I need platforms over 8 inches tall!

roz

• 3 weeks later...

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love my shoes and my boyfriend does too. I'm 5'3" tall so there is nothing hotter than putting some sexy platforms. My faves are these: http://www.strippershoeshop.com/products/PD162151/detail/162151.aspx?bt=QlpoOTFBWSZTWQG%2f%2fj8AAANIgCAAcyAABCAAIaepoaEMCIqNzcZ3KDQHi7kinChIAN%2f%2fH4A%7e

They add another 8" to my height so I am 5'11", nearly as tall as my BF.

I find them easy to walk around in, and do a lot of dance so am used to my legs being strained and my feet being at weird angles, and I have a great sense of balance so want to go higher. I think I could even go as high as 12" quite easily and the idea of me towering over my BF in foot-tall shoes is such a turn on.

I would love (no offence) a short girl like you, with as much liking in the "past 8-inch mark of platforms" as you do. Me and the girl, however, would have to have the same shoe size, though. I may want to go taller myself on some days (I'm only 5'8" at the moment). I'm quite a fan of platforms as well, so I'd enjoy it :roll:

Formally "HHDude"

Thanks everyone for the comments, especially you HighHeelDude, I really appreciate your comments. No offense taken either, a lot of people find my height perfect which is funny considering all I want to do is wear high heels to appear taller! Anyway, I have ordered these shoes and they have now been dispatched and should arrive Monday. Thanks for your help everyone!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, hi everyone, sorry about the delay in posting :roll: Firstly, Elite Heels are very good to deal with Neil. I had to wait a while, but I was warned of this when ordering (the product pages say how quickly things will be dispatched) plus both pairs I got were custom made. I got the gold shoes quite soon after ordering. They were lush, although I didn't like the ankle straps on them so cut them off carefully. You can't tell they were on. My feet are completely vertical in them, and they feel a lot steeper than any of my other 6" heels. They look stunning though and with a bit of practice I think I will be able to wear on a night out. The platforms only arrived the other day and I have only worn them once. They're massive, I think I under estimated the difference in height between 8 and 12". Maybe it's because I wear 8" heels so much that it has become second nature. My head touches lights in my bedroom, and I have to walk through doors carefully because if I am in a middle of a stride it feels like I am gonna hit the door frame, and I'm only a shortie at 5'3"!! I am still walking *very* carefully in them. I have to make sure my foot touches the floor completely upright otherwise I will wobble and fall off them! They're like walking on stilts! So yeah, very happy with both purchases. The 12" platforms are ridiculous but they're so much fun. The gold heels are hella sexy and I think (hope) I am gonna get a lot of use out of them. I have bought one more wacky pair of shoes, Karo 0257s, and then I think I am going to return to 5 and 6" heels as my favourite pair of shoes are still my Louboutins. Thanks everyone.

Hey, hi everyone, sorry about the delay in posting :roll:

Firstly, Elite Heels are very good to deal with Neil. I had to wait a while, but I was warned of this when ordering (the product pages say how quickly things will be dispatched) plus both pairs I got were custom made.

I got the gold shoes quite soon after ordering. They were lush, although I didn't like the ankle straps on them so cut them off carefully. You can't tell they were on. My feet are completely vertical in them, and they feel a lot steeper than any of my other 6" heels. They look stunning though and with a bit of practice I think I will be able to wear on a night out.

The platforms only arrived the other day and I have only worn them once. They're massive, I think I under estimated the difference in height between 8 and 12". Maybe it's because I wear 8" heels so much that it has become second nature.

My head touches lights in my bedroom, and I have to walk through doors carefully because if I am in a middle of a stride it feels like I am gonna hit the door frame, and I'm only a shortie at 5'3"!!

I am still walking *very* carefully in them. I have to make sure my foot touches the floor completely upright otherwise I will wobble and fall off them! They're like walking on stilts!

So yeah, very happy with both purchases. The 12" platforms are ridiculous but they're so much fun. The gold heels are hella sexy and I think (hope) I am gonna get a lot of use out of them.

I have bought one more wacky pair of shoes, Karo 0257s, and then I think I am going to return to 5 and 6" heels as my favourite pair of shoes are still my Louboutins.

