Getting Your Feet Wet

amandahls

Hello Jane,

Given the fact that you do get your open toe heels and sandals wet, do you find your leather footwear getting ruined very quickly? Do you have specific pairs you wear just for the purpose of getting wet and then you save your nicer pairs for social or work functions that you try to keep dry?

One good thing about the leather boots I wear is that if they do get wet on the way to or from work, a quick wipe of an antiseptic cloth and they get restored pretty easily to their original shine.

Regarding getting makeup wet, that is one of my pet peeves! Ruined eye shadow is one of the worst as it can quickly turn a classy look into a very trashy, not work appropriate look. Umbrellas are critical over here, although I can't complain, we have had little rain lately. It is a comfortable +16C right now so no need to break out any coats. A long sleeve blouse will do fine.

Speaking of getting wet, have you ever worn socks over pantyhose and a pair of pumps when you got wet? The socks can cover up the glossyness of your pantyhose thus it won't be as visible that you are wet, although this does not seem like your style ;-)

On the topic of swimming in heels, do you even have any that won't fall off the moment you are in the water? .......... LOL While there is zero chance of my boots falling off in a pool, from the sounds of it, your sandals would be off in zero seconds flat. Strange as it sounds, I do wonder what it would be like trying to do a front crawl in my high heels LOL

I saw your car commercial. The actress got soooooooooooooooooo wet! How did her lipstick stay on properly???? How did your white clothes not get see through???

Heidi

Hi Heidi

Not sure cute... more strange! It is a strange enough thing to want to do anyway let alone being embarrassed about it. :) Black tights get really shiny when they are wet... doesn't mean anyone would notice though... they'd just notice the water pouring out of my shoes! :sad: I once wore some green tights in the bath (no shoes). They just went really dark but not really my colour... not sure why I had them! I stick with black and skin coloured tights. Wore some today with closed heels in the hope of an accidental wetting... but alas, no rain. My heels are all leather so don't think they look any different wet. It did rain quite heavily this morning but I was at work so missed the opportunity. What's the weather like in Germany now? I believe the weather might be a bit warmer and drier here over the weekend but no sign of our bbq summer yet.

Yesterday night was horrendous here - it was more like Autumn than summer so an umbrella would have been no use what so ever. I have a few coats I wear too but generally they aren't particularly waterproof and like you I'd rather keep my work clothes dry! At least until I am home! :D

I don't wear too much makeup but have had to redo it once or twice after getting caught out in the rain.

I've never been to a pool party but would certainly like to. And why Heidi didn't you jump in! :( Did anyone else? I think I'd just sit on the side of the pool and dangle my feet in... unless of course anyone jumped in then it would be rude not to follow suit. :) Now there's another think I hadn't thought of - swimming in heels! I think you are right, swimming in any kind of heel it would be hard to keep them on in the water. Something else to try... I am getting quite a list of challenges... bubble bath in my heels, swimming in my heels, getting black tights/shoes wet in public... need to start. :wave: Though have no idea where I could swim in heels!!!

Let me know what you think of the YouTube video.

Have you got any plans for the weekend?

Jane

x

Hi Heidi

Some shoes last better than others - I find the open toe ones last a bit longer though not sure why... could be cos the water escapes straightaway as opposed to being stuck in there with my toes! But generally speaking the water doesn't seem to do any of them too much harm too quickly. However, I did get seawater on a pair once and they ruined really quickly... not sure if it was the salt. I have a few pairs I have for the shower and bath yes, but the others I wear out and to work I get wet too. It feels "naughtier" getting them wet when you are out and about... if that makes sense. :)

It's about the same temp here today and sunny for once. Few clouds around but no rain I don't think. Might wear the old reliable flip flops today but need to paint my nails first! :)

The only time I have ever worn socks with heels was at a fancy dress night I went to and have never got them wet. I've had wet socks a few times but normally sweaty which I don't like. Not sure I would look good in socks and heels but there'd be a lot of squishing. :D Shall I add that to my list of things to try? :( And need to get you to get your toes out! ;-) Do you paint your toes?

I could wear a pair of my strappy sandals while swimming and they'd stay on! ;-) Would be tough to keep any other pair on though. You know, I really want to try that now... sounds like something I'd really enjoy... but have no idea where to do it. Sounds like you'd fancy that one too really! :wave: Though imagine what it would do to our makeup! ;-)

That advert is great isn't. I'd have like to have been the actress! :sad:

Jane

x

Hello Jane,

Given the fact that you do get your open toe heels and sandals wet, do you find your leather footwear getting ruined very quickly? Do you have specific pairs you wear just for the purpose of getting wet and then you save your nicer pairs for social or work functions that you try to keep dry?

One good thing about the leather boots I wear is that if they do get wet on the way to or from work, a quick wipe of an antiseptic cloth and they get restored pretty easily to their original shine.

Regarding getting makeup wet, that is one of my pet peeves! Ruined eye shadow is one of the worst as it can quickly turn a classy look into a very trashy, not work appropriate look. Umbrellas are critical over here, although I can't complain, we have had little rain lately. It is a comfortable +16C right now so no need to break out any coats. A long sleeve blouse will do fine.

Speaking of getting wet, have you ever worn socks over pantyhose and a pair of pumps when you got wet? The socks can cover up the glossyness of your pantyhose thus it won't be as visible that you are wet, although this does not seem like your style ;-)

On the topic of swimming in heels, do you even have any that won't fall off the moment you are in the water? .......... LOL While there is zero chance of my boots falling off in a pool, from the sounds of it, your sandals would be off in zero seconds flat. Strange as it sounds, I do wonder what it would be like trying to do a front crawl in my high heels LOL

I saw your car commercial. The actress got soooooooooooooooooo wet! How did her lipstick stay on properly???? How did your white clothes not get see through???

Heidi

Hello Jane,

It sure looks like our goals are different. You love to get your sandals wet when it rains, in a public fountain or in the shower. I go all out to try to keep myself as dry as possible including looking paying extra € so that the pair of high heel boots I get is both stylish and water resistant. At the office, I usually wear two pairs of pantyhose first before layering on a pair of wool socks inside my boots. This sometimes causes me to sweat. Do you think I should wear my wool socks up against my skin before putting the two pairs of pantyhose over top? I heard that wool is really good at absorbing moisture.

