Canada/USA Pacific NW Heel Meet - May 24, 2008

iloveboots

Hello Everyone in the Pacific NW of North America, we have set a date for the next Pacific NW Heel Meet. If you think you will be able to join us either PM "iloveboots" or post a note on this thread as we want to keep the Oasis up to date on possible numbers for the reservation.

DATE/TIME : Saturday, May 24, 2008 at 8:00 PM

WHERE : The Oasis Restaurant & Bar http://www.oasisvancouver.com

Davie & Thurloe, Vancouver, BC

HOTEL? : Sandman Inn, Davie Street, http://www.sandmaninns.com

ATTENDEES :

Mr & Mrs iloveboots

Tony & Gracie-Lou

"Dress For Your Own Pleasure"

Hello Everyone in the Pacific NW of North America, we have set a date for the next Pacific NW Heel Meet. If you think you will be able to join us either PM "iloveboots" or post a note on this thread as we want to keep the Oasis up to date on possible numbers for the reservation.

ATTENDEES :

Mr & Mrs iloveboots

Tony & Gracie-Lou

HJT101

Updated March 24, 2008

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We are all booked for 8pm at the Oasis on Saturday, May 24, table for eight. There are a couple of "strong possibilities" in addition to the confirmed 5. We will do a few more updates here in the next couple of weeks. We want to hear from anyone interested in joining us at the Vancouver, BC Heel Meet, Saturday, may 24th. Michaela at the Oasis is able to add to our reservation if we need to and she is anxious to meet us all. She is a Lady who loves heels! david & cathy

• 2 weeks later...

Update,

Linda Leigh, a long time member here at HHPlace is a "possible" for Saturday, May 24th Heel Meet in Vancouver, BC, Canada. HJT101 is all set to join us. Tony & Gracie-Lou are a definite, Gracie-Lou already has her high heel thigh boots selected for the evening.

Love to hear from any other Pacific NW USA and Western Canada members who are thinking of attending??

We have a table reserved at the Oasis Restaurant & Bar and Michaela from the Oasis can't wait to host us all...she has a very big soft spot for high heels herself!

The Oasis menu is a Tapas style and very reasonable. Great atmosphere, incredible staff, very lively and absolutely non threatening.

If you have any questions please drop us a line.

Cheers,

david & cathy

ATTENDEES (5) :

iloveboots

Tony & Gracie-Lou

HJT101

Linda Leigh

Can I go out on a limb and say heel are required?

i was just going to head there in a nice shirt and slacks. And heels of course :roll:

I might. Dress code? Or is it just anything-goes?

Proudly standing in my patent High Heels

As HJT101 said, there really is no dress code, feel free to wear what you want. The Oasis is a great place for never feeling out of place or standing out. I will be wearing a pair of Little Shoe Box black patent thigh high Boots with a 5 inch stiletto heel over riding jodphurs, casual shirt.

Hope you can make it. PM me and I will give you all the details.

david

I might. Dress code? Or is it just anything-goes?

Hi Admirer5577 & KneeHighs, Good to hear from you. Well, the May 24th evening did not go quite as planned. I arrived in Vancouver on the tuesday before the saturday meet and that evening was in a medical clinic flat on my back in excruciating pain. I suffer from back problems have done so since 1990 and I was out for the count. The following morning they loaded me on an airplane home full of lots of meds and I was flat out for the next seven days. Only now just getting back to regular upright two legged mammal style walking. I was able to contact pretty well everyone who was attending on the thursday before the meet (we had 7 people confirmed) with the plan to go ahead without "old man" david. Arranged with Michaela at the Oasis Restuarant/Lounge to assist everyone and look after them, she was really looking forward to meeting and enjoying the evening with everyone. In the end only hjt101 showed up, which is very disappointing. But being the troopers we are (hjt101 and ourselves) we are already planning a September get together in vancouver and look forward to new members like mtnsofheels joining us. Cheers, david & cathy

Hi Admirer5577 & KneeHighs,

Good to hear from you. Well, the May 24th evening did not go quite as planned. I arrived in Vancouver on the tuesday before the saturday meet and that evening was in a medical clinic flat on my back in excruciating pain. I suffer from back problems have done so since 1990 and I was out for the count. The following morning they loaded me on an airplane home full of lots of meds and I was flat out for the next seven days. Only now just getting back to regular upright two legged mammal style walking.

Hey! Thanks for the update. I'm sorry to hear the news about your back. The good news is that you are getting better now and I hope you continue to feel better and better as time goes on.

