Bluewater area on Saturday 3rd May.

I am hopeing to make this my first public outing in heels and wondered if anybody from the group is likely to be in the area, as I may be in need of some moral support:-?

I think you might pick a better day than a Bank Holiday Saturday. It'll be busy, and Saturdays tends to be a family day anyway. That's a lot of pressure. :roll:

That said, either of these two places are 50 -ish miles from me, but I'm happy to attend your first HH day out, if you are definitely going to go. [still, no pressure ... :wink:]

Lakeside

Bluewater

Location: Each either side of the Thames Estuary, each a couple of miles from the M25.

Guest Loveshiheels

I realy want to go now. I want to buy some heels to wear out street heeling and I have found some I like on the web sites of Barretts Faith and Aldo just want to try them on first.

Guest Loveshiheels

Well since you live so close to me, we could go up in the same car and it does not have to be the bank holiday weekend.

Looks like the Bluewater suggestion is gathering momentum and is in danger of turning into a real heelmeet! If someone would like to firm up the date, I will also try to attend. Personally, I'd be happy with Sat 3rd May. Firefox --- It's not that I don't like Yo Sushi - I just didn't fancy it. Maybe next time I will join you beside the conveyor belt. :roll:

Always High-Heel Responsibly

If it helps ......

I've just got back from Bluewater. (Literally, 5 minutes ago.)

It's still my preferred venue for 'heeling' away from Oxford Street. :o

Went there this afternoon to return the Prada wedge boots I bought at a 'giveaway' price 3 weeks ago. Believe me, 'giveaway' is the right word. £59 instead of £260, and they fitted me! But ... they were so nice [Prada remember] I was never going to wear them, sadly they had to go back. [i already have a wardrobe full of "look at me" shoes. :blush:]

I didn't come away empty handed though. £59 in front, I went straight to Nine West and bought 2 pairs of ankle boots. :-?

Spent 5 hours there, from 6pm until a bit after 11pm. 6-11pm in my 4" wedges while shopping, the last two hours in some 4" 'blade' heeled PU boots. [Never again.] The wooden floors used at the Entrance/Exits, and around the Food Courts [where we had a late dinner] are like a skating rink to hard tipped heels. In the restaurant where we ate, I actually watched a girl wearing very attractive heels try to stand, only to fall back onto her chair (thankfully) as her shoe slipped from underneath her as she rose.

I mention all this because I'm getting fairly blasé about wearing heels there. Safety seems to be the biggest issue walking aroung the place, especially entering or leaving. The main runways around the Mall seem slightly safer though......

My face is also getting to look familiar in one or two of the shops there too, which has to help when shopping. :D But I would expect a Bank Holiday Saturday to have the place 'bulging at the seams' with shoppers. Getting to the venue might not be pleasant, [M25/A2.] Getting parked won't be pleasant, shopping won't be pleasant,and getting refreshments won't be pleasant either. [Avoid Ed's Diner at all costs whatever day you shop there. Expensive, and the food/coffee might both be stale!]

On the upside, 'men in heels' will be harder to spot in a dense moving crowd of people. :roll:

I'm not knocking the venue, but you might want to re-consider the date? :cup: Your day is going to be stressful enough without Bank Holiday traffic/shoppers to contend with. Is it not possible to arrange a week earlier, or week later?

Well since you live so close to me, we could go up in the same car and it does not have to be the bank holiday weekend.

Unfotunatly I will be arriving from the other direction, "Up North" on my way home,

PM me and see if we can sort something out, maybe more local?

Unfotunatly I will be arriving from the other direction, "Up North" on my way home,

PM me and see if we can sort something out, maybe more local?

It's Saturday the 3rd of May or not at all then? :-?[Meaning: one of the weekends either side of the 3rd isn't possible for you at Bluewater?]

Bit of a shame, as this was getting to look like a proper 'event' based around your first outing. :o:roll:

Guest Loveshiheels

I,m still up for whatever week end day it,s on. I might wear a pair of heels for a little while.

Calv and I are possibly meeting up on the 3rd. Unfortunately, I've just got a new kitten who won't like being left alone for more than 1 night, so I suspect that it may be easier for Calv to come my way to Norwich. The obvious solution is for you to catch the train to Norwich and we 3 all go to Bluewater, sharing petrol costs. I haven't squared this with Calv yet, so assume this idea is 'work in progress'. Xa

Guest Loveshiheels

I,m still wanting to go. Only 2 weeks to gon now. I would like to know who coming and what time we are going to meet up. I,m going to need a moble phone number from someone that comes along just in case I turn up late because of traffic on the M25 and A3.

Calv and I are possibly meeting up on the 3rd.

Unfortunately, I've just got a new kitten who won't like being left alone for more than 1 night, so I suspect that it may be easier for Calv to come my way to Norwich.

The obvious solution is for you to catch the train to Norwich and we 3 all go to Bluewater, sharing petrol costs.

I haven't squared this with Calv yet, so assume this idea is 'work in progress'.

Xa

I may now have somewhere else I may need to go to on the 3rd <work related> :o .... Mindful the (sorry to mention it again) Bank Holiday situation .... Any chance the 10th could be considered? Bank holidays are a great time for closing rail lines, or they were last Bank Holiday outting even more pressure on the road systems. I'm a bit keen not to miss this venture, and I might have no choice if it's on the 3rd. :roll: Though I suppose the attraction of a B.H. Saturday is having the next two (free) days to get over a lot of travelling....

Otherwise, I'm good for taking up to three from here? Maybe collect from Watford, and/or a station from Cambs or Norwich? Of I could sit in with 3 others and help with their fuel costs?

Not that it looks like it matters (since there's been no update) but I've moved my 'busy' working Saturday from the 3rd to the 10th of May.

So while I think going to Bluewater on the Bank Holiday Saturday isn't the best weekend to make a visit, I'm up for joining anyone/everyone else who plans/expects to be there.

And being a 'sucker for punishment', I'll be at the Octogon in Reading all day on Friday the 2nd of May.

In heels. :roll:

Guest Loveshiheels

I don,t expect I be going now since there's been no up date. There's is a good shoe shop in Reading called Puss in Boots so I been told.

There's is a good shoe shop in Reading called Puss in Boots so I been told.

I'll give it a look, and report back.

Leftovers from the Winter sales in the bigger stores seem to have just about dried up now anyway, so I'm not expecting to find anything that'll get me spending money......

That said, it didn't stop me buying a couple of pairs while in Luton yesterday. Lady shop owner now just gets out size 8 in anything I look at. Not made a visit without buying (or trying to buy) something... Got 4 pairs from her now .... The only pair I've actually worn (or intend to wear) were the blade heel ankle boots that the polished wooden floors in the Bluewater eating area didn't like. :roll: But I doubt those floors like a hard heel on any shoe.....

Sorry to have started this one then dissapeared but work conspires again! I thought I was going to be returning alone from a job now it seems I will be bringng back a 4 man crew ( probably not a good time to stop off to wear heels.:roll: )

Sorry to have started this one then dissapeared but work conspires again!

I thought I was going to be returning alone from a job now it seems I will be bringng back a 4 man crew ( probably not a good time to stop off to wear heels.:roll: )

No? :o

I'll just 'do' Reading then. :-?