If you do try wearing your sandals with pantyhose and socks in the water fountain, let us know how it goes. However, you might not get dry for quite a while after getting that many items wet!

Regarding painting my nails, I don't do it since mine are always covered.

It is the weekend, I am going casual and am wearing less then usual. I am going to give my ankles a break from having been in heels all day so I am wearing a frilly cowgirl outfit today, complete with white blouse, denim vest, denim skirt and a pair of calf high cowgirl boots. What are you wearing over the weekend?

Heidi

Hi Heidi

Some shoes last better than others - I find the open toe ones last a bit longer though not sure why... could be cos the water escapes straightaway as opposed to being stuck in there with my toes! But generally speaking the water doesn't seem to do any of them too much harm too quickly. However, I did get seawater on a pair once and they ruined really quickly... not sure if it was the salt. I have a few pairs I have for the shower and bath yes, but the others I wear out and to work I get wet too. It feels "naughtier" getting them wet when you are out and about... if that makes sense. :)

It's about the same temp here today and sunny for once. Few clouds around but no rain I don't think. Might wear the old reliable flip flops today but need to paint my nails first! :)

The only time I have ever worn socks with heels was at a fancy dress night I went to and have never got them wet. I've had wet socks a few times but normally sweaty which I don't like. Not sure I would look good in socks and heels but there'd be a lot of squishing. :D Shall I add that to my list of things to try? :( And need to get you to get your toes out! ;-) Do you paint your toes?

I could wear a pair of my strappy sandals while swimming and they'd stay on! ;-) Would be tough to keep any other pair on though. You know, I really want to try that now... sounds like something I'd really enjoy... but have no idea where to do it. Sounds like you'd fancy that one too really! :wave: Though imagine what it would do to our makeup! ;-)

That advert is great isn't. I'd have like to have been the actress! :sad:

Jane

x

Hi Heidi

LOL, it does doesn't it. I hasten to add I don't go out all the time looking to get my feet wet. :irked: I do have other hobbies, sports, etc... honest. :smile: If I wore the layers you wore I would be saturated, whatever part of my body it was... wool is definitely more absorbant but I think it would rub more against your feet and probably make them sore... :cry1: It's worth a try though if you do suffer with sweat.

I will put some socks and tights on with my heeled sandals tomorrow and get them wet... but it will be at home after work. :smile: Any particular colour of socks and tights? I'm really looking forward to it... other than the wet feet walk at lunchtime last week I haven't given my feet a proper "dressed" soaking for quite a while. :smile: I will probably shower in them but might have a bath if it is cool enough... weather looking quite at the moment though and was pleasantly warm today.

Have to say I have been lounging around most of the day in an oversized t-shirt with nothing else on. When I went out later in the afternoon it was a t-shirt with knee length skirt as it was really warm so needed something loose. And really sorry but the flip flops got another wearing. Actually got my feet a bit damp cos I walked past someone's garden where a sprinkler was on their front lawn and it was spraying across the pavement... just a splashing though... :smile:

Do you sleep barefooted or do you have some special night time boots? :smile:

Jane

x

Hello Jane,

It sure looks like our goals are different. You love to get your sandals wet when it rains, in a public fountain or in the shower. I go all out to try to keep myself as dry as possible including looking paying extra € so that the pair of high heel boots I get is both stylish and water resistant. At the office, I usually wear two pairs of pantyhose first before layering on a pair of wool socks inside my boots. This sometimes causes me to sweat. Do you think I should wear my wool socks up against my skin before putting the two pairs of pantyhose over top? I heard that wool is really good at absorbing moisture.

If you do try wearing your sandals with pantyhose and socks in the water fountain, let us know how it goes. However, you might not get dry for quite a while after getting that many items wet!

Regarding painting my nails, I don't do it since mine are always covered.

It is the weekend, I am going casual and am wearing less then usual. I am going to give my ankles a break from having been in heels all day so I am wearing a frilly cowgirl outfit today, complete with white blouse, denim vest, denim skirt and a pair of calf high cowgirl boots. What are you wearing over the weekend?

Heidi

Hi Jane,

Given the fact that it is high summer now, have you ever walked by a lawn sprinkler and been tempted to jump or at least stick your feet over the part that sprays out water to cool them off?

I had a pair of boots that had a shiny silver metallic heel. It was really hot one day and I had to walk outside longer then expected due to a breakdown with the public transit. I walked by a golf course sprinkler that changed direction all of a sudden. It caught me a little bit off guard and I did get sprayed, although my dress did not end up too wet. When water splashed onto my metallic heel, I heard a "hisss" sound of water turning to vapour. It turns out that the metallic boot heels were really hot with their exposure to the sun. When I touched the other heel, it was very very hot to the touch!

I think wearing heels with a different colour pantyhose and a different colour sock is really sexy. I love the bright pink pump with black pantyhose and white socks look for example. As for your attempt ...... *devilish grin on my face* ....... what do you think of a pair of suntan pantyhose with pink socks along with your sandals for getting all wet?

For the spring, I have been sleeping in just one pair of socks but lately, it has been getting awfully warm so I sleep barefoot. The cushioning inside my boots is mainly so I can wear high heels with less discomfort. It is a very warm 24C here today so I am no longer wearing my knee high boots. I only have on a pair of ankle boots with lower heel since I have to go with less padding due to heat. Are you still wearing flip flops or sandals out today?

Heidi

Hi Heidi

LOL, it does doesn't it. I hasten to add I don't go out all the time looking to get my feet wet. :irked: I do have other hobbies, sports, etc... honest. :smile: If I wore the layers you wore I would be saturated, whatever part of my body it was... wool is definitely more absorbant but I think it would rub more against your feet and probably make them sore... :cry1: It's worth a try though if you do suffer with sweat.

