Interesting weekend

ShockQueen

I posted in the "general fashion" thread about my new acrylic nails thing, but one thing I left out was that I was wearing my new Cloudwalkers 3 1/4" pumps all the while. I decided to go about the mall afterwards, since I was enjoying my nice new nails, and as you might have guessed from the style of heels, no one batted an eye. Very nice, and the fact that they had all the extra padding, I was able to make it with little problem.

Tonight, I decided to go to the store for some supplies, and wore them there as well. If anyone noticed, they said nothing - then again, I wasn't looking to see if anyone looked. It was a fun time that I hope to do yet again soon!

I can see why nails & heels are things many enjoy (although I knew the heels part for many years now).

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

SQ: An interesting outing indeed. As I've mentioned many times before, the majority of people rarely if ever pay attention to their surroundings as they're so wrapped up in their own lives and affairs to pay attention to a man wearing heels. For damn sure no one's going to be nosy enough to notice said man sporting long painted nails. In any event, I'm glad you enjoyed yourself. At the end of the day, that's what it's all about.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

You are spot on there, JeffB. It was fun, and I'm sure to do it again. I guess unless they notice a bit too much white on my hands, they'll never notice anyway, and it was a treat I'd been considering for some time. Since the new heels, it's really bolstered my confidence that I can be myself - even in a place such as where I live.

I am happy for you, ShockQueen. Going out in high heels and having a good time doing what you like to do while wearing high heels is the important thing. I've enjoyed so many of everyone's stories that it has inspired me to go out even more often in high heels in places that I have never ventured in heels before. As I get even more daring, I'll share my adventures. Thank you for sharing yours.;)

SQ it's nice to see you had a great outing and I like the shoes I have a pair that are similar that I got at Target that are real comfortable. I know how you feel for those of us who live in the wild west street heeling can be a challange, but keep on heeling because it does get easier with each outing.

Thanks, billyb. It was a lot of fun, and I'm looking forward to my future salon visits. Last night, I went to Wal-mart to get some clear polish to re-do my topcoat, and the support manager working the department was more than helpful, and we had real pleasant conversation regarding polish and acrylic nails (I know....professional politeness, you might think, but it was better than that). I got some non-acetone remover, polish, and cotton rounds, and all was good. As I sit here, getting ready for work in my nice shirt, jeans, and new nails, I have my new heels on thinking "oh, only if I could do this at work too", but I know better than to mix things too far. ;) Makes me really glad for Friday night coffee nights with the gang. Always fun, and never any problems. More fun times ahead, yay!

I had a rather pleasant conversation last night with one of my colleagues. I snuck my Cloudwalkers into my bag and took them to work with me. Later on that night, when few people were around, I switched under my desk. For me, it made the rest of the night even better. When it came time to go home, I asked one of my female friends to wait up, so we could walk out together. I took a chance and put my regular sneakers in my bag, and walked out in my new loafer heels. I so love these because they have a thicker heel and are padded, so they feel awesome. She didn't even notice until I showed her (she had seen the pic from the auction). She thought they were awesome, and that I looked good in them. We talked further, and she told me that I pull off the look very well with my heels and nails, and that it was nice for her to see people taking care of themselves. I explained I wouldn't be doing this during the day, and just on occasion at night as I think management would not smile upon such a thing. She thought it was really silly and that they should support me. I know discretion is the better part of valor, and I didn't want to cause too many waves, so while I agreed with what she said, I doubt I'd ever do it more often. I'm happy with what I have, and just don't want to push things too far. I am fairly certain that the males there I doubt would be as supportive, so I'll just be limiting my heeling to rare late-night times, and times when I'm out on my time off. Made for a great night though!