Thanks everyone.

Hi Roz,

Great to hear you are pleased with your new shoes, especially interested in the Gold 6" Heels you got, you must look fantastic in them if you feet are completely vertical in them, that is the sexiest look by far.

I would love to get a pair of these for my wife, though I doubt she would be able to wear them outdoors at this height, but then who cares if she wears them for me indoors.

Do you have any pics yet of you wearing them so we can get a good idea of how they look being worn?

Agreed. Pics would be lovely, especially a pic of you in front of a doorway to really see what you mean. Good luck heeling in them, by the way (the 12-inchers and 6-inchers). -admires her dedication to the heights- :roll:

Formally "HHDude"

Hey, hi everyone, sorry about the delay in posting :roll:

Firstly, Elite Heels are very good to deal with Neil. I had to wait a while, but I was warned of this when ordering (the product pages say how quickly things will be dispatched) plus both pairs I got were custom made.

I got the gold shoes quite soon after ordering. They were lush, although I didn't like the ankle straps on them so cut them off carefully. You can't tell they were on. My feet are completely vertical in them, and they feel a lot steeper than any of my other 6" heels. They look stunning though and with a bit of practice I think I will be able to wear on a night out.

The platforms only arrived the other day and I have only worn them once. They're massive, I think I under estimated the difference in height between 8 and 12". Maybe it's because I wear 8" heels so much that it has become second nature.

My head touches lights in my bedroom, and I have to walk through doors carefully because if I am in a middle of a stride it feels like I am gonna hit the door frame, and I'm only a shortie at 5'3"!!

I am still walking *very* carefully in them. I have to make sure my foot touches the floor completely upright otherwise I will wobble and fall off them! They're like walking on stilts!

So yeah, very happy with both purchases. The 12" platforms are ridiculous but they're so much fun. The gold heels are hella sexy and I think (hope) I am gonna get a lot of use out of them.

I have bought one more wacky pair of shoes, Karo 0257s, and then I think I am going to return to 5 and 6" heels as my favourite pair of shoes are still my Louboutins.

Thanks everyone.

It sounds like you're having fun wearing them. I am truly happy for you. Thank you for sharing this with us.

Thanks everyone for the comments. I haven't got a camera but one of my friends in Spain sometimes takes pics of me (like the ones in my avatar) so next time he visits I will have him take a few pics.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I've been on holiday recently and busy the week before which is why I haven't posted any updates.

I haven't really worn them much since my first go. I wore them a bit around my flat and have fallen off them twice now - how I didn't injure myself I don't know! But I hope I will have a chance to wear them properly tomorrow as I have probably only worn them for about 15 minutes in total.

I've also bought some Karo 0257s which have a 9" heel and only a 2" platform, and I really want to try these but I haven't even taken these out the box yet!

I think I'm gonna start buying normal shoes again that I can wear on nights out because I've been so busy I haven't even tried half the shoes I have got recently!

I think I'm gonna start buying normal shoes again that I can wear on nights out because I've been so busy I haven't even tried half the shoes I have got recently!

Ack! And I just found another very high heeled site.

http://heels-deluxe.com

Pretty high heels, as far as I saw.

Formally "HHDude"

Hi roz, I've got some of the Karo 0992 9 inch heeled / 2" platformed shoes, and they are some of the hardest shoes I've got for walking in. My ballets are a lot easier - but the Karo's are fun

I love the feel of that ultimate lift!

OK, an update on my recent silly purchases...

The gold heels (http://www.elite-heels.com/shop/images/product_images/popup_images/87_0.jpg - linked because I get an error when I try and attach) are no problem at all. They hurt the ball of my foot if I wear out and seem to have very steep arches compared to other 6" heels that I have. The kind of shoe I might wear for a quiet night out, but nothing long or major. My feet look so good in them though.

The 12" platforms (http://bp3.blogger.com/_P9McWcxSgfA/SAmyeEP0foI/AAAAAAAAAQI/5po3yqw14fs/s1600-h/01.jpg - linked again because I get an error), I wore them for the first time properly on Sunday (I think), and fell off them countless times, although every time it was my fault because I stood on the edge of a rug and my foot snapped out from under me or because I was doing something stupid like changing my top while on top of those heels. I fell over with my top kinda stuck over my head, LOL!