I will put some socks and tights on with my heeled sandals tomorrow and get them wet... but it will be at home after work. :smile: Any particular colour of socks and tights? I'm really looking forward to it... other than the wet feet walk at lunchtime last week I haven't given my feet a proper "dressed" soaking for quite a while. :smile: I will probably shower in them but might have a bath if it is cool enough... weather looking quite at the moment though and was pleasantly warm today.

Have to say I have been lounging around most of the day in an oversized t-shirt with nothing else on. When I went out later in the afternoon it was a t-shirt with knee length skirt as it was really warm so needed something loose. And really sorry but the flip flops got another wearing. Actually got my feet a bit damp cos I walked past someone's garden where a sprinkler was on their front lawn and it was spraying across the pavement... just a splashing though... :smile:

Do you sleep barefooted or do you have some special night time boots? :smile:

Jane

x

Hi Heidi

LOL, I have definitely been tempted but never actually gone and stuck my feet into one directly... I think I'd end up getting soaked! :irked:

Love that story, it must have been a really hot day though I suppose metal does absorb heat more quickly.

Consider it done... sadly won't be today as got home from work late and am exhausted so will head to bed soon - will do that in the shower tomorrow. I have nice little ankle socks that are pink and suntan coloured tights so I'm ready. Heeled sandals are also ready and waiting - the ones I will wear are black. And of course my pink/red painted toenails... hoping they show through. Looking forward to it and will be thinking of that devilish grin on your face. :smile: I will report back tomorrow.

It has been up to about 23C here today aswell so sounds like similar weather... thought it might rain at one point but it didn't. Wow, you really do get your feet out sometimes then. :smile: If only at night... and I assume in the bath/shower!? :smile: I am always barefoot at night - spend most of the time barefoot at home. I wore closed black heels today which was actually not such a good idea cos it was so warm... got sweaty feet which meant they slipped around in my heels... strangely don't like that... yet stand me in water with the heels on and that is great! :smile: Will wear my strappy sandals to work tomorrow... the same ones I will enjoy in the shower tomorrow evening... but not pink socks or pantyhose to work! :smile:

How hot would it have to get for you not to wear boots during the day?

Jane

X

Hi Jane,

Given the fact that it is high summer now, have you ever walked by a lawn sprinkler and been tempted to jump or at least stick your feet over the part that sprays out water to cool them off?

I had a pair of boots that had a shiny silver metallic heel. It was really hot one day and I had to walk outside longer then expected due to a breakdown with the public transit. I walked by a golf course sprinkler that changed direction all of a sudden. It caught me a little bit off guard and I did get sprayed, although my dress did not end up too wet. When water splashed onto my metallic heel, I heard a "hisss" sound of water turning to vapour. It turns out that the metallic boot heels were really hot with their exposure to the sun. When I touched the other heel, it was very very hot to the touch!

I think wearing heels with a different colour pantyhose and a different colour sock is really sexy. I love the bright pink pump with black pantyhose and white socks look for example. As for your attempt ...... *devilish grin on my face* ....... what do you think of a pair of suntan pantyhose with pink socks along with your sandals for getting all wet?

For the spring, I have been sleeping in just one pair of socks but lately, it has been getting awfully warm so I sleep barefoot. The cushioning inside my boots is mainly so I can wear high heels with less discomfort. It is a very warm 24C here today so I am no longer wearing my knee high boots. I only have on a pair of ankle boots with lower heel since I have to go with less padding due to heat. Are you still wearing flip flops or sandals out today?

Heidi

Hi Jane,

Speaking of sprinklers, one year we had a school trip to the Zoologischer Garten Berlin which is a massive zoo & botanical garden in Berlin. It was really hot that day, well above +30C and a good portion of the exhibits were outdoors. To cool off zoo visitors, they set up lawn sprinklers to spray a light water mist into the air. Many overheated zoo visitors jumped into the cool water mist to cool off, getting all their clothes and shoes wet. A lot of people got their high heels wet that day, including my teacher, Ms Schultheiss even jumped into the sprinkler's mist and her shiny black heels and pantyhose got sprayed. I got my face (I didn't wear makeup in highschool) and shirt wet but I was wearing sneakers and was glad they were dry :cry1:

Suntan pantyhose with bright pink socks and black high heel sandals does sound like an interesting combination. Maybe one day you will be daring and even try getting that combination wet in public?

At home, I sometimes continue to wear the pair of high heel boots I wore at work, sometimes I change to comfortable Uggs, other times I just walk around in just my socks and pantyhose. You say you walk around barefoot most of the time, do you not feel like that makes your feet dirty? I know I am probably in the minority though as most others walk around barefoot at home, right?

Regarding how hot it would be for me to not wear boots during the day, well, I was thinking, if the temperature got up to or near 30C, I can wear those open toe boots ......... at what temperature does it have to drop to before you wear boots Jane?

Heidi

Hi Heidi

LOL, I have definitely been tempted but never actually gone and stuck my feet into one directly... I think I'd end up getting soaked! :irked:

Love that story, it must have been a really hot day though I suppose metal does absorb heat more quickly.

Consider it done... sadly won't be today as got home from work late and am exhausted so will head to bed soon - will do that in the shower tomorrow. I have nice little ankle socks that are pink and suntan coloured tights so I'm ready. Heeled sandals are also ready and waiting - the ones I will wear are black. And of course my pink/red painted toenails... hoping they show through. Looking forward to it and will be thinking of that devilish grin on your face. :smile: I will report back tomorrow.

It has been up to about 23C here today aswell so sounds like similar weather... thought it might rain at one point but it didn't. Wow, you really do get your feet out sometimes then. :smile: If only at night... and I assume in the bath/shower!? :smile: I am always barefoot at night - spend most of the time barefoot at home. I wore closed black heels today which was actually not such a good idea cos it was so warm... got sweaty feet which meant they slipped around in my heels... strangely don't like that... yet stand me in water with the heels on and that is great! :smile: Will wear my strappy sandals to work tomorrow... the same ones I will enjoy in the shower tomorrow evening... but not pink socks or pantyhose to work! :smile:

How hot would it have to get for you not to wear boots during the day?

