October in NE OHIO

johnieheel

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am looking forward to our Oct. 18 get-together. Like most of us, I want to make a fashion statement; I want to let it be known that guys like to be a bit flamboyant, too. I like to wear styles that are "right on the border"; hh clogs . In fact I wear unisex Bastad and Dansko open-back clogs daily. What shall I wear to the meet? Low-cut Mary Janes? Spike knee-high boots? HH open-back clogs? I'm voting for the spikes. As much as I like open-backs, I like the feel of the boot-shaft. It will probably be too cool to wear my hh toe-loop sandals; but maybe not. None the less, I like guys' panty-hose (you can find it, designed to fit your anatomy!) Looking forward to October...Sabotalot.... I want to get together with others who like this stuff, but don't get carried away with it.

I'm looking forward to it too. Other than meeting Johnieheel once, I can't say I've met any other guys wearing heels, so this will be new ground for me. Still haven't decided what shoes I'll bring, but from the descriptions you guys are giving, it sounds like almost anything is fair game. Kinda leaning toward my boots or closed toe pumps, but since peep toes were mentioned, I won't rule those out... :smile:

I'm looking forward to it too. Other than meeting Johnieheel once, I can't say I've met any other guys wearing heels, so this will be new ground for me. Still haven't decided what shoes I'll bring, but from the descriptions you guys are giving, it sounds like almost anything is fair game. Kinda leaning toward my boots or closed toe pumps, but since peep toes were mentioned, I won't rule those out... :smile:

Discussions Discussions. Hmmm, What heels to wear? Will depend on the weather, mood, etc. Might even have a new pair I haven't seen yet to wear.:thumbsup:

real men wear heels

When (and what time) and where will the NE Ohio meet be held?

I might attend.

Thx.

Plan so far.

Where: Ruby Tuesdays

Beldon Village, Canton Oh.

Meet at 12:00-1:00PM For lunch.

What ever happens after that will just be fun.

real men wear heels

I'm glad to have gotten directions to the restaurant. I did a lot of repair work, years ago, for a nearby business. It should be enjoyable, and might attract a bit of attention. Maybe we could get Tony Orlando to attend in his 6" platforms. (Sabotalot, your age is showing.) Since road salt will (hopefully) not as yet have been an issue, I may arrive in my 1965 car. My 2005 Pathfinder will be doing the salt-eating thing this winter. $%!&*# road salt! There are non-corrosive substitutes that they could use, but probably n:penitent: ever will.

Well, here I am responding to myself. I really want to get together with you folks, who, like to model airplanes, to model cars, etc., like to model shoes. This is all a part of being yourself. Nothing wrong with being yourself. Just try to understand that there is more to being than the immediate here and now. Looking foward to October (in heels) I remain.....Sabotalot

I'm glad to have gotten directions to the restaurant. I did a lot of repair work, years ago, for a nearby business. It should be enjoyable, and might attract a bit of attention. Maybe we could get Tony Orlando to attend in his 6" platforms. (Sabotalot, your age is showing.)

Since road salt will (hopefully) not as yet have been an issue, I may arrive in my 1965 car. My 2005 Pathfinder will be doing the salt-eating thing this winter. $%!&*# road salt! There are non-corrosive substitutes that they could use, but probably n:penitent: ever will.

Have you ever noticed that states where cars were historically produced are the states that use the most salt?

Have you ever noticed that states where cars were historically produced are the states that use the most salt?

Yes, this is ironic. My 1965 car spent the first 37 years of its life in Sacremento. Its paint was oxidized, but still looked pretty good. I had it repainted, only to learn that originality can add to its value. No matter, I don't want to sell it, especially with working factory air. It can set all winter, and always starts right up.

Yes, let's get back on topic. I'm looking forward to our little get-together, and will be low-key, except for those of us who care to notice our slightly out-of-the-ordinary shooz. Will anybody make reservations? I want all of us to be at one table. I still consider what to wear. I've considered a few ideas, and have submitted them, but a few surprises might be in store. I'm nuts about low-cuts. (See my thread...your first awareness.)

Yes, let's get back on topic. I'm looking forward to our little get-together, and will be low-key, except for those of us who care to notice our slightly out-of-the-ordinary shooz. Will anybody make reservations? I want all of us to be at one table. I still consider what to wear. I've considered a few ideas, and have submitted them, but a few surprises might be in store. I'm nuts about low-cuts. (See my thread...your first awareness.)

Back 2 topic. Wife and I are going up there this weekend to talk to management so there will be no surprises to staff. Will up date asap.

real men wear heels

I am planning on attending and look forward to meeting everybody! Not to mention the whole exciting thing about being with so many people wearing heels. Is it possible for us to build a list of potential heelers who are planning on attending?

Style is built from the ground up!

I will be going up today to talk to the manager at Ruby Tuesdays to make sure that there are no supprises to the staff. Will report back tonight. BTW, wife and I are both wearing heels for this little meeting.

real men wear heels

Wife and I went to Joanne fabrics and stoped in at Ruby Tuesdays to talk to the manager/et. She wore her 3 1/2" mj's and I wore my 4" ankle boots. Walking in Joannes, two girls in there 20's followed us in and when one of them noticed a man in heels, she had to point it out to her friend and I only heard the one giggle a little. Wife was not aware of this or she would have had some fun with it. Seems I missed an opertunity once again. Darn! Any way after that we spent about 30 minutes shopping for fabric and left. Back on subject: Went over to Ruby Tuesdays and met up with the manager/et. Wife and I explained that there is a groop of men and women who share one common intrest and if she would mind if we use her resturant to have a high heel meet. Ruth explained that us men think guy shoes are un attractive, flat and boring as the manager just kept smiling in amusment. Then she replied that she would brief her staff and it would be a pleasure to have us.:cool: So, it's settled; Place; Ruby Tuesdays Dressler Rd, Canton Oh. (see previous thread if any questions) TIME: 11:00 AM DATE: Oct,18, 2008 See ya there!:thumbsup::smile::thumbsup:

real men wear heels

I'm so glad to see this whole thing going forward. I'm glad that no matter who you are, you enjoy "being yourself". Guys: this is not being "gay"; this is just a chance at being a little extrodinary, as we guys did in the 70's. I was just out of high school, and with the few pennies I had earned, went to a guys' shoe store and bought my first pair of platform clogs. A mere 3" heel, but what a rush. They were my first pair of open-back shoes; nearly all of my shoes today are open-back (except for my knee-high boots). I dig HHPLACE and all that it stands for, and want to meet you to discuss ham radio, old-time radio shows, vintage hi-fi equipment, old cars, and so on. I'll be at the meet. Just look for the SLIGHTLY chubby bald (by choice) guy in the high-heel "Candies" open-back clogs, who only has a SLIGHT problem walking in them. I'm glad that we'll have reservations (for at least 12, six people wearing 2 shooz each.)I'll probably arrive in my like-new '65 car. Any thoughts, please reply.:smile:

[quote=HappyFeat; Is it possible for us to build a list of potential heelers who are planning on attending?

OK, I'll start the list.

Johnie and Ruthheel

I would like to have a ball park figure of how many will attend so I can let Ruby Tuesdays know a little in advance. Please sign the list if you think you can come. TU

real men wear heels

If I haven't said it already, many thanks go to Johnie and Ruth for suggesting and coordinating this event. Sounds like we should have a decent turnout, and it will be nice being able place faces to the names we see so often here. Having met Johnie and Ruth already, I look forward to seeing them again, and meeting the others who are willing to make the journey to join up with folks who have a similar passion. :smile: Thanks again Johnie and Ruth!:thumbsup: