replacing bootlaces

The shoelaces on my favorite pair (in fact my only pair) of granny boots recently broke. The eyelets are too narrow for the boot length laces that are available at my local WalMart, my local shoe repair shop, and a few other stores that I've looked at. Anyone know where I can get another pair of laces that would be usable for the shoes. Chain stores prevalent in the Western U.S. are applicable, and if you know of some where along the Wasatch Front, that would be brilliant. Thanks in advance.

the truth shall make you fret

I've tried the internet, but perhaps not as effectively as I could. I probably should refine my search. Purchasing over the internet is probably not an option, but refining the search might help me find something closer to home. Corset laces and curtain cord both seem like good ideas. Thanks for your replies.

Thanks Hoverfly, If the internet was an option, that website would be perfect (although S&H is more expensive than the laces...) Sadly, the internet is probably not an option (family politics...)

Company Info:

ShoeLacesExpress.Com

991 Flatwoods Trail

Glennville, GA 30427

(912) 654-9596

Fax (912) 654-9596

D&B# 13-097-0390

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

The shoelaces on my favorite pair (in fact my only pair) of granny boots recently broke. The eyelets are too narrow for the boot length laces that are available at my local WalMart, my local shoe repair shop, and a few other stores that I've looked at.

Anyone know where I can get another pair of laces that would be usable for the shoes.

Chain stores prevalent in the Western U.S. are applicable, and if you know of some where along the Wasatch Front, that would be brilliant.

Thanks in advance.

As has already been suggested, there are several different approaches to the problem. However, ;) no one has suggested leather lacing, of which I happen to have several spools in different colors and different widths. If you will tell me what color, width, and length you need, I'll make you a fair price.

If you want some sort of idea as to what the lacing costs me, I'll just tell you that a 50 yd. spool of kangaroo hide (some really tough stuff) in say 1/8" width costs me about $35. Cowhide (much weaker, softer stuff) costs a lot less. Of course, I seriously doubt that you would ever have a need for 50 yds. and you can't order any smaller quantity from my supplier. But if you'll PM me and tell me what you need, I promise to make you a fair price.

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

Thanks for the offer GNH. However, I think I'd prefer to avoid leather. I'm going to try one more local place on Thursday and then I'll think about the money order option. Thanks again for every one's suggestions.

• 2 weeks later...

As it turns out, there is another shoe repair place in the area. This guy was much more helpful. Although he didn't have any prepackaged laces of the kind he needed, he cut a pair out for me. Cheaper than paying for shipping. The only downside- they're still too short. Oh well- I can go back there next week and ask for a couple of longer ones. Thanks again to all of you.

• 1 month later...

As a guide

Shoe

• up to 2-3 pairs of eyelets, lace required 45cm (18")
  • up to 3-4 pairs of eyelets, lace required 60cm (24")
  • up to 4-5 pairs of eyelets, lace required 70cm (28")
  • up to 6-7 pairs of eyelets, lace required 90cm (36")
Leisure & Fashion

• up to 5-6 pairs of eyelets, lace required 100cm (40")
  • up to 6-8 pairs of eyelets, lace required 140cm (56")
  • up to 8-10 pairs of eyelets, lace required 180cm (72")
Ankle Boots

• up to 6-7 pairs of eyelets, lace required 100cm (40")
  • up to 8-10 pairs of eyelets, lace required 120cm (48")
  • up to 10-12 pairs of eyelets, lace required 140cm (56")
Long Boots

• up to 12-16 pairs of eyelets, lace required 180cm (72")
  • up to 16-20 pairs of eyelets, lace required 210cm (84")
  • up to 20-28 pairs of eyelets, lace required 240cm (96")
Did you know the plastic/metal sleeve at the tip of the lace, that you pass through the eyelet is called an "Aglet":thumbsup:

Repair Reuse Recycle. Cobbler it.

Check out arts and crafts stores, Walmarts craft section.

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

• 3 weeks later...