Jane

X

Hi Heidi That sounds like great fun. I wish I'd been there. Don't think we ever had any school trips that were that much fun! I remember trips to historic houses and things like that which weren't really my thing... there was never any sprinklers though. Having said that, used to hate getting anything wet when I was younger so probably would have avoided the sprinklers if I had been on the trip with you. :irked: I'm afraid I failed again tonight... was late home again. :smile: I did wear the sandals to work and had every intention of giving them a soaking tonight with tights and pinks socks. Will definitely do after work tomorrow if they let me go home at a reasonable hour! Was really looking forward to it... :smile: I even painted my toes last night in preparation... Mmm, not sure I will ever get up the nerve to do it in public... especially wearing pink socks with black heeled sandals... though you never know... :smile: I either walk around at home in socks or just barefeet yes. My friends tend to do the same. Sometimes I wear tights around the house if I have been wearing them at work but tend to want to get them off when I get home. My feet definitely get dirty cos I am guilty of walking in and out of the house in barefeet too. And wearing flipflops definitely leads to dirty feet, especially if it's really dusty out and about during warm weather. Ah, so you would get your toes out! :smile: A comprimise cos you would still be wearing boots. Would you wear any tights and socks or let your toes be free? Though I love wearing heels with the chance of some wet feet I do wear boots if it really starts to get cold... probably below 5C or 6C. I once stupidly wore my peeptoes with tights after snow... it turned to slush when I went out at lunchtime... though I got soaking wet heels and tights, it was horrible cos it was so cold and I thought my toes were going to fall off. I had to go to the ladies back at work and put my feet (still in tights!) in a basin of warm water so I could feel them again. Since then I tend to wear boots if it's that cold. Jane X

I’m rejoining this conversation after it has moved on a little, but there are a few things I’ve got to comment on whilst it’s reasonably fresh in my mind. No, I’ve never fancied getting shampoo in my shoes – it’s the sticky residue I don’t like the idea of, that and the slimy texture it sometimes has. Water only for me, thank you. Many years ago when I was at University I had a boyfriend who liked to watch me washing my hair in the shower whilst wearing a raincoat. He’d just sit there on the edge of the bath watching the suds run down my coat. I didn’t mind, but it got to be a bit of a chore after a while, as the coat took ages to stop dripping – we used to have to leave it hanging up over a washing up bowl.

Getting wet, or being wet, in public isn’t that difficult. Once you’ve stopped leaving a trail of droplets it isn’t particularly obvious. Over the last year or so I’ve been wearing leggings a lot, and they’re a stretchy shiny fabric, so you can hardly tell if they’re wet in most cases. What’s noticeable is if you have a ‘tidemark’ between the wet bit and the dry bit where the fabric goes a different colour. With clothes like that, you’ve just got to get the whole thing wet. Jeans are case in point. In my teenage years my parents used to get angry if I came home wet. But I discovered that if there wasn’t an obvious contrast they didn’t notice. A quick dip up to the waistband, and that was me sorted. I did nearly get caught out once when I came home from an afternoon out where we’d played in the fountain ad my mother decided that we’d got to go in the car to visit my grandparents. With the sun streaming in through the windows and the warmth from my thighs, my jeans started steaming. In response to my mother’s questioning, I said that I must have splashed myself accidentally in the kitchen, and I think I got away with it.

I‘ve had no more serious fountain play since I last contributed to this thread but did take my shoes off and dangle my feet in the water on Nottingham University campus a few days ago. I had gone there for a meeting and had half an hour or so to wait and found a little water feature that suited my purposes nicely. I didn’t get my shoes wet because I was about to go to a meeting with posh people I didn’t know and didn’t want to give the wrong impression. Maybe when I go out I need to take a spare pair of shoes. One to look respectable in, and another to play in.

Alexa

Hi Jane, Alexa,

Alexa, how come you are screaming in all caps? I hope the 'caps lock' is not stuck on your keyboard. Good to have you back, malfunctioning keyboard or not :cry1:

Jane, poor you, it sounds like you are pulling long hours every single day this week. Regarding wearing socks, pantyhose and sandals out, I agree, pink socks is a very daring colour. If you were to do it, you can probably go out with black pantyhose, black ankle socks and black high heeled sandals. Or perhaps white everything. Do you think if you wore white pantyhose, socks and sandals, everything would become see through when wet?

Speaking on the topic of wearing bright coloured socks with black heels, Jane, do you want me to wear bright pink socks with my suntan pantyhose to work one day this week so you won't be the only one wearing that combination? :smile:

One advantage of keeping my feet in a firmly enclosed environment is that my skin stays super soft inside my pantyhose, socks and boots. That plus they stay clean of debris and dust. The flip side of the coin is that they do sometimes get sweaty and the skin is not hardened like those who wear sandals a lot so they tend to get knicks and scapes more easily then one with hardened skin. When wearing heels, my feet are at an angle but the padding prevents calluses from forming as it really does make wearing heels more comfortable.

It is a cool 14C right now here along the northwest coast of Germany. The low temperatures have me wearing a pair of tall black leather, knee high boots with 3.5" heels. It was rainy when I got off work, good thing the rubber treads on the forefoot area of my boot help keep me stable. Do you have any heels with really good treads on the bottom for when it is slippery Jane & Alexa? ....... As for getting wet, there are some splash droplets of water on my leather boots but good thing my feet inside are dry and toasty warm.

Alexa, when playing in public fountains in your high heeled sandals, you have managed to get your jeans soaked thoroughly as well?

Heidi

Hi Heidi

That sounds like great fun. I wish I'd been there. Don't think we ever had any school trips that were that much fun! I remember trips to historic houses and things like that which weren't really my thing... there was never any sprinklers though. Having said that, used to hate getting anything wet when I was younger so probably would have avoided the sprinklers if I had been on the trip with you. :irked:

I'm afraid I failed again tonight... was late home again. :smile: I did wear the sandals to work and had every intention of giving them a soaking tonight with tights and pinks socks. Will definitely do after work tomorrow if they let me go home at a reasonable hour! Was really looking forward to it... :smile: I even painted my toes last night in preparation... Mmm, not sure I will ever get up the nerve to do it in public... especially wearing pink socks with black heeled sandals... though you never know... :smile:

I either walk around at home in socks or just barefeet yes. My friends tend to do the same. Sometimes I wear tights around the house if I have been wearing them at work but tend to want to get them off when I get home. My feet definitely get dirty cos I am guilty of walking in and out of the house in barefeet too. And wearing flipflops definitely leads to dirty feet, especially if it's really dusty out and about during warm weather.

