Alternate Materials

I’ve often thought what it would be like to wear shoes or boots made from unusual materials. Then the people at 6IHF started advertising steel heels, but they are seriously ugly and only come as sandals, but I want pumps or boots.

I’ve often thought plastic, steel, fibreglass, Lucite, Perspex or even glass might make good inflexible materials to mould and train my feet in such footwear.

Obviously if they did exist then they would have to be a suitable shape to enable me to walk.

Ages ago I found a photograph on the web where the wearer had on a pair of boots where the toe was turned up as was very intrigued. I also believe it’s been featured on this forum somewhere in the long an distant past.

Well, now I’ve found the video footage and it’s made me want to write this piece:

http://s275.photobucket.com/albums/jj306/latexconny/?action=view&current=boots1.flv

Can you imagine what similar shaped footwear would be like to wear if it was made of an unyielding material such as one of the above I’ve just described?

If it were, for example, Perspex (clear of black would be my preference) then it would have to be made in 2 parts. The first being the front pointed toe, half sole and shin. The other half would have you be the remainder sole, heel and calf. To wear them, they would need to be locked /bound together in much the same way as ski boots do.

For boots your toes would be encased and unmoveable in pointed, upturned (to enable you to walk) toes, your arch would be incredibly high and your ankle unmovable. The covering and stiffness would also go right up to just below your knee.

What about a pair of pumps made of steel or thick plastic?

I have a few pairs of see-through plastic heels (only half-inch platform) and quite like them, although they're probably too tarty to wear out. I have a few steel heels, too, but not a huge fan of this style. I must admit I have a soft spot for wooden heels and wooden/cork style wedges and platforms which is another alternative material that can be used.

http://s275.photobucket.com/albums/jj306/latexconny/?action=view&current=boots1.flv

Can you imagine what similar shaped footwear would be like to wear if it was made of an unyielding material such as one of the above I’ve just described?

No, I can't!

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.