why so high?

lorriette

First, for me, is the thrill that I can wear and walk in a 5" heels and look comfortable. Second, at 195cm (6'5") in bare feet, the proportion of a 5 inch heel on me, is like a 3" heel on a 5'5" woman. Third, the lowest heels I can find in shoes that match my limited budget and size 15 foot is a 4" pump or boot. the few I have tried didn't have the quality or comfort of my prefered shoe - the seduce 460 oxford. I would prefer something like a 3-4 inch stack heel men's size 13US loafer. Alas, non yet to be found...

The longer the foot, the shallower the angle actually is.

I like to be comfortable to walk naturally, so 4.5" is ok, 5" begins to tip the balance between "running for a bus" and "a leisurely stroll."

As I said before, i'm uk 6 or 7.. that's why.

I think its the angle not the height, cos my 6" heels with 1" plats are okay to go round the shops in without falling off them (only did that once in another life when running for a train and was only getting into heels, when stacks first became mainstream). Interestingly got no anti remarks even then, with heels in full view to the world.