Fears about being caught on camera phone

whynotheels

I've walked around in broad daylight in a mini skirt, hose, and black suede pumps/courts. I spent a week like that going to a training class, shopping at the local mall, and even test driving cars. I got looks, but that was okay, just a fleeting moment. Now I'm really scared of going anywhere because someone might snap my picture and post it to the world on the web. Anyone ever think of such things?

Camera phones are a minor worry compared with all the security cameras out there. Usualy you can see the person with the camera phone taking your picture, and it can only be done from a short distance. The security camera could be hidden almost anywhere. It could be nearby, or at a distance zoomed in on you. You would not know who is watching you, much less where the person is watching you from. The cost of those cameras are cheep enough for almost anyone to get and install. That is the real thing to worry about.

I've walked around in broad daylight in a mini skirt, hose, and black suede pumps/courts. I spent a week like that going to a training class, shopping at the local mall, and even test driving cars. I got looks, but that was okay, just a fleeting moment. Now I'm really scared of going anywhere because someone might snap my picture and post it to the world on the web.

Anyone ever think of such things?

if what you wrote is true, someone probably already has. ;)

Is it really worth worrying about? By that I mean - Is it a big enough concern that you may decide never to go out in public? That would be a shame, because you would be depriving yourself of who you are, or how you wish to express yourself. Especially, since it's been stated by so many people that the vast majority of people could really care less about what you wear.

After all, it's been said on other threads on this site that the more that people go out, the more "common" it becomes.

I'm not saying that you shouldn't be mindful of going to places where there is an unreasonable likelihood of drawing unwanted criticism, but security cameras and such are everywhere - it's a fact of life.

Dan

Is it really worth worrying about? By that I mean - Is it a big enough concern that you may decide never to go out in public? That would be a shame, because you would be depriving yourself of who you are, or how you wish to express yourself. Especially, since it's been stated by so many people that the vast majority of people could really care less about what you wear.

After all, it's been said on other threads on this site that the more that people go out, the more "common" it becomes.

I'm not saying that you shouldn't be mindful of going to places where there is an unreasonable likelihood of drawing unwanted criticism, but security cameras and such are everywhere - it's a fact of life.

Dan

Amen!.........

• 2 weeks later...

^

Yes, what he said.

Anyway, I'd think I'd go crazy if I started worrying about CCTV and the like. Just accept it. If you're not comitting a crime, you'll be OK.

Thank you designer and Firefox. Honestly, I really never even think about the camera phones or security cameras when I'm in public in high heels. And you're right, at least where I live, it is not against the law to wear high heels or even cross dress in public.;)

We do, it appears, live in a culture of fear. Cameras are everywhere; digital cameras, security cameras, phone cameras, etc. So what? What are we afraid of? People frequently want to take my picture, and I smile for the lens. What terrible things will happen if my visage is captured? Darned if I know. I do not hide my face, nor duck and run. I am not afraid. Women are always telling me how cute I am, even if that is an exaggeration. I have a face made for radio. The culture of fear tells us that we should hide. We are safe, only when in our basements and dungeons. Disguise and solitude are our friends. NONSENSE! I walk proudly in my shoes and boots, of any style that I choose. Oxfords, loafers, trainers, western, block heels, round heels, stilettos, army boots, shit kickers, knee highs. It doesn't matter. All of my shoes and boots were bought and paid for. Fair and square, on the up and up. Honest Injun. I have nothing to hide, nothing to be ashamed of, nothing to fear. If we skulk in the shadows, then we shall be suspects of honest society. If we walk tall and proud, we are citizens, worthy of respect. No, I have no fear of being subject of the camera. I have done no wrong, violated no moral codes. Why then, should I be afraid?

i think the fear for whynotheels (and maybe for me even if i never really thought about the cameras) is more that if your close friends and love ones does not know of this secret, you are outed before you are ready to share this part of yourself.......

• 1 month later...

