Would you..........

LailaLily

ok, hypothetical question( AND NO IT DIDNT HAPPEN TO ME..GRRR.....YET:unsure: ) imagine walking in the mall with youre hot looking stiletto heels(boots or sandals)....and then boom...next second ur on the floor with people staring..OH MY GOD...what would u do? (no injuries though) I would probably laugh and get up. I remember this evil woman who was our principal in middle school...she took a mean fall in the parking lot....all the students were laughing and she got up quick and yelled at them to go back to the building...that evil old fossil deserves it...she was meaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!! Anyways....i never understood the people who fall and then stay there on the floor..lying down...theyre perfectly fine but for some reason getting up is not in their agenda. ohhh i have sooo many funny stories to recall of people and falling in heels. but what would u do?

If i stumble I kind of dance around for a bit as if I meant it... If I fall, I kind of roll on the floor as if I was meant to be there....

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

I have taken many a spill on winter's ice, and each time I got up as soon as I could to check out if I had any injuries or damaged clothing. It's embarrassing any way, but in heels! You are still there, what else can you do? Pass the hat for donations? Say something funny? Do it again and tell everyone you were just practicing. Tell them it was fun and they ought try it. Then quietly slither away to message or tend your areas of impact, providing you didn't fracture or injure a bodiliy part. Not to mention scratch your heels, eeeeuuuuu!

Walking down the isle in a craft store, a man was kneeling down looking at something on the bottom shelf when, wooooops! Stepped down on the right heel a little sideways and skidded towards him saving myself as gracefully as possible. he just glanced and continued shopping. I just laughed and walked away with what pride I had left. You see LailaLily, a man in heels cannot let this happen and still be "macho" LOL! We have to prove a point to other men that we CAN wear heels as gracefully as you ladies. LOL! We have our pride at stake here. LOL! I will say, it was a little embarrassing though but could have been a lot worse, huh.

real men wear heels

I have made few nasty falls usually in stairs when intoxicated ;) I usually laugh about it (if i can), and ask in loud voice "who wants my number?" :cool1:

"Even when I'm a mess, I put on a vest... with an S on my chest, oh yes.. I'm a Superwoman.. "

if i suspect i got hurt, i will stay down and calm down and eval myself before getting up (if it's safe to do so where i landed). then.. get up and go (if i can get up and go) so far, i've only had to 'stay down' once.. because i did get hurt and i had to modify how i moved about until i got to the hospital ( a block away). other than that.. get up and go. (but i don't wear heels.. so no fear there).. my wife has the same views too.. RPM

I would probably just get right back up and pretend nothing happened. In almost 30 years of wearing high heels, I have not fallen off of them...yet (knock wood). I've teetered a little bit on occasion, but not taken a fall yet.;)

ok, hypothetical question( AND NO IT DIDNT HAPPEN TO ME..GRRR.....YET:unsure: )

imagine walking in the mall with youre hot looking stiletto heels(boots or sandals)....and then boom...next second ur on the floor with people staring..OH MY GOD...what would u do? (no injuries though)

I would probably laugh and get up.

I remember this evil woman who was our principal in middle school...she took a mean fall in the parking lot....all the students were laughing and she got up quick and yelled at them to go back to the building...that evil old fossil deserves it...she was meaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!!

Anyways....i never understood the people who fall and then stay there on the floor..lying down...theyre perfectly fine but for some reason getting up is not in their agenda.

ohhh i have sooo many funny stories to recall of people and falling in heels.

but what would u do?

EXACTLY this happened to me about a year ago - while I was shopping for some new shoes. I was wearing a pair of stiletto heeled 'clog' mules with 5" steel tipped heels. I had just bought some lovely thong sandals with 3.5" stiletto's - and went flying as I walked out of the shop and my steel tips skidded on the tiled floor.

A couple of nice gentlemen rushed to help me - making comments about high heels and smooth floors - so - I whisked the lower shoes out of the bag with a flourish and said - "Don't worry - I've just bought some trainers!"

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

I have not fallen while wearing heels but I have danced around a bit on a freshly waxed floor. If you do fall, then whether you stay down very long depends on if you are still young enough to bounce. Us older folks need to be sure everything still works before we start running around again.. Last year I road a ladder to the ground. I didn’t get hurt but I took my time getting up just to be sure. If you don’t break anything in the fall you still might have pulled a muscle. In that case, if you didn’t walk funny in heels before you fell, you probably will after you get up. Learning to walk in heels can have its ups and downs ( ;) sorry about that ). :cool1:

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.