Unsexy in the city

Puffer

According to the UK 'Daily Mail' (29 March):

'Sex and the City' star Sarah Jessica Parker is perplexed at being voted the unsexiest woman in the world by a men's magazine. But the reason is obvious. It's not the sexual smugness as she's teetered around in her Manolo Blahniks for the past decade, it's the Manolo Blahniks - an entire warehouse full of them. She boasts an Imelda Marcos-style collection of 1,000 pairs of designer shoes. For any man, the thought of spending every spare moment traipsing after even the pertest butt buying shoes is about as sexy as a cold shower.

I don't think I'll start a poll on this; I suspect that the final sentence describes our ideal pastime, pert butts (SJP's or otherwise) optional. (And I once knew a masochist who loved cold showers - so he always took hot ones.)

I did/do not watch SiTC to see SJP. I don't find her at all attractive. It's the rest of the crew that I come for. First is Kristin Davis who I call the secret fox. I especially liked the episode where she met the fetishist shoe salesman, then there was the one where she got involved with the guy who was only interested in one thing and all the other girls had tried him. Then there was the red-head whose most convincing episode was where she "pretended" to be gay. Her least convincing episodes were where she took a black lover. Then there was Samantha (Kim Cattrall). What else can I say. She was the jewel of the Hudson, just as real as she could be. I would love to know a woman like her. I'm sure she has as many shoes as SJP and she knows how to use them so you don't mind where she takes you with or for them.

it kinda show what a minority i must be in...... i don't particularly find SJP hot (compare to all celebrities/models out there)........ but then I hink i have a thing about her and her love for her heels... and this increase my attraction to her a little.... i would love it if my wife have the same passion for heels as me... even if they are not the same size, i would still be quite satisfied (maybe not in my wallet though ;) )

I did not state above that I found SJP (or her butt) of particular interest or attraction. What I did address was the concept contained in the last sentence: 'For any man, the thought of spending every spare moment traipsing after even the pertest butt buying shoes is about as sexy as a cold shower.'

Perhaps another posting I made this morning (#12 in http://www.hhplace.org/discuss/everybody/10493-own_up_time_ladies-2.html#post158933) has proved appropriate if not providential.

I did not state above that I found SJP (or her butt) of particular interest or attraction. What I did address was the concept contained in the last sentence: 'For any man, the thought of spending every spare moment traipsing after even the pertest butt buying shoes is about as sexy as a cold shower.'

Perhaps another posting I made this morning (#12 in http://www.hhplace.org/discuss/everybody/10493-own_up_time_ladies-2.html#post158933) has proved appropriate if not providential.

And my statement was that I would not mind at all traipsing after Kim's butt to buy shoes. Maybe after 20 or 30 years I'd get tired of it.

IMO Sarah Jessica Parker is ugly. Sure she wears some expensive, exotic clothes and shoes (or her character does) but the fact remains, she is not much of a looker. Jonathan Ross had it 100% right last Friday! SJP is one of those women that the media bang on and on about for years - about how stunningly attractive they are, etc. - when actually you would not look at them twice if they walked down your street. The same has been true of dozens of other female celebrities. Madonna? - yeah she's gorgous if you like flat-nosed, gap toothed, thick eyebrowed, pint-sized, boy-women. Tina Turner? - well lets just say Jerry Sadowitz had her measure. ditto Cher, Drew Barrymore, Helena Bonham Carter, 80% of the Spice Girls - the list goes on.

Always High-Heel Responsibly

I'm not mean! I just think the spice girls are repellant and a waste of space. And they are only average looking at best. To prove I'm not mean I will happily say that I find both Sarah Jessica Parker and Drew Barrymore extremely tasty.

Puffer: Glad you cleared that one up with the other thread. Even still, I think that this thread is strong enough to keep going for awhile, just based on interest (or lack of) in SJP or SITC.

I, for one, have enjoyed the show thoroughly (I may be a minority male here.) I would tune in just to see what those whacky girls come up with. And I would agree, SJC may not be the sexiest on the screen, but I'm perplexed as well as to why she would be considered the un-sexiest - with or without her shoes.

You could even do a poll, if you want: Which one is the sexiest: Carrie, Samantha, Miranda or Charlotte?

Dan

• 4 weeks later...

I have seen SJP in many movies and TV shows. When she was younger (Movie: "Girls Just Want to Have Fun {a young Helen Hunt was in that one, too}), I thought she was kind of cute. In my opinion, for what it is worth, she has not aged gracefully and she is not one of my favorites. Just one man's opinion.