New York City This Thursday?

CassieJ

I happen to be visiting NYC this week. Anyone free for lunch Thursday to meet up? I am leaving Friday afternoon so I won't be here over the weekend. Went by the YSL store off 5th Ave today. I am so close to buying the 6.5" heels but they are $650. I know if I tried them on (in size 42) I would just keep them. CJ

Well, no replies yet. I walked from Times Square down to Madison Square Garden to the B&H store wearing the shoes in my avatar. No one seemed to notice or care until I got back to the hotel. Just outside the hotel some construction workers made a remark, just as you would expect. Total distance traveled: 34 blocks plus walking around the store. NYC sidewalks are a mess or cracks, grates and unleveled concrete. I don't know how women can walk them in thin stilettos. My wife has for 2 days and I keep an eye out for issues for her. CJ

The New Yorkers are used to see most kind of things. I spent almost two weeks in the big apple last fall, wearing foot wear with heels from 2" to 4½" and I can't remember that I got any special comment. The only episode I can recall is when a shoe shiner said "nice boots" or something like that when I walked past himt but I think that was because he wanted me to have them shined by him. ;)

As a NYC native, we do have that sort of "tunnel vision" for better and worst. If it were April 4, I might have been able to join you for lunch. Be sure to check west 8th street starting from 5th ave and heading east. Shoe shops galore including patricia fields. Also, I think you'll find that wearing heels will be one of the more normal things being seen there. Enjoy!!