I was able to contact pretty well everyone who was attending on the thursday before the meet (we had 7 people confirmed) with the plan to go ahead without "old man" david. Arranged with Michaela at the Oasis Restuarant/Lounge to assist everyone and look after them, she was really looking forward to meeting and enjoying the evening with everyone. In the end only hjt101 showed up, which is very disappointing.

But being the troopers we are (hjt101 and ourselves) we are already planning a September get together in vancouver and look forward to new members like mtnsofheels joining us.

Cheers,

david & cathy

Awww, I salute hjt101 immensely for his courage to go it alone and I respect you both for persevering. The next meet will surely result in new friendships and hopefully some West Coast firsts.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

• 3 weeks later...

I just joined this last month, so I didn't know about this last gathering, but sounds like it didn't quite go off after all :thumbsup: . Anyway, I would probably come if you plan another one as I am relatively close to BC. ... Oh I see September in iloveboots' message, that is a possibility for me, we'll have to see how the next couple of months go ...

• 2 weeks later...

I know it is kinda short notice and not great timing, but how about July 15 or 16th? I have most of my weekends tied up until fall, so mid-week is an idea. Anyone interested? I can arrange a place if we need. HJT

• 2 weeks later...

Hi hjt101, I now have a date for Vancouver, Saturday, september 20th. I have taken some vacation time and I'm heading to the Island and I'll stop in Vancouver for saturday evening. Does that date work for you? If so i'll line up a table with the Oasis and hopefully a few other members can join us. hhBoots and mntsofheels have both indicated an interest as well. I will be alone on this trip as cathy is working. Hope this day works for everyone? david

Hi hjt101,

I now have a date for Vancouver, Saturday, september 20th. Does that date work for you? If so i'll line up a table with the Oasis and hopefully a few other members can join us. hhBoots and mntsofheels have both indicated an interest as well. I will be alone on this trip as cathy is working.

Hope this day works for everyone?

david

Looks good to me. Let's do it! Note to self, get shoe polish, get ready :o

Awesome hjt101....will set up for Saturday, Sept 20th in Vancouver at 8PM, the Oasis Restaurant & Lounge at Davie & Thurloe. If any other members are able to join hjt101 and I, cool! Let us know by posting here or PM. Cheers, david

• 3 weeks later...

Awesome hjt101....will set up for Saturday, Sept 20th in Vancouver at 8PM, the Oasis Restaurant & Lounge at Davie & Thurloe.

If any other members are able to join hjt101 and I, cool! Let us know by posting here or PM.

Cheers,

david

So far, sounds like drinks for 2. Anyone else coming along?

^ This is likely going to be a smaller meet, but one VERY REWARDING. Small meets are conducive to deep conversation, true one on one connections, and a great sense of harmonious interaction with one another.

I'm sure iloveboots vividly recalls our dinner in London on the Sunday after the 2007 World Heel Meet. In fact I can even remember our seating chart in clockwise order: iloveboots, ramon020, admirer5577, kneehighs, and LadyLiberte.

Small meets are an excellent opportunity to forge true friendships and really get to know other people's intellectual, social, and personal interests.

It's highly recommended that anyone reading this that has a chance to go do as hjt101 has done, "note to self, get shoe polish, get ready."

^ This is likely going to be a smaller meet, but one VERY REWARDING. Small meets are conducive to deep conversation, true one on one connections, and a great sense of harmonious interaction with one another.

I'm sure iloveboots vividly recalls our dinner in London on the Sunday after the 2007 World Heel Meet. In fact I can even remember our seating chart in clockwise order: iloveboots, ramon020, admirer5577, kneehighs, and LadyLiberte.

Small meets are an excellent opportunity to forge true friendships and really get to know other people's intellectual, social, and personal interests.

It's highly recommended that anyone reading this that has a chance to go do as hjt101 has done, "note to self, get shoe polish, get ready."

Definitely remember our dinner on the Sunday evening Kneehighs following the Saturday meet in 2007, it was awesome! One of those evenings you wish would never end as the conversation was incredible and the friendships built never ending! 2008 was just as incredible and can't wait till 2009!

Cheers,

david

And I can't wait to see you and Mrs. iloveboots in 2009 either. I hope we can all sit around a big round table again, enjoy Italian comfort food, laugh while we sip wine, and relish the fact that we have friendships that could last decades.... all with beginnings in this forum. :o

• 3 months later...