Ah, so you would get your toes out! :smile: A comprimise cos you would still be wearing boots. Would you wear any tights and socks or let your toes be free? Though I love wearing heels with the chance of some wet feet I do wear boots if it really starts to get cold... probably below 5C or 6C. I once stupidly wore my peeptoes with tights after snow... it turned to slush when I went out at lunchtime... though I got soaking wet heels and tights, it was horrible cos it was so cold and I thought my toes were going to fall off. I had to go to the ladies back at work and put my feet (still in tights!) in a basin of warm water so I could feel them again. Since then I tend to wear boots if it's that cold.

Jane

X

That's funny, it doesn't show up as capitals on my screen. Not when I posted it, and not now. I don't tend to buy sandals myself. As I think I've said elsewhere I've got maybe one pair of leather flip flops gathering dust at the back of a cupboard somewhere and that's all. So everything that's been in the water with me has been closed toe. Hence my tipping the water out when I've finished. I haven't got completely soaked in a pond or pool outdoors for many years, probably not since I was a student. At home or at work I spend a good deal of time sitting at a desk, so I tend to slip my shoes off, if it can be easily done. I tend to put them back on again if I need to get up and walk around, especially now that my feet are more comfortable at an angle. I've just got up from my desk and put the kettle in the office on, and didn't put my shoes on for that, but I would if I were venturing down the corridor. Yes, a grippy sole is an advantage, in the water and out of it - hence my enjoyment of my New Rock Hells just now. As I've said elsewhere, I'm tempted to get the strappy pump version of this too, and maybe the calf length boot, as the latter will take me nicely through the winter months. So much footwear, so little time . . . Alexa

Hi Heidi and Alexa Sorry for being absent... work a bit mad and my boss is on holiday. So yes, pulling some long hours. :-( But home now and it's the weekend - yay! :irked: Btw, I also didn't see the caps lock being on... looks normal to me too... Great to have you back Alexa. :smile: I'm not sure about the shampoo in my shoes either but I'll give it a go. With regards getting wet in public... it's the squish squelch back at work too that would be a bit of a giveaway. I tend to wear skirts so could probably hide the wet tights and shoes, especially if they are black, but the squelching might be a bit obvious... Alexa, you should have just gone for it at Nottingham, squelched into the meeting. :smile: But yes, otherwise you should take some "play shoes". Heidi, afraid I haven't had chance to get my sandals wet yet... :smile: but fully intend to this weekend. I am sure they will go see through... hope so, cos like to see my painted toes! :smile: I will report back... will try to do tomorrow... due to rain tomorrow too I think... opportunity knocks... Has it warmed up in Germany yet for those toeless boots you were promising? Like Alexa, I tend to slip my shoes off if possible at work. Regarding types of shoes for getting wet... I'm torn... I love seeing my toes get wet, hence my peeptoes... but also love the water getting stuck around my toes in closed shoes like Alexa - and yes, you can emtpy them and do it again. Ahh, choices, choices... Hope you both have a great weekend. Jane X

I’ve been over to Birmingham this morning for a quick coffee and trip round the shops with an old friend. It was raining and I had some strappy platform pumps on – the Pleaser ‘Teeze’ style, for those of you who are interested – and I certainly felt the tops of my feet getting wet and the rain water working its way down inside my shoes. I didn’t go paddling as I’m unsure how these shoes would stand being soaked and I don’t want to damage them; plus my friend is rather more straitlaced and older than me. The platform under the balls of my feet kept me clear of the surface water. Mind you, they’re well over a year old now, so maybe I could start experimenting with them. They’ve got a harder sole and a smaller heel area than my New Rocks, so they’d be more of a challenge to stay upright on in the water. But on a hot day maybe that could be even more fun.

Regarding Jane’s experience, I’ve found that not all shoes squelch to the same extent when wet. Some of them, especially a few pairs of ballet flats I’ve owned, are more or less silent. In a quiet office it might be conspicuous, but outdoors with the background noise of people and traffic, it’s hard to tell. People’s shoes make all kinds of noises anyway – the slap of flip flop styles against the wearer’s foot, the clatter of hard high heel points on tiled floors, the various squeaks, squelches and farting noises that people’s shoes make even when they’re perfectly dry. So in the grand scheme of things, a little mischievous squelch here and there probably isn’t too much of a problem.

Hope this doesn't show up in capitals too!

Alexa

I love that when the rain slowly splashes my exposed foot and drips make their way into the shoe... you should have gone for a paddle anyway Alexa! :smile: LOL, I wonder what your friend's reaction would have been... maybe she would have joined you. Was she wearing footwear suitable for a fountain paddle?

You are absolutely right Alexa, it is only the office where anyone is likely to notice any squelching noises. I laughed when I read farting noises - not just cos I am totally immature but also cos it is so true and I even had a pair of trainers once which did just that. :irked:

Heidi, I did it! The sandals, pink socks and tights in the shower - loved it. Sad to report the pink socks were more dark than seethrough so could clearly make out the shape of my toes but couldn't see my painted toes so well. So had to take off my heels, peel off the pink socks and put my heels back on with just tights... ah, that was better... much better view of my wet toes! :smile:

Pleased to report I also got caught in a downpour this morning but annoyingly was wearing trainers as I was out for a jog. Damn. Clearly should have been jogging in heels. Got really wet trainers and socks but I really don't enjoy that as much... not sure why... any soakings your way today Alexa?