The possibility of somebody taking our pictures and putting them on the internet for the world to see is very real, it can easily happen. However, I don't think we should waste one second of our time worrying about that. If we were to get our pictures posted all over the internet I don't think it would be that bad. We should be proud of who we are and not try to hide it. We should go out in public every chance we get and enjoy what we love so much. We should not worry about anything, especially cameras. I'm not going to run and hide if I see somebody with a camera. I hope nobody else on here does that.

The possibility of somebody taking our pictures and putting them on the internet for the world to see is very real, it can easily happen. However, I don't think we should waste one second of our time worrying about that. If we were to get our pictures posted all over the internet I don't think it would be that bad. We should be proud of who we are and not try to hide it. We should go out in public every chance we get and enjoy what we love so much. We should not worry about anything, especially cameras. I'm not going to run and hide if I see somebody with a camera. I hope nobody else on here does that.

I damn sure don't. Bottom line, there's nothing you can do about people with camera phones wanting to get a cheap thrill out of snapping pictures of us. All we can do under such situations is to make sure we look our very best when out and about in heels so when we wind up on YouTube, or just some voyeur's personal computer, we present our most flattering image, that we look perfectly presentable, even in heels instead of looking like a clown. Remember, first impressions go a long way!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

i think the fear [...] is more that if your close friends and love ones does not know of this secret, you are outed before you are ready to share this part of yourself.......

Yep. I made sure my close friends and loved ones were aware some years ago - some awkward conversations, to be sure, but far better than the alternatives! Luckily, with one exception they're neutral to supportive.

I've now left HHPlace. Feel free to use the means listed in my profile if you wish to contact me.

Not a big deal. So long as I am not indecently exposed, I don't care. In fact, I may post myself, including my face, on youtube, in my high heel clogs. I posted a youtube blurb yesterday about a guy who doesn't mind letting his feelings in this area be known.

It's certainly a concern I have b/c nobody else I care about knows yet. Usually, I wear long, boot-cut jeans, sometimes also sunglasses or even a sweater with a hat. This alone hides myself good enough that even if I am taped and posted, it will be hard to identify me. Infact, I have youtube videos with me wearing heels already that I posted myself - you only see my legs though. Plus, the heels are covered pretty well by the long pants. I acknowledge that it's sometimes harder with platforms b/c they are quite visible. But this brings me to the point that in my experience, many people don't even realize that I am wearing heels. So, when thinking about this whole topic, you have to think along those lines: 1. How likely is it that someone notices that you are a man wearing heels? 2. How likely is it that this person cares? 3. How likely is it that someone thinks that this is worth taping and posting? 4. How likely is it that someone you care about watches this video and recognizes you? So, my take is to first of all not raise too much attention. And then, try to appear in a way that it's not easy to see immediately that it's you when a video is posted. Similarly, if someone is crossdressing, be good with it! Really try to look like a normal woman and wear clothes that are not too crazily outstanding - and wear sunglasses.

It's certainly a concern I have b/c nobody else I care about knows yet. Usually, I wear long, boot-cut jeans, sometimes also sunglasses or even a sweater with a hat. This alone hides myself good enough that even if I am taped and posted, it will be hard to identify me. Infact, I have youtube videos with me wearing heels already that I posted myself - you only see my legs though.

Plus, the heels are covered pretty well by the long pants. I acknowledge that it's sometimes harder with platforms b/c they are quite visible. But this brings me to the point that in my experience, many people don't even realize that I am wearing heels.

So, when thinking about this whole topic, you have to think along those lines:

1. How likely is it that someone notices that you are a man wearing heels?

2. How likely is it that this person cares?

3. How likely is it that someone thinks that this is worth taping and posting?

4. How likely is it that someone you care about watches this video and recognizes you?

So, my take is to first of all not raise too much attention. And then, try to appear in a way that it's not easy to see immediately that it's you when a video is posted.

Similarly, if someone is crossdressing, be good with it! Really try to look like a normal woman and wear clothes that are not too crazily outstanding - and wear sunglasses.

I said this in a previous post. When I wear high heels in public, I always wear a man's suit or slacks and sport coat with coordinated high heels. Based on some of the looks and reactions I've received in the past, I know someday someone will capture me with their camera phone and I might end up on You Tube. That's why when I heel in public, I make sure I'm wearing an outfit that I want to be seen in and not concerned with what others think.

