Pumps

Which footwear do you wear in public  

594 members have voted

1. 1. Which footwear do you wear in public

• Boots
    • Pumps
    • Sandals
    • Wedges

Sandals.. Heels, flats, thongs, slides, wedgies... Whatever looks nice and is comfortable. But I see that - according to the poll at least - us sandal wearers are in the minority. Wonder why, especially in the summer?? sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

... But I see that - according to the poll at least - us sandal wearers are in the minority. Wonder why, especially in the summer?? sf

Just a guess, but I am thinking there might be two reasons that are causing that skew.

1. A good number of male heelers here (but not all of course) lean a bit toward discretion and most high heel sandal styles are not too discreet in the styles I have found. With only a few exceptions, they are usually very feminine in appearance.

2. In many cases a man's foot looks kind of awkward and too rugged in strappy high heel sandals. I think feet need to be well groomed with nicely maintained nails (perhaps even painted) and definitely shaven feet to look good in these types of shoes.

Men can pull it off. I've started to take very nice care of my feet in the past year or two and I am pretty sure I could really pull it off without offending anyone :wave:. I just don't have the guts to do it just yet.

Also, don't get me wrong, I really do love strappy high heel sandals, they do look extremely sexy with the right feet in them.

Yes hhboots, If one is to wear sandals, especially hh sandals, your feet should look nice. I take care of my feet, applying lotion and using a callous file. I also get pedicures and finish with a clear coat. Some time I even wear a toe ring. My wife says that my feet look pretty for a guy... ha ha take care, sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

Sandals.. Heels, flats, thongs, slides, wedgies... Whatever looks nice and is comfortable. But I see that - according to the poll at least - us sandal wearers are in the minority. Wonder why, especially in the summer?? sf

I never found sandals that fit my look / look good on my feet.

It's simple as that.

I also suspect discretion is the reason that boots top the list. Some men I'll bet fear more showing their toes than their heels. Not only can man pull of wearing feminine style shoes but, if you take good care of your feet, and yes, paint your toes or at least get a nice French manicure- women will be drawn to you like you never imagined. Like the guy said in "40-year old Virgin". "I'm ugly as f..k and I can get get girls." Women, I think, admire someone who isn't afraid to show their personality, and they ALWAYS appreciate good hygiene and grooming. Try it and you'll bound to be surprised. HappyinHeels

• 2 weeks later...

Women, I think, admire someone who isn't afraid to show their personality, and they ALWAYS appreciate good hygiene and grooming. Try it and you'll bound to be surprised.

HappyinHeels

You are so correct. I really believe that women who have seen me in high heels have made the positive comments to me based, at least partially, on the outfit I am wearing and my overall groomed appearence with them.

I would have to agree with Roniheels and HappyinHeels. I generally wear pumps/ slingbacks by choice, and far more women show interest in me when I wear a skirt and coordinated attire than if I wear traditional mens trousers/ suits. They love that I groom my legs and feet. I usually match tie/ pocket squares, handbags, shoes and toenails. I wear sandals a bit but I find very high sandals cut into my toes too much for long wearing/walking. Women are always interested if I have painted toenails. The look overall will get you noticed, women appreciate it if you make an effort. Generally mens grooming is pretty basic compared to the fairer sex. Cheers Heel-Lover

I wear sandals a bit but I find very high sandals cut into my toes too much for long wearing/walking. Women are always interested if I have painted toenails.

Cheers

Heel-Lover

You're lucky women notice you. I can wear women's sandals with painted toenails, while wearing a skirt, and I don't get much attention at all here in the Dallas, Texas USA area.

• 3 months later...

You're lucky women notice you. I can wear women's sandals with painted toenails, while wearing a skirt, and I don't get much attention at all here in the Dallas, Texas USA area.

Hi John,

I get attention because of the whole look. I go for peep-toes and delicate heels, always stilettoed - all over 6inch no platforms, the higher the heel the better I feel. I coordinate heels, belts, ties & handbags. I generally dress corporate so skirt suits and high waisted fitted skirts are my norm. All my skirts are just above the knee or higher, some suit skirt hems are mid thigh. My legs are fully waxed, silky smooth and my toes pedicured.

Women notice the grooming, the coordination and the accessories.

Cheers

Heel-Lover

I just took the wife to dinner wearing my 4" heeled western boots from Miguel. I wear flaired jeans with mine with the bottom of the pants about 1/2" above the floor and have never have anyone give me any crap. It's all about walking confidently in them and I'd dare say that I can walk better than most females I see stuggling in similar heel heights. Being a bit muscular probably helps too. LOL Charlie

Everything I say is a lie!.......I'm lying

I find that a pair of black ankle boots with a needle sharp heel around 3" is most comfortable for walking and keeping composure. Think or at leastI've been told that I can walk naturally in moderate heels. A boot gives confidence and the sound the heels make is somewhat erotic.

