Sizing of Ernest shoes.

Trolldeg

My size is 42,5 and sometimes 43 when i wear men shoes. One time, i went to Ernest shop in Paris, to try high heel sandals, and 42 was good to wear. For the boots my perfect size was 43. Very great quality, shoes too sexy. The heel is higher than the size written.

Interesting question - as I have just been bought some 'Stripper' Mules by Ernest on EBay France. I have UK Size 4.5 feet - and therefore take a 4.5 if available, or a large UK 4 - but usually a UK Size 5 (US 8/EUR thirty-eight). These delicious mules are EUR 38 - and are a perfect fit width wise - and almost 'spot-on' length wise - perhaps 1/8th inch extra, but nothing that shows. They look fabulous on - and they're really comfortable too - despite being a 5.25" heel.

post-1866-133522855664_thumb.jpg

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

Hello my size is 40 (french size) , i've bought time ago a pair of thigh high boots made by "La Perla" for Ernest . At this time i was too shy to try them on in a shop , but was very welcome by the lady , she made me feel at ease . It was my first experience and tried a size 39 very quickly , i didn't wanted to be seen in the shop . I didn't took the time to walk a few minutes in the shop to see if they fitted me . Now i realise i did a mistake , they are a bit too small . 40 should have been the correct size . With my little experience i can say two things : -1- Shoes and Boots made for Ernest fit the correct size in general . -2- Always take your time when trying a pair , specially when you are welcome like they do at Ernest . Don't be shy like i did . Hope it helps - IBL70

Thanx for the replys. The this is, I'm buying on-line, so I can't try them before I buy them. I'm usually a EUR 39, sometimes a UK6, somtimes UK6,5 (7 in shoes by Leatherworks). I'm a bit worried that a french 39 might be a bit smaller, but from what I gather of your replys their sizes run pretty true?

Thanx for the replys.

The this is, I'm buying on-line, so I can't try them before I buy them.

I'm usually a EUR 39, sometimes a UK6, somtimes UK6,5 (7 in shoes by Leatherworks). I'm a bit worried that a french 39 might be a bit smaller, but from what I gather of your replys their sizes run pretty true?

They use to have some shoes specially made for Ernest , but i have noticed on their website they have now some shoes coming from Italy like BIOND / BIONDINI , and sometime italian shoes size a bit bigger . I think you must ask them before what do they think about the pair you want to buy , i'm sure they will advise you . My personal advise , is to take a half size or a size up and then to put a sole inside if they fit to big , and now you can find silicon pad it helps to feel comfortable and your shoes will fit perfect .

Happy you ! you are going to have a new pair . Send me a pic when you get them . ;)

Ernest shoes are sized in 'Paris Point', which is similar to ordinary EU size. BTW, this is why 'shoe size' in French = 'pointure' .... BUT .... size, eg for a dress, = 'taille' I found that size 39 in boots was too tight, but size 40 was OK, if a little on the loose side. I would add 1/2 to your normal Euro size when purchasing Ernest. ..... also, when purchasing, add a huge chunk of debt to your mortgage ! Xa

• 2 weeks later...

Trolldeg, If you can have a friend draw a line around your feet outlining them while you are standing with your feet flat on some paper. Afterwards, measure the lengths, such as longest total length, the back of heel to the beginning of the toe area, length of the longest toe, widest part of your feet, and any other measurements, like circumferences, you think would be helpful for the making of the shoes/boots you want. Your usual shoe EU/UK/US size that fits best. Include this information as you order or in a direct e-mail. I got a pair of Ernest heels about a year ago through internet ordering. Since then, they have changed many of their selections. Their quality is high and they try to work with you to find your size. Good luck and happy heelin'!