Ice Shattered At Work!!!

ShockQueen

While everything looks "peachy dandy" right now, SQ, I would proceed very, very slowley if I were you. Should you get too far out front to quickly , circumstances could change unexpectedly and you could find yourself having problems. Let some time elaps between episodes of trying to stretch the envelope. "Itty-bitty steps........

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I agree, Bubba136, and I have reached my "happy point" already, so I'm not going past the point I'm at. I've achieved what I set out to do, and that is enough for me. :-)

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

That is a great step forward! Would it be possible that we get to see a picture of the approved outfit (or at least below a certain line)? Y.

Raise your voice. Put on some heels.

That is a great step forward!

Would it be possible that we get to see a picture of the approved outfit

(or at least below a certain line)?

Y.

I shall work on that. I'm getting better with my webcam, so it may be certainly possible! I did post a pic of my most recent result to the nail salon in my Nail Files thread under "general fashion".

Thank you everyone, really! It was a bit of a gamble to see if it would go over well, and it appears to have done just that. I haven't offended anyone, I've received compliments from colleagues and management alike, so I think as long as I keep it conservative and in good taste, then I think it'll be smooth sailing ahead. I....am....CELEBRATING a major style WIN!!!

So far, it's starting my 3rd week in my wedge boots, and my sneakers have been banished to the home. Feels good! I bought some more nice turtlenecks to go with my black jeans & boots, and next week, will be looking for even more! A couple of my colleagues are saying I should wear my more daring styles, but I know far better than that, so I'm staying well away from that temptation (such as would be nice, but it's that "career" thing, ya know?). All bets are off outside the workplace though! MWA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!

It's a good victory for me, as I've incorporated a number of things into my dailywear - acrylic nails, small heels, "man bag" (aka purse)......it's a lot for most to take in, but there have been no ill effects. I'm thinking it's like many here do - they find good heels, and then build an outfit to accompany them with style and flair. While granted I doubt I'll ever wear stilettos to work (well, maybe on Halloween), at least I can feel a little lift in my step when I walk........that, and they sound darn cool on hard floors - like a regular stiletto would! I think if others want to try the same thing, I doubt you would run into much opposition unless they are really stodgy about the whole dress code thing. Truth be told, unless there is a safety issue, I doubt there is much legally that can be done, although it can paint a bullseye on you if taken wrong. It's all about balance.

Well, no real trend-setting as of yet, although a couple of my female friends went and had their nails done after me. Somehow I doubt any of my tastes will rub off on other guys here, but at least they're being very supportive, so I'll go along with it. Now to see what I can find in Denver to expand on this.....hee hee hee. *rubs hands gleefully*

• 2 weeks later...

I had a fun time in Denver, and picked up some nice flared-leg jeans from Lane Bryant, which go very well with my wedge boots. I also picked up a nice blue hair-clip barrette thing that has some stones in it from this place that hand-makes all their stuff, and then went and got some Sally Hansen platinum nail polish. I picked up some nice shoes at the Payless shops down there, although none would be considered "work attire". Tomorrow I'll be donning: -flare-leg jeans -white pullover (kinda turtleneckish) -wedge boots -platinum nails -nice hair clip I think it's a style that works well together. We'll see what happens.

I had a fun time in Denver, and picked up some nice flared-leg jeans from Lane Bryant, which go very well with my wedge boots. I also picked up a nice blue hair-clip barrette thing that has some stones in it from this place that hand-makes all their stuff, and then went and got some Sally Hansen platinum nail polish. I picked up some nice shoes at the Payless shops down there, although none would be considered "work attire". Tomorrow I'll be donning:

-flare-leg jeans

-white pullover (kinda turtleneckish)

-wedge boots

-platinum nails

-nice hair clip

I think it's a style that works well together. We'll see what happens.

Would be nicee to see a pic of you in your outfit :roll:

It's my opinion, no more, no less :wave:

Had a pic taken at work tonight in a slightly modified version: White mock turtleneck deep blue flare jeans wedge-heel peep-toe slingback sandals Platinum nails As soon as I get it in my e-mail, I shall show it here!

You give me reason to envy your place of employment as I am confined to a strcitly mandated uniform and work boots. Though with my line of work heels are a definate no-no even for the few ladies who ever take up the trade.

Good luck and keep us posted on your sucess.

T&H

"Look for the woman in the dress, if there is no dress there is no woman."-Coco Channel

You give me reason to envy your place of employment as I am confined to a strcitly mandated uniform and work boots.

Yup, I don't expect to be pulled over by a policeman in stiletto's any time soon. :roll: (Although living in the Netherlands anything is to be expected!)

I looked at the pics, and I had a case of the "yuck-face", so I blotted it out. The rest of the outfit from that night is here though! Admittedly, I think my outfit looks better today, but here is the one I have to share. Enjoy! SQ

post-29-133522857805_thumb.jpg