Jane

X

I’ve been over to Birmingham this morning for a quick coffee and trip round the shops with an old friend. It was raining and I had some strappy platform pumps on – the Pleaser ‘Teeze’ style, for those of you who are interested – and I certainly felt the tops of my feet getting wet and the rain water working its way down inside my shoes. I didn’t go paddling as I’m unsure how these shoes would stand being soaked and I don’t want to damage them; plus my friend is rather more straitlaced and older than me. The platform under the balls of my feet kept me clear of the surface water. Mind you, they’re well over a year old now, so maybe I could start experimenting with them. They’ve got a harder sole and a smaller heel area than my New Rocks, so they’d be more of a challenge to stay upright on in the water. But on a hot day maybe that could be even more fun.

Regarding Jane’s experience, I’ve found that not all shoes squelch to the same extent when wet. Some of them, especially a few pairs of ballet flats I’ve owned, are more or less silent. In a quiet office it might be conspicuous, but outdoors with the background noise of people and traffic, it’s hard to tell. People’s shoes make all kinds of noises anyway – the slap of flip flop styles against the wearer’s foot, the clatter of hard high heel points on tiled floors, the various squeaks, squelches and farting noises that people’s shoes make even when they’re perfectly dry. So in the grand scheme of things, a little mischievous squelch here and there probably isn’t too much of a problem.

Hope this doesn't show up in capitals too!

Alexa

I have a meeting in Nottingham tomorrow (Monday) which should finish fairly early and give me an opportunity to visit the city centre with its fancy water features. Maybe with Jane's encouragement I might get up to mischief. I shall let you know. . . Alexa

Hello Jane, Alexa, Sorry for the late reply, I was partying all weekend. I first went to a summer harvest festival that celebrates the crops of fresh fruits and vegetables we have over the summer. I wore a loose long white summer dress along with suntan pantyhose and a pair of skin tone knee high boots with 3" heels. If you weren't really focusing on my attire at all, it looked like I was just wearing a a white summer dress and nothing else. It felt good that everyone thought I was 3" taller then I really was as no one noticed my heels due to the fact that my pantyhose and boots was flesh tone :irked: From 11pm to 3am, I was at a wave party which is similar to a rave party but with no drugs or neon body paint. Part of the event was held in hall with very powerful air conditioning while the other part of the event was held outdoors in the cool summer nights by the ocean. Outside, the temperature fell to about 15C. I was actually dancing and drinking for most of the time there. Pretty impressive for someone wearing high heeled boots and drinking lots of lavaflow cocktails (Hawaiian rum, coconut rum, strawberries, banana, pineapple mixed together). To offset the high heels as I was dancing for an extended period of time, I wore two layers of dancers pantyhose and one pair of thick wool socks. That was okay but it got a little sweaty as my pantyhose got all damp from the dancing I was doing, even though the environment was cool. After the party, I got home and crashed on the couch without even changing. When I woke up, my feet felt quite hot and my pantyhose was quite wet as I had on my knee high boots for the entire night. When I took my boots and socks off, my damp pantyhose was making my floor tiles wet. Thus today, I wore high heeled pumps to work as I wanted to cool off my feet after a hot weekend although I am regretting it as it is a mere 20C today. I will probaby go to my car at lunch time and swap my pumps for a pair of knee high boots and a pair of wool socks inside my boots. With my pumps and three layers of pantyhose on though, my feet are at least very dry, no sweat whatsoever. Jane, it sounds like you had a fun adventure taking your sandals, pink socks and pantyhose into the water! Does pantyhose hold water very well? I am guessing skintone pantyhose is super see through when wet, right? Is the weather doing to be dry or wet this week in England Alexa & Jane? Heidi

Hi Heidi and Alexa

Did you manage to fill those heels today Alexa? I can report I certainly did. Weather here has been appalling and I went out at lunch and completely filled my shoes! There was a huge puddle in the supermarket car park near work that I simply couldn't avoid and had to walk through it... heels and tights! Water was literally squirting out of shoes as walked into the store, it was wonderful! :smile:) And I wasn't the only one!

Blimey Heidi, you have had a busy weekend. Were you back at work today or did you have a day off to recover? Sounds like you had a lot of fun though. And you still manage to keep those boots and multiple layers on. :irked: Sorry, just re-read and saw you were at work today. So you weren't tempted to go for a paddle in the sea then in your boots... I would have... sure Alexa would have joined me... :smile:

I love soaking my heels in the shower at the weekend. Tights don't hold water very well, not like socks. They were very transparent... but then I suppose they were dry too. It's got me in the mood for doing it again... especially after padding around in wet shoes and tights all afternoon... though my feet and toes were prunes!

Weather in the UK is pretty poor at the moment, especially for July. Obviously it's opportunity for some heel filling but I would love to have some more hot weather. Obviously even had to wear tights today cos it is so cool over here... though got to get them VERY wet! :smile: Is it any better in Germany right now?

Jane

X

Hello Jane, Alexa,

Sorry for the late reply, I was partying all weekend. I first went to a summer harvest festival that celebrates the crops of fresh fruits and vegetables we have over the summer. I wore a loose long white summer dress along with suntan pantyhose and a pair of skin tone knee high boots with 3" heels. If you weren't really focusing on my attire at all, it looked like I was just wearing a a white summer dress and nothing else. It felt good that everyone thought I was 3" taller then I really was as no one noticed my heels due to the fact that my pantyhose and boots was flesh tone :smile:

From 11pm to 3am, I was at a wave party which is similar to a rave party but with no drugs or neon body paint. Part of the event was held in hall with very powerful air conditioning while the other part of the event was held outdoors in the cool summer nights by the ocean. Outside, the temperature fell to about 15C. I was actually dancing and drinking for most of the time there. Pretty impressive for someone wearing high heeled boots and drinking lots of lavaflow cocktails (Hawaiian rum, coconut rum, strawberries, banana, pineapple mixed together). To offset the high heels as I was dancing for an extended period of time, I wore two layers of dancers pantyhose and one pair of thick wool socks. That was okay but it got a little sweaty as my pantyhose got all damp from the dancing I was doing, even though the environment was cool.