I am with Charlie, I have some custom 4 inch western boots that I wear with Jeans. I also have some 3 inch heels that I bought at DSW - womens boots - weatern style. They pass easily for a males boot with a higher heel. I have had many compliments from women on these boots. I even ride my Harley with these boots on - feels great. Bern

I agree with Bern and Charlie. Streetheeling is easy in such boots. I recently acquired a pair of Naturalizer "Glassy" boots (leather with suede shaft). They're really easy to walk in, and they don't attract any extra attention, so a beginning heeler can feel comfortable wearing them. They are on sale now at

http://www.naturalizer.com/Shopping/ProductDetails.aspx?p=EC0224305&pg=3007539

for $99 (regular price was $149). Naturalizer even accepted and posted my review of the boots on the web site!

Steve

For those that don't want a "high" boot, you should look at the Naturalizer Giddy, an ankle boot: http://www.naturalizer.com/Shopping/ProductDetails.aspx?p=EC0224309&pg=3007540 . I did a side by side comparison, and from the ankle-down, they look about as identical as two different boots could be. I bought a pair last month, and they're a great pair of shoes to wear that attract little/no attention. The heels are stacked rubber, and there's a non-slip layer on the sole, making for an almost noiseless shoe.

If you're thinking about buying from Naturalizer, you should first sign up for their eClub. I did before my purchase, received a promo code for an additional discount I was able to stack on top of the sale price.

I look forward to have the guts on fully exposed my legs in a tiny mini skirt using crotch boots in black with a heel 5inch high, as many girls here are using thigh high boots, and is a trendy thing, then i will go further away with a crotch boot, very kinky, lets see if i will have the enough amount of motivation in order to achieve the goal and post the experience.

V. Morpho

As I usually go for streetheeling in the (darker) winter months boots are most approriate. I have a pair of 4 inch clogs which I would like to wear out next spring time. Going out in pumps would be the high end heeling experience for me - don´t know if I will ever get enough courage to do it... So I have voted for boots. Best regards Willi

• 4 weeks later...

morpho, If you wait until Halloween then you can wear exactly that outfit you described with no courage required. Otherwise, you could just tip a few and hit the streets...you do, after all live, in New York City. They may make fun of salsa made there but nobody denies that NYC is very heel-friendly.:) HappyinHeels

Today I went out in my 3" chunky heel loafers. I hadn't worn them much because they were so loud. I took them to a local shoe repair guy and he filled the hollow part of the heel with something and put on a softer rubber heel cap. Now, while they still produce a bit of clomp, it was not noticeable much at all, and I was much more comfortable in them. I had to go grocery shopping and to Sam's Club. I was out for a couple hours and walked quite a bit. I have to say that the more I wear heels, the more I sympathize with the ladies, as my feet were hurting after a while, and it felt good to sit down when given the chance. Now I admit that the heels are not overly high at 3", and they are thick, and that I wore pants that were intended to hide the heels, but the shoe style, if anyone would even look at the front portion of the shoe, is fairly feminine. I have to say, I did not notice anyone doing a double take or anything, and as one would expect, no one said anything. This was my most extensive time out in a highly public place, and it was great! I'll certainly be doing more of that with those shoes,a s they are quite discreet, but still give me the nice heel feeling as well as a bit of a feminine look. I did wear them with nylons, which also enhances the feeling for me. The attached picture is a very close style, but they are not the actual shoe. The pair in the picture appear to have somewhat lower heels, as mine are a full 3".

post-99-133522931611_thumb.jpg

Those are nice RonC! You should never have an issue with those. They're stylish in fact. I too do the jeans thing to hide the heel. With the thicker heels, it's less important though. I just ordered a pair of Lucky brand Elle size 11M's. There's a picture below. Not a bad price and I actually prefer a rubbery manmade sole. The uppers are leather and the heel height looks to be about 3.5". The heel is thick the way I like them. Charlie

post-48-133522931625_thumb.jpg

...I just ordered a pair of Lucky brand Elle size 11M's. There's a picture below...

Assuming I found the correct shoes, here's a link with larger (and more) views of the shoes. Website says they are 2 3/4" wooden heels, but who knows if that's correct. From the ankle-down, they look like totally passable boots.

Assuming I found the correct shoes, here's a link with larger (and more) views of the shoes. Website says they are 2 3/4" wooden heels, but who knows if that's correct. From the ankle-down, they look like totally passable boots.

I saw the website you're talking about and another one selling the same boot. One says 2 3/4" for the heel height and the other says 3 1/2". The pictures are the same in both websites and the view from the back of the boot is clearly a 3 1/2" heel height. Both sites state a wooden heel so that's likely correct. The sole of the boot is manmade material according to the one site that identifies it. I'll report back when I get them.

Charlie