I agree that the odds of a snapshot getting viewed of me in heels is unlikely at best. I'm seldom noticed, usually on the move and rarely wearing in places anyone would give a rip, and then, at tall as I am, if the heels were in noticable view, my face would be out of view.

• 2 weeks later...

There was a post recently in the guys forum, discussing if heel-wearing men are scared of being taped by either a cell phone video camara, a security camera, or whatever other camera. Bottom line was that many are indeed concerned about being taped, that such video is then posted on Youtube or somewhere else and subsequently be discovered by someone who shouldn't know.

I would like to ask around here: Does anyone ever see/find such a video on Youtube or somewhere else, where someone had taped a man wearing heels (without his knowledge? I have been visiting Youtube for high heels videos very frequently for an extended period of time, and I never came across any such video. What I did find though were plenty of videos where men either filmed themselves wearing heels or didn't mind being seen in heels. For example, there was one where a guy plays soccer or sth like that in a hall with kids while wearing heels, or two teenage girls apparently filmed a Korean guy wearing his girl-friend's heels. These don't count for me.

So, before we get too worried here about getting secretly filmed and posted, are there any such videos out there?

I haven't seen that, but I have seen videos from surveillance cameras in businesses. My guess is that they didn't have the permission of the person being filmed.

I would have to believe that releasing security camera video footage to the general public might put whoever shot the footage and whoever released it in a sticky legal situation if the victim decided to pursue the issue. If I were running a business using video surveillance equipment, I would only release video after an incident, and then only to law-enforcement officials. I have seen a few clips of such video but it was released by the law enforcement agencies, not directly by the business owner. (The video did not feature men in heels either, it was more along the lines of "stupid things criminals try to get away with".) This, of course does not address the potential issue of being filmed or photographed by an individual using any type of compact camera. This type of situation would be much more difficult to police because it would be between two individuals -- the photographer and the subject. At its worst it would become a civil suit should it be litigated and the publicity might be worse than it would have been had the victim just left the situation alone. <mod mode> Merging this thread with "Fears about being caught on camera phone" in "For the Guys". The two topics are similar and this thread does not concern a specific movie. </mod mode>

Have a happy time!

Does anyone ever see/find such a video on Youtube or somewhere else, where someone had taped a man wearing heels (without his knowledge?

Yep,

there's the one with xaphod (long-time HHP member) caught on video at the British Museum

Always High-Heel Responsibly

Ok, I didn't know that one, but by looking at the video it becomes quite apparent that he doesn't mind being filmed and recognized. And when I read the comments, it even says it right there that he wants to make a fashion statement.

So, I don't really feel like this one counts.

This thread is about guys being scared of secretly being taped without their knowledge. I don't think he was scared of that here!

Yep,

there's the one with xaphod (long-time HHP member) caught on video at the British Museum

Not a big deal. So long as I am not indecently exposed, I don't care. In fact, I may post myself, including my face, on youtube, in my high heel clogs. I posted a youtube blurb yesterday about a guy who doesn't mind letting his feelings in this area be known. Ohio in October (if not sooner). I may graduate from hh clogs to spike-boots, or even pumps (which I have used about 6 times, without problems). Why should just the ladies have all the fun? (quote, unquote). HH place is "real cool". Atlier Fusaro has lots of nifty stuff, including their "Angelo" clogs. Have seen only one person wearing Angelos (mid-30's lady), but hey sure looked good on her. Can we mention such name brands? If not, please let me know. Easy does it.

. . . Can we mention such name brands? If not, please let me know. Easy does it.

<mod mode> Yes, we mention name brands all the time. As long as it is done in the spirit of discussion of various styles and looks (as you did in your post), we have no problem with it. If it descends into blatant advertising then we have a problem but that doesn't happen a lot. </mod mode>

Have a happy time!

I wore high heels to a museum just recently and the expeience wasn't totally positive. I'm going back there soon again wearing high heels. Maybe someone will capture me on their camera phone and I'll be on You Tube. I'll le you know if that happens.