After the party, I got home and crashed on the couch without even changing. When I woke up, my feet felt quite hot and my pantyhose was quite wet as I had on my knee high boots for the entire night. When I took my boots and socks off, my damp pantyhose was making my floor tiles wet. Thus today, I wore high heeled pumps to work as I wanted to cool off my feet after a hot weekend although I am regretting it as it is a mere 20C today. I will probaby go to my car at lunch time and swap my pumps for a pair of knee high boots and a pair of wool socks inside my boots. With my pumps and three layers of pantyhose on though, my feet are at least very dry, no sweat whatsoever.

Jane, it sounds like you had a fun adventure taking your sandals, pink socks and pantyhose into the water! Does pantyhose hold water very well? I am guessing skintone pantyhose is super see through when wet, right?

Is the weather doing to be dry or wet this week in England Alexa & Jane?

Heidi

I got up to mischief yesterday. After my meeting was over I got a taxi to the city centre. It wasn’t particularly hot – rather overcast in fact - and there were only a couple of little girls paddling in the water feature. I went and got a take away coffee at a nearby café, balanced it on some ornamental railings by the fountain and set to work. This water feature has a number of jets that rise and fall, and whilst there isn’t a pond as such, there’s ample opportunity for getting wet. I went and stood by one of the smaller jets, knowing that it would soon rise again. I shut my eyes and heard the water spattering towards me and felt a sudden shock as it drenched my shins and filled my shoes. At the apex of its cycle, the jet of water soaked the front of my skirt, but as I’d worn a black one with a kind of diaphanous gauzy overskirt, it didn’t show too badly. After the water jet had risen and fallen a couple of times, I turned round and revelled in the feel of the water splattering on the backs of my calves and filling my heel cups. I was wearing my Pleaser Teeze platforms, which narrowly escaped a soaking a few days ago. I thought I might as well try them out in the water because they’re a budget shoe and it wouldn’t be catastrophic if they were damaged. Because they have three straps across the top of my foot, I didn’t undo them straight away and tip the water out. I sat on a little wall and squidged my feet around in the water in the toe boxes and drank my coffee which had cooled down by this time. I squelched my way through a shopping street, an indoor precinct, and on to the station, where as luck would have it, a train was just about to leave for my home town. Once on the train I undid the straps and laid my shoes on their sides to drain out on the carpet. Naughty, I know, but it’s certainly no worse than if someone spills a drink. They felt cool and clammy when I put them on again, which was a nice change from being warm and sticky after my meeting, and now they’re drying out on the spare bedroom windowsill. They don’t seem to have come to any harm, fortunately. Maybe the patent effect is a little less shiny, but the glue and stitching look like they’ve held up nicely. They look cleaner inside too, so hopefully this little adventure will have freshened them up a bit.

So that was my day yesterday.

Alexa

Hi Jane, Alexa,

Jane, a huge puddle at the supermarket car park? I take it the puddle was fairly deep for the water to seep into your sandals given the elevation of the heel? ....... As you know, I like to stay dry and when I am forced to wade through wet puddles, I oftentimes am very glad I have on high heels as the heel goes in the water but for the most part, my foot, being elevated by the heel, stays mostly out of the water!

Alexa, standing on top of the water jet nozzle at the fountain and waiting for the water to spray out sounds fun! Given the power those water jets spray with, I am guessing your Pleaser sandals got thoroughly soaked but did the rest of your clothes get soaked as well?

Have the two of you ever consider going to a children's splash pad where they have lots of water jets and playing in the water there? I've attached a link to such a water play area. I think you two could have a lot of fun in such a place :irked:

http://www.chinohills.com/images/articles/278/lrg/splashpad.jpg

The weather is rainy today here on the German side of the North Sea. Here at the office, I see co-workers come in with wet shoes and pantyhose. I am very glad I've got on my waterproof heels today :smile:

Heidi

Hi Heidi and Alexa Love your story Alexa, you are so naughty! :irked: I love that squishy toe sensation when you wiggle your toes in the water stuck in the shoe, especially when wearing tights - I take it you were barefooted in your shoes. There's definitely something about getting your feet wet in public - comes back to that naughty teenager feeling! I was very pleased with myself getting my feet wet in public yesterday but I really wasn't the only one - men and woman alike. Heidi, yes it was a massive puddle in a dip towards the corner of the car park near where the walkway from the road cuts through bushes to get to the car park. The alternative was walk on and come back up through the main road entrance or walk through the bushes... and they are too dense and prickly. As it was raining so hard most people were just running through the puddle to get to the store and out of the rain. It wasn't that deep, probably a couple of inches, but that's enough when you are wearing heels with no platform. Water just came straight over the top and filled my heels - loved the initial rush of cold water soaking through my tights and around my toes. Have to say I walked slowly through the water rather than rushing like most other people... I was already quite wet from the initial walk there so didn't seem any point in running. I was wearing closed heels yesterday, not sandals, so the water just squirted out and squelched like Alexa's heels. :smile: Am I weird in that I quite like seeing other ladies get their heels wet? Everyone heads to the store at lunch and yesterday was no exception. A few of the other ladies were wearing equally unsuitable footwear and I found it quite "intriguing" watching them soak their feet. Some even stopped outside the store door to remove their heels and empty their heels... ok, so I am a perv and deliberately loitered around the door to watch them. Ha ha, love the pic Heidi. Think Alexa and I would get some strange looks if we turned up at one of those... especially from the parents! :smile: Feel a little more confident about the public thing now after yesterday... except it wasn't just me yesterday so that probably helped. Want to have your confidence Alexa... and have no rational reason not to. Weather was much better here today... so no puddles anywhere. Yesterday was exceptionally bad - continual heavy rain. I have never seen the car park flood like that before. So my feet stayed dry today... and I have found that my heels from yesterday also don't seem to have come off too badly after yesterday's experience... just stuffed some newspaper in them and they are now dry. Have to say talking about it has really got me in the mood again though... roll on tomorrow lunchtime... not sure what I'll be wearing tomorrow yet but not looking very warm so maybe tights again... which just have to be soaked given the chance... :smile: Jane X

Yes, it was great fun in the fountain at Nottingham. I did get a little wet, but it was only my skirt, and as it was a black Gothy number it wasn’t obvious it was wet. Yes, I was just wearing shoes, no tights or stockings. I prefer to be that way, especially when getting wet. When I was at school and wore unattractive school shoes I could hardly bear them touching my bare skin, but as an adult, now I choose my own shoes and select the most delicious styles I can find, I like to be as close to them and as connected as possible. I was in Nottingham again yesterday on a different project, but came by car instead. There was a bit of a downpour just coming to an end when I arrived. I just missed it unfortunately. I enjoy walking in the rain in the summer. Yes, it's good fun watching other people get wet too. If I'm not in the mood for water play myself I can quite happily sit and drink a coffee and watch other people playing in fountains.

