Pumps

Which footwear do you wear in public  

594 members have voted

1. 1. Which footwear do you wear in public

• Boots
    • Pumps
    • Sandals
    • Wedges

i wear everything but pumps. never really got into them. r1g0r (in heels & skirts almost everyday)

society has decided that men will be confined to

certain items of clothing, and certain modes of

presentation.

until we rebel PERSONALLY against this, we are diminished!

Mostly Boots, one pair of wedge heel sneakers, and one pair of clogs.

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

I wear mainly pumps with 5 " high heels in public that coordinate with the suit or slacks and sport coat that I'm wearing. Sometimes I wear slingbacks, occasionally boots, but mostly pumps.

whatever the mood and oufit dictates in terms of colour and style... beyond being bothered, someday someone will wake up to the idea, lets face it we have the bollox to be original, street fashion starts organically, not thru the big stores.....

Whatever I have under the seat of the car when I get where I'm going when the mood strikes me! It might be my avatar or my 5" leather Mary-Janes or the 5" heeled lace-up leather knee boots. So I voted for boots and pumps

IF GIRLS CAN WEAR PANTS THEN I CAN WEAR HEELS

I voted boots, because i can walk better i feel more secure on not attract so much atention, pumps are so exciting and so sexy, men wearing pumps is so agressive toward many people and wont understand, i am very shy still on going out, im afraid to be seen, i walk for me not for others, another reason is that i wont shave my legs anymore, just the negative attention that it develops made me sacrifice the feeling of the nylons on a nude recenlty shaved leg. maybe later will try again to shave so then i can try to go out with 5 in pumps for the first time in a designer pantyhose or stocking.

V. Morpho

I see that pumps are in the minority as I suspected and that might account for the difference in responses. I usually wear pumps and that less tolerated than boots.

Mainly boots with at least a 3" heel, but up to 4". Also worn 4" stiletto pumps with the sides cut away. Not sure what they're called but they're so damn sexy !!!! I simply loved tottering around Waitrose in those... ;)

It's my opinion, no more, no less :wave:

Up until today, the only shoes I've ever gone public in are my black 2.5inch mary-janes. They tend to get hidden under some baggy jeans. However, I have always dreamed of just going for it in some "proper" high heels! So today I finally decided to venture out in my 3.5inch almond-toed Mary-Janes. I've just got back from wearing them to Sainsburys (my 1st time in heels to my local supermarket) - what a feeling! I definitely feel like a weight has been lifted off my head. They were in full view the whole time and nobody seemed to bother at all, and I walked past lots of people who didn't even seem to notice! I'm definitely now going to try out some of the other "proper" heels in my collection! Her are some pics of the shoes:

post-1962-133522855981_thumb.jpg

post-1962-133522855988_thumb.jpg

post-1962-133522855993_thumb.jpg

There's nothing like a good bit of Toe Cleavage!

I see that pumps are in the minority as I suspected and that might account for the difference in responses. I usually wear pumps and that less tolerated than boots.

Pumps;

Maybe the question should be 'what style of and how high a heel do you wear out and about?'

Johnieheel's avatar heel is a lot more accepted then mine but whether boot or shoe all I have are 5" spike heels.

IF GIRLS CAN WEAR PANTS THEN I CAN WEAR HEELS

I ticked all choices, as i wear appropriate for the weather. For as long as your footwear is not at odds with the rest of your clothes, wear what you want. Once you've done streetheeling, refering to the guys here, different styles are easier to try. Caution, be sure the selected footwear is comfortable and appropriate for the walking you intend doing. If in doubt, carry another pair that are tried and tested. Have fun, strut your stuff, stuff those that think your odd because you probably are.

totter along into history

Only mules and clogs, 2 to 4 inches high. Most have a unisex or masculine front, no instep showing. Most have a block or slightly tapered heel, no stilettos. I can wear them everywhere and with everything. I always wear sheer pantyhose or opaque tights and very long pants or jeans. I get no looks or laughs. I get the feeling of wearing and walking in high heels. And best of all, my wife is cool with that style. Life is good. GWL

That is, more or less, what I do also. If you want to wear heels in any setting out in public, you've got to learn that there are some styles that are less obvious than others. But if you folllow the basics as noted by gwl1, you should have many happy hours walking through the public wearing your heels.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I only wear pumps. I get a huge buzz from wearing such shoes in public. I don't go for extreme heels, a nice two inch block hele is fine. I have tried slim heels but had the girly problem of getting them stuck in cracks, even more embarrassing if you are not a girl!!

DDWW - those MJs are similar to what I wear in public sometimes. Very nice.

I ticked everything except sandals as I don't really do those on the whole although a have a couple of pairs that I'd like to wear and plan to try and co-ordinate with my outfits this summer - weather permitting!

Heel-D - Freestyling since 2005