But I'm walking very easily in them now, not particularly elegantly but I have been up and down stairs a lot of times in them and am getting quite confident now. They're still hard on carpet just because every bump is exagerated through the shoe meaning it is very easy to topple off them.

Finally my Karo 0257s are just ridiculous. I wore them as much of the evening as possible but they're just beyond even what I can manage. I can wear them comfortably but my legs are still a bit bent. I am getting better, and they do look sensational. I reakon I will get the hang of them because my legs are getting straighter and straighter but I think these are a silly spontaneous purchase that I will master (just so I can say I've done it) then sell. I expect I will do the same with the 12" platforms too. But the gold shoes I'm gonna keep.

Hi Roz, I really like the golden shoes - very classy, but they have a very steep arch on them, so its no surprise they are hard to walk in. The Karos shoes will just take practice - I can just about manage mine. The 12" sandals are beautiful. It's no wonder you fall off them, as there must be no support at the back of the shoe, but I expect you'll love them when you master them, and keep them. You'll need a new shelf in the closet.

I was just thinking. How many pairs of 8"-up heels do you have? balletboot mentioned a higher shelf, so that pretty much brought up my question.

Formally "HHDude"

Hello, I've got 8 pairs of 8", 9 pairs of 7.5" and 18 pairs of 6", so quite a few platform shoes, lol. Now I have sorted my room out I have room for another 40 shoes or so. At the moment I have put the 12" shoes on the top shelf as they're too tall for anything else!

Hello,

I've got 8 pairs of 8", 9 pairs of 7.5" and 18 pairs of 6", so quite a few platform shoes, lol. Now I have sorted my room out I have room for another 40 shoes or so. At the moment I have put the 12" shoes on the top shelf as they're too tall for anything else!

Roz --

I am just curious, are you wearing these huge platforms (8" heel) inside only or also outside?

I am occasional heel wearer (currently, it's time again!), and one of the reason I walk outside with heels is the thrill and challenge of walking with thick platforms. I found that as long as they are closed toe pumps or boots, they are fairly stable - even with a stiletto heel. However, the moment there are more like sandals, where your foot can move to the left or the right, I found that I very easily fall off them. Those white ones that I have in my profile pic died already 2 years ago: I did a nightly walk outside with them and suddenly, without warning, I slipped to the right, the platform twisted and I found myself flat and face-down on the ground. :-) Fortunately, the shoes and not my foot broke!

Did any accident like that ever happen to you?

So, for now I stick with 2" platform pumps (6.5" stiletto heels) or wedge sandals with a 4" heel and a 2" platform. I have no problem at all walking with the pumps, though they have a thin heel and are much steeper, but the other ones are very deceiving: it feels like I walk with flat shoes and then all the sudden, my foot slips a bit and I have to watch out not to fall over :roll:

Thanks for the reply heelma. Outside I almost always wear 5" or 6" heels (no platforms). I do quite often wear small 1" platforms with 6" heels, especially on nights out, but I never make a habbit of wearing my sky high platforms outside. In fact, the only time I have ever worn +7" platforms was to a fancy dress party when I dressed up as an angel (as if!!) in a white ruffled skirt (long), white vest top, wings and white 8" platform heels. Everybody knew I liked heels but not heels like *that*! That is the only time I have worn them out of the house though. There are a few with 2" platforms (6.5" heels) that I am *tempted* to wear out, but I probably never will. I have fallen off my fair share of platforms like you, but have never broken feet or shoes. I have had a few heels go on me, but aside my 12" platforms I haven't fallen off my heels for a few years. My ankle has occassionally gone, but nothing big, and like I say I can even run in 8" heels now. It's not a good look but I can do it :roll:

In fact, the only time I have ever worn +7" platforms was to a fancy dress party when I dressed up as an angel (as if!!) in a white ruffled skirt (long), white vest top, wings and white 8" platform heels. Everybody knew I liked heels but not heels like *that*!

Very cool and impressive! I bet you got some looks. Was the long skirt short enough that one could see your platforms?

That is the only time I have worn them out of the house though. There are a few with 2" platforms (6.5" heels) that I am *tempted* to wear out, but I probably never will.

