How do you store your shoes

roz

Reading through this thread, I see I'm not alone in having well over 100 pairs of shoes. Nearly half of mine are platform shoes along the same lines as the ones in my avatar so they're quite sizable and difficult to store. I was wondering how people store their shoes, particularly if you have as many shoes as me.

I am currently completely gutting a spare room in my house which is (without exageration) 11ft by 12ft in size. I am going to put every single pair of shoes I have in there on three 6ft tall, 7ft long shelves which I hope will allow me to keep up to 200 shoes as I am buying more all the time.

I don't have many boots (I have about 10 knee highs, 5 Ugg boots and 2 knee high platforms) and they're staying in my original wardrobe.

How does this compare with you? As you can see I take shoes very seriously!!

Wow, 110 views and nobody wants to say where/how they keep their shoes? :cool1:

I saw this on another thread: http://www.hhplace.org/discuss/your_favourite_shoe_pictures/991-celebrities_high_heels-25.html#post40587

Mariah Carey's shoe room. Nothing like mine will be but mine will be a room with shelves of shoes, so similar at least in that respect.

So, do you keep your shoes in your wardrobe, in a seperate room, do you have any interesting shelves or storage solutions? I'm really interested to hear ;)

If I have the boxes I try to store them back in them. I got some from places like TJ Max and stores like that and they don't have the boxes so I just kind of line them up in my closet. I have a huge walk in closet and I use the whole back of it for my shoes.

Does anyone ever Email anymore? Send me one! I like to chat!

Hi Roz, Almost all mine are in the same boxes they came in when I purchased them. The ones I often wear are on shelves in the spare room. The ones I currently wear are on the floor in my bedroom. The ones I never wear are in a charity store in town.

I store my shoes in my spare room, in the boxes they came in when they were purchased. My favorites are on shelves in the same room. The ones I wear daily are often dotted around the house.

Most of mine are in the boxes they came in stacked in my dressing room. All my favorites are on shelves in the same room. The ones I wear daily could be anywhere in the house.

Hello Roz, I keep most of mine in my dressing room still in the boxes they came in. My favorites are in full view on a couple of shelves. The ones I wear daily are often sort of scattered if I'm busy

Hello Amanda, and thanks for replying. Nice to see another girl from the UK posting ;) I sometimes wish I kept the boxes mine came in, but I am looking forward to being able to put mine on shelves. I do wonder how dusty they'll get though but I'm sure it'll be OK. At the moment it is a complete mess, they're wherever I can fit them. They're in my wardrobe, on top of my wardrobe, under my bed, my boots are in my boyfriend's wardrobe and the ones I don't wear are in my parent's house! I posted here because I wondered whether everyone was in such a mess as me or whether they went to extraordinary lengths to store their pride and joys.

What I like most about having them in their boxes, well it's like theyre new. Everytime you open the box. Especially if you forgot you had them. I wrap them in tissue paper and squirt a bit of perfume in the box when I replace them. I have some open fires in my house so the ones on shelves it do get dusty after a while. Boxes are best, you can stack them with the label or picture facing out, that gives you a rough idea what's in them. I wish you luck in sorting yours out finally, it sounds like a nightmare to me.

I wish that i had spare room just for my shoes, aww im so envy. sounds like celebrity way of living ;) reminds me cribs episode of Mariah Carey. I keep my boots and shoes what i wear often in closet in hallway. I have small storage room in bedroom, where i keep most of my clothes and shoes/boots in their boxes piled in corner. Summer shoes, sandals, mules are stored in addic in plastic bags. or their own boxes they came in.

"Even when I'm a mess, I put on a vest... with an S on my chest, oh yes.. I'm a Superwoman.. "

I know, Mariah certainly loves her shoes! I loved that episode. Thanks for replying too - at least you have a storage room in the bedroom, until the shoe room is done it is a complete sty here!

I wish I had the space for my shoes!! At the moment, mine are on some shelves in my room, mostly, although some are in a crate in the hall (mostly flats/ trainers/ work boots), and there are a couple pairs under the sofa from where i've kicked them off drunk! I think we're meant to be putting up a couple of extra shelves for mine.

Sounds chaotic, in a way I'm gonna miss that about my place when it's finished because there are shoes pretty much everywhere apart from the fridge - it's quite fun in a way although embarrassing if people come around! Good luck on getting your shelves done!

I am not sure how many pair of shoes I have. My husband has much more than me. We prob. have a hundred or more between us. We have shoes on the fire place, under hubby's desk, in the bedroom on a shoe rack, in the computer room, and in my shop. They are multiplying with more on the way and we are going shoe shopping this weekend. We have a excessive compulsive high heel shoe disorder. We found out there is no cure except buy more.;)

Like everyone, I also keep my shoes in the original box they came in. It helps to keep them dust free too. I store the boxes in my walk in closet. Fortuntaely for me, I don't have a whole lot of shoes. I have about 12 pairs. Trust me, that's nothing compared to what my other girlfriends have.;)

"I don't know who invented high heels, but all women owe him a lot"--Marilyn Monroe