The children's splash pad has a lot in common with the fountains in Nottingham city centre. So in a sense I already have done this!

Alexa

Sounds like great fun Alexa, I really enjoyed my opportune feet soaking too and definitely up for another one. I know what you mean about barefeet in shoes and I like that too... just something about the feeling of wet tights around my toes I really love. So many combinations and so little time to try them. :irked: Was dry again here too today but I wore tights again cos there is a real chill in the air... and it's July! What's going on!? Glad I'm not the only one who enjoys watching others get their feet wet... have you seen other people in heels in the fountain? Other than the puddle earlier this week I rarely get the opportunity to see other ladies getting their heels wet. Would have been nice to hang about there a bit longer but think I would have looked suspicious - dodgy woman staring at peoples wet feet! ;o) Jane X

I usually keep my eyes open when I go past a public water feature where people are playing. You very rarely see high heels in the water; it's usually plimsolls, ballet flats and trainers these days. I did see a couple of women one hot Friday afternoon a few weeks ago who looked like they were on their way home from work having a bit of a splash in Nottingham. At least one of them had office type shoes on. Sadly, I wasn't able to join them as I had to hurry away. Post yourself by public water features and drink a leisurely coffee or somethig on hot days (assuming there are any left this summer) and I'm sure you'll see something to your liking Jane. Alexa

Speaking of getting splashed, I have seen adults get splashed around the childrens slash pads at parks but I agree with Alexa, most women there are wearing flip flops or the occasional ballet flat. High heels are rare. I will be performing on stage later on this evening. I will be singing some songs by Katy Perry, Taylor Swift and Lady Gaga. For the song 'Teenage Dreams', as I am singing, some people will be using soap bubble guns from the stage shooting them out at the audience with the help of some fans in the background. I have a feeling that not all of the soap bubbles will get sent off stage and that the stage area could get a little wet. This is the last song of the set before the curtains come down and the stage crew dry up the floor before the next act. I am thinking of what to wear to keep my feet as dry as possible. Perhaps a pair of white leather high heeled boots with thick block heel so I can stay dry and have good grip on the floor? The white boots would match well with my pink and white dress. What do you think Jane & Alexa? The weather looks to be dry here in northwest German up until the weekend. Sunday, the long term forcasts are expecting heavy rain. Hmm, I wonder how similar the weather is in northwest Germany and southeast England .......

I have always noticed that... anything involving water and for some strange reason the women wear sensible footwear!!! Went to Alton Towers many years ago and a lady there was wearing low heels with socks and she got soaked on the log flume and was squelching away in front of me as we walked off... before my interest was sparked though. Doubt I'd get so much luck now. Wow, Heidi. What event are you performing at? You sound very talented. Obviously I'm a bit late now but would clearly recommend something that would get those toes of yours out and about or at the very least wet! ;o) Weather here was ok again today until later on when it got really dark twice and we had massive downpours. Sadly they were very badly timed and I didn't get caught in them... think if I had it would have been more than just my feet that got wet cos it was pouring. So no more experiences to report today. Think weather is due to be ok tomorrow and a little warmer... so might have to go back to my peeptoes with no tights... in which case I think some nail polish is required! :irked: Let us know how your event went Heidi, I'm intrigued. You look like a star in your photo. :smile: Jane X

Heidi, you’re a performer! How splendid. It’s great to hear you get up to things like this as well as working in an office. I hope it went really well and there were no unexpected slips and trips. How did you get on?

I trod the boards once or twice myself when I was younger. Amateur dramatics as a student, plus being with some friends in a band. It’s scary being on stage, but exciting too. Plus it’s a chance to be someone else for a little while – a character in a play, a rock star, a performer. And the sheer joy of being the sourced of people’s pleasure - that''s something else altogether.

Alexa

Jane, there was a once a year night market going where they had different performances on stage for the 7 days the market was open for. The crowd was great and it was a blast getting to sing before a live audience of at between 300 to 500 people. The soap bubble machine was a lot of fun, I'm not sure if the audience was cheering for the soap bubbles blasting out at them, cheering for me or both but I'll take applause and screaming any way I can hahaha I wore a pair of knee high boots with a 5" heel and 2" hidden platform on them to make myself look really tall on stage along with my dress. I managed to stay up right during the soap bubbles / Teenage Dreams performance thank goodness. I noticed that a lot of other performers were also attempting to perform in very high heels although not everyone seemed as comfortable as myself. I guess all the wearing of heels myself everyday at the office has paid off. One though though is that I am probably not as stable on wet surfaces as Alexa & Jane are for sure. Alexa, what kind of music did you perform on stage? Did you also wear really tall heels on stage or did you prefer lower heels so you can focus more on the music and less on staying upright? Just for the record, I have no clue how Lady Gaga manages to perform on some of her super tall skyscraper heels. Is the weather looking up for you this weekend Jane?

Sounds amazing! Wish I'd been there to watch you perform - soap bubbles or no soap bubbles! Take it there isn't a YouTube video anywhere with your performance? ;o) I'm sad to say the closest I've ever come to entertaining people is church choir when I was probably about 6 and then with the school choir when we won a local singing competition. Sadly I now struggle to compete with cats in maintaining a decent note. Must be amazing to be up there with people cheering at you. :irked: And I'm really impressed you managed to wear those heels and stay on your feet - you'd give Lady Gaga a run for her money any day! :smile: I believe the weather is on the up here. Today was dry and warm if a little overcast and I think the forecast for the weekend and into next week is warmer and drier. Is summer finally coming back? Tell us more about your performances Heidi... :smile: Jane X