Are those sandals or pumps? As I said, as long as they are pumps and your foot can't move much to the left or the right, they should be pretty save. So, if you like high platforms, those (or boots) are probably a good bet to bring your plat experience to the next level.

Be ready for some looks though :roll: I usually hide my heels under extra long jeans, but that doesn't work when there is a 2" platform sticking out in the front. :o

But in any case, the moment the platform is higher than 1", it can be fishy walking with them outside - you can't feel anything on what you may step and then you may fall off them without warning. But that's part of the thrill I love.

At the fancy dress party my skirt was just above my ankles so you could see them clearly. They were quite a talking point, lol. The outfit didn't look slutty either which is my main worry about wearing platforms in public. The platforms I was considering wearing out were 7" heels, purple with rhinestone straps. They are sandals but how safe they are isn't my worry, just that I don't really want to look too tarty. They're quite classy as platforms go, but I never really like to wear platforms higher than my Tributes when I'm out. I am never ever worried about falling off my shoes, and to be honest I find my platforms easier because normally my feet are steeper in my 6 inchers without platforms. :roll:

Actually, I forgot that I got some platform boots(?) with a 24 cm (9.5") heel and probably 5" platform over 10 years ago from a place called "Atelier Kunzmann" (http://www.kunzmann.com). That time, they offered customized shoes where you could ask them to make such high platform shoes. Not sure if they are still offering that, but might be worth asking. That time, they must have cost around 700 DM (350 Euros), but I bet that they are going to ask for 600 Euros at least nowadays :-(

I never tried to walk with such high platforms before that time and found those were extremely difficult to walk in. They were VERY wobbly, and I don't think it was just because they had a stiletto heel. When I got those white 8" sandals (and I also got black 7" sandals with a stiletto heel then) two years ago, I was surprised how easy they were to walk in. I think the difference was that the 7" and 8" stripper shoes you can buy anywhere are pretty stiff from toe to heel, while those extreme custom platforms were not. With most stripper shoes, the sole stays at least 0.5" thick from toe to heel, which makes the shoe very stirty. This wasn't the case with those extreme platforms I got that time. Looking at the shoes Roz ordered, I have the impression that these may have a similar issue and that's why they are much harder to walk in.

Btw, another interesting thing with respect to wobbling on plats is that walking on carpet seems to be worse with most platforms than walking on hardwood floor or outside...

Yes, I think you hit the nail on the head. Stripper platforms are always easy to walk in for lots of reasons. They normally have chunky heels, are very light, have grippy rubber soles and are designed for pole dancers, so I think this is why they're so easy to walk in. I have been dossing around the house in my 8.5" heels today (Pleaser Xtreme-702) (I'm wearing them now in fact) and they're so easy to walk in. I can walk around quickly up and down stairs without even a second thought. I haven't come close to falling off them and have been wearing them for hours. I must admit, though, I am getting used to my 12" heels, and they are getting easier, but I am still warey about where I walk in them. I think just because they're ~4" taller than anything else I have every slope, dent in the ground and uneven surface is amplified. It is like having a camera zoomed in 10X and only the most minute movement has a larger effect. I've already got 10 hours wear out of my 12" platforms, and think I will probably have them for about 2 or 3 years before looking for another challenge (not necessarily higher, just something different!)

Roz, thank you for your updates. I think the Pleaser 8" heel range are great. I have a pair of the ankle boots, and I agree that you can walk around in them for hours. I took my 12" heel boots for a walk around the garden this weekend, as you claim the paved flags are not perfectly laid and it is amazing how this effect is amplified on your ankles, causing the odd wobble. I think heelma has a good point in that it is the thrill of the potential wobble that makes them so worth wearing. I have some very long jeans to cover up my ballets and high platforms. The fact that I am suddenly taller than the fence and the garage is a cause for amusement. Your angel outfit sounded wonderful.

Thanks for the compliment. I haven't worn my 12 inchers since my last post but I am certainly getting used to them. They're not my favourite shoes by a long way, but they're fun to wear. The arch is quite steep on them too compared to Pleasers which I guess is another reason I have to learn how to walk again because Pleasers aren't that high. Great fun though!