can heels (all style) be masculine??

aussieheels1

Some styles, yes - that's a given. But no, not "all styles." That's absurd. I think some, overeager to push the more feminine styles for men, have done more damage than good when it comes to societal acceptance of men wearing the more masculine styles. This includes fashion designers who flaunt feminine heels on their models instead of simply inching up masculine heels each year.

Those who really care about us don't make a fuss about what we wear. Those who make a fuss about what we wear really don't care about us.

Some styles, yes - that's a given. But no, not "all styles." That's absurd.

I think some, overeager to push the more feminine styles for men, have done more damage than good when it comes to societal acceptance of men wearing the more masculine styles. This includes fashion designers who flaunt feminine heels on their models instead of simply inching up masculine heels each year.

Even though we all want to wear high heels as the individuals we are, there is always going to be different opinions about who can wear which type of heels. Our understanding of this comes from a society that has classified things like being either positive, negative, or neutral and other things as black, white, or gray, and etc. We know from experience that some things are not always true to their classification. Look at us if you need more proof. As males wanting to wear high heels, we are considered renegades or perverts. Males aren't suppose to have such desires in their minds, but here we are. Just because I like my high heels to be stilettos, presently worn by women, and you like the tapered block styled high heels usually found on cowboy boots, that are also worn by women, doesn't mean we are building a higher wall on the social turf for men to wear high heels. Most people haven't directly associated or even seen men in heels. Their information has come to them with the social bias they have been taught. If more sightings were publicly noted and if we would be more communicative in a non-aggressive dialogue when people inquire about our footwear, society wouldn't be so squeamish about high heeled men. Till then, the social walls will stay for those who can't think for themselves and the rest don't care because it isn't them and /or they realize it is the right of an individual to make their own choices from who they are. My greatest worry are the people who can't think on their own, for they have little regard for one's individual agency and they will usually follow the more popular attitudes around them and show contempt for anything showing a different train of thought or appearance.

What I meant, was, "wear what you want." Just wear what you want, because that's what you like, not to think you have to advance some agenda.

You'll be happier, others will be happier.

Those who really care about us don't make a fuss about what we wear. Those who make a fuss about what we wear really don't care about us.

I agree with kikepa's comments, especially concerning designers, but they are probably putting their models into feminine heels to draw attention to what is otherwise a lacklustre parade of rehashed designs that would otherwise not get any coverage from the press, precisely because mens fashion is so blooming limited - all round. On a more general note and the comments contained hereafter are not pointed at any particular member, just what seems to me to the majority. (General disclaimer to avoid flamming or anyone thinking I am having a go at them personally) I am still firmly of the opinion that to go from the currently available 7cm cuban heels (YSL, Gucci, Archie Eyebrows and now Fluevog), and seeing them is rare enough, to 4" stiletto heels in one bold move is really asking too much for society to accept in one swallow. Sure its the goal for many, but if you just sit on the side lines and moan about society this and society that and don't have the courage of your convictions and wear the heels you want, then nothing is going to change. If you don't have the courage, like myself, but you still want to wear heels, then broaden your outlook as there are lots of opportunities if you would but look. Sure you are compromising yourself, but then again, your sitting there moaning and I am out there wearing, along with several others on the board. The choice is yours. Simon

Are you confusing me with someone who gives a damn?

It's all in the frame of mind. I don't think heels make me look feminine....they improve my overall appearance period. Then again, I don't think of myself as masculine OR feminine.....I am just myself.

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!