Is thigh boots ok for Summer and women over 40?

highheeltrained

I know this woman who is 43 and owns a pair of leather thigh high boots but she only wears them with knee length skirts and she has a two leather knee length skirts to. She thinks that thigh boots over top of tight jeans is not for a woman her age even though she looks pretty good for her age and could easily look great in that type of outfit. She also thinks thigh boots are only for fall and winter. Do you think thigh boots are ok for women over 40 to wear with anything else besides knee length skirts and are they are ok to wear in the Summer?

I think that OTK boots in the street is fine for any age-group who can still manage heels which only rules out the very elderly. As for thigh boots, only young pretty girls can really get away with them IMO apart from in the fetish clubs of course!!!

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

I know this woman who is 43 and owns a pair of leather thigh high boots but she only wears them with knee length skirts and she has a two leather knee length skirts to. She thinks that thigh boots over top of tight jeans is not for a woman her age even though she looks pretty good for her age and could easily look great in that type of outfit. She also thinks thigh boots are only for fall and winter.

Yes to both.

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

Over the knee, or thigh high?

Outside of a night club, I've only ever seen women wearing 'fashion' OTK boots, not thigh high. That would include women of any age.

The OTK boots didn't have heels either, though 'Payless shoes' [uK] have a style with stiletto heels they've 'feminised' by adding satin ties behind the knees.

I think your girl-friend wearing her TH's under longer skirts and inside coats in winter is a wise precaution. Thanks to the poster for 'Pretty Women' I think this style when worn by women with short shirts at least, is now sometimes referred to as 'hooker' boots? [My wife calls them Pirate boots. :smile: ]

In this instance, I suspect 'looking good' has little to do with her choice. ;)

I've seen women (usually younger) in malls with thigh high boots on occasion (not just OTK), sometimes over jeans but usually in the short skirt mode. Why not for over 40?

Summer might just be a bit too hot (unless you're in the far north).

It's all about the heel!

I think that OTK boots in the street is fine for any age-group who can still manage heels which only rules out the very elderly. As for thigh boots, only young pretty girls can really get away with them IMO apart from in the fetish clubs of course!!!

Agreed on both the OTK and thigh-high.

As far as time-of-year, there is a practical concern with feet becoming too hot, though cooler climates can extend the season somewhat.

Dan

As you might suspect I have a rather biased opinion. I think thigh boots over jeans look great on everyone at anytime. There are several shaft styles on thigh boots that make a difference on wearing them over jeans. If the shaft is very tight, the boots won’t look good over jeans, however, if the shaft is loose enough to fit over jeans, nothing looks better.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

I believe a lot of women over 40 are very self conscious about what they wear on there feet. They seem to think that certain heels are just for younger women so they wear ugly shoes. (old lady shoes). Thats what i call them. I try to tell them not to grow old NEVER. You dress young, you feel young and it's very sexy to see a women in her 40's to when ever wearing short skirts and cute strappy heels or pumps. Providing they are not in the major over weight category like many, many women here around where I live in Ohio. YES, women over 40 should definitly wear thighhighs over pants or what ever they want. IT's HOT!!!!!

real men wear heels

As you might suspect I have a rather biased opinion. I think thigh boots over jeans look great on everyone at anytime.

TBG: I have a similar bias as well. With jeans, with a skirt, it really doesn't matter much to me...

Dan

I will be 51 this year and have no problems wearing my thigh high boots out ( I have a closet full!) and over pants. I love to have my boots and the heels to show. Age is simply a number it is what you feel inside that is important and this high heel boot lady feels a few decades younger than the age attached to the year of my birth! David has always said, dress for your own pleasure, and that i do as well as dress for his. I loved heeling my way around London in february and it was so much fun meeting so many of the members from high heel place. Everyone I met at the heel meet is so brave and I especially enjoyed meeting each person as you were all so genuine. When people are allowed to be themselves and express themselves without fear conversation and understanding flow. Love Cathy or as most of you know me Mrs iloveboots!! p.s. and wearing boots is great any time of year. Here in Kelowna, Canada where we live it gets up to the high 30's C int he summer and that does not stop me from wearing my lovely boots.

"Dress For Your Own Pleasure"

• 2 weeks later...

i have a different twist on this...is it ok for a man over 40 to wear thigh boots in the summer?(tongue in cheek to the point that i look like a chipmunk)

Well, CB, your avatar looks terrific, though I admit I have a boot bias, myself. Don't know your age, but if you're over 40, I would have to answer "yes".

Certainly the same goes with women on this: you have to consider the whole picture. Would thighboots work on everyone, in any or every occasion? No. But, the same could be said for any clothing decision.

Guys can and do wear thighboots, and not necessarily pirates. Ask Johnny Depp / Capt. Jack Sparrow.

Aaarrrrggggh!:roll:

Dan