October in NE OHIO

johnieheel

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mrs. GWL informs me that she will be unable to join us. A conflicting meeting has been scheduled that morning that she must attend. So I'll be there alone. As to cameras and photos, let's be respectful that there may be people who do not want their pictures splattered all over the internet. Always ask first. Looking forward to some good fellowship, good food, and good shopping! GWL

It is Thursday as I write. I just want to confirm that 11:00 is our N. Canton convening time. Initially, someone had suggested noon as a meeting time; I just wanted to confirm the revised 11:00 meeting time. I will be low-key in everyday guys' attire, except I will either wear high-heel clogs, or else spike-heel boots. We seem to understand each other's ideas on what looks great; I just want a low-key meeting of folks who like style. Can anyone confirm the 11:00 meeting time? I'm coming from what my friend, Alex Bevan, calls "Cleveburg". ("Let's have another laff on Cleveburg Blooz"). See you all there, perhaps thru the windows of my '65 car. Loving life and all that it promises, I remain...Sabatalot:wave:

11:00 it is! I changed it to 11:00 because of a busy 12:00 lunch hour at this place.

real men wear heels

Am I correct to say the following will be there? Airwolf, a positive maybe. HappyFeat GWL1 Radiodave sabotalot Wife and I Would be nice to see other women there. Anybody bringing a date? Wife feels left out and out numbered terribly.

real men wear heels

Sabotalot will attend, too. I'll be the bald guy wearing a "BALD R US" shirt. I wouldn't (at one time) have thought this sort of get-together to be possible. Even though I am a chrome-dome, I deceided to go to the barber yesterday for a touch-up, but instead of the usual guy, his daughter was on duty. Wow! About my age and downright gorgeous. The kicker is that she was wearing Mary Janes with about a 5" heel. The big payoff came when she briefly:clap: left the room, and came back wearing a pair of equally gorgeous slingbacks, with open toe. She said that since my trim needs were basic, that she could take me next, if the guy ahead of me didn't mind. I told here that I was so enjoying watching her, that I would wait. Maybe she spotted my Dansko "Karl's" and deceided on a bit of non-verbal communication.

UP DATE;

Wife and I just returned home from the heel meet. Unbelievable!!!!!:smile:

What a great time! I think we all have a new experience to tell from reactions of others etc. Everything was very positive including public reactions.:winkiss: I do have pics to post asap.

We started out meeting up at Ruby Tuesdays. The staff was overwhelming to say the least. The manager, Nichole posted a man at the door for late comers and directed them to the table. It was like we had already known each other forever. The waitress sat for a moment and chatted with us about what we were about. She was very impressed and took a couple pics of the group for every one to enjoy.

After lunch, we went across the street to DSW, where no pics are allowed.:) . At any rate, management welcomed us in open arms. It was so cool walking in with a bunch of guy's in heels.:smile: An older couple kept there heads turned trying to figure out what they had just seen and Ruth turned, smiled and waved. In the store, I believe there were people who just couldn't believe what they were seeing.LOL I will let the others tell there story but as for me, a couple young ladies had caught a glimpse of a man in heels, O, another one, O, another one etc.LOL walked up to me as I was trying on a pair of Steve Maddens and asked, "excuse me but we have to know, what are you guy's doing?" I looked up and said," trying on shoes".LOL Ya, but those are women's and the men's are over there. I replied, "Ya but those over there are ugly and I like these"LOL. Then we explained a little bit about what we were about and they both gave me a complement on my ankle boots. One lady said actually, they look very nice on you and the other agreed.:smile: Then I had to ask if they would date a man in heels and she thought for a second, looked around at us and said, YES, If I didn't have a bf, there would be no problem with dating a man in heels.:nervous: That made my day.

Then off to the mall to Aldo's. The sales lady remembered me from before but now I brought friends.:sad: We walked around the store, trying on heels and having a great time and they were sooooo kind and helpful. Checked out some other stores and parted. Will let the others tell the rest of the story and they're version of it. All I can say is RUTH AND I WOULD LIKE TO THANK YOU ALL FOR TRAVELING SO FAR AND MAKING THIS HEEL MEET A SUCCESS. This was something way beyond my imagination or dreams. God Bless and a safe journey home.:smile:

real men wear heels

Awesome news everyone, glad you all had such a good time. We are planning a North American Heel Meet to coincide with the World Wide Meet to be held the following weekend, so march 6th in Chicago. Hope many of you will be able to attend. details will be released very soon. David & Cathy

"Dress For Your Own Pleasure"

To all who attended our get-together today (Oct. 18, '08): It was a pleasure to meet each of you. I'm sorry that I got our signals crossed, and temporarily lost you. But the food and service were very good, and the friendship was great. I hope that there can be a "next-time" before the end of the year. I thought that I was "pushing the envelope" with what I wore (Fionni hh clogs), but now that I've seen several of you so casually at the next level, (spike boots or low-cut pumps) I'm going to do it too. A guy can wear such styles and pull it off if he is confident. Looking forward to the pix, and thank-you again Johnny and Ruthie for making this possible.:winkiss:

Thanks again to John and Ruth for the great idea and the planning of what I hope is the first of many heel meets. I had way too much fun and I think we left quite an impression as a group on the good people of North Canton. It was very nice to meet everybody and I look forward to staying in touch I would like to suggest to anybody who has a chance to attend or hold a heel meet that you should do it! The fellowship is wonderful as is getting to put faces with people who are members of HHPlace! Also, John- you have my permission to post the picture outside the restaurant. Thanks again!

Style is built from the ground up!

I echo the thanks to John and Ruth for a spectacular afternoon! The choice of restaurant was brilliant and the shoe shopping was never so much fun! It was a great way to spend the time with like minded friends and we want to do it again soon, next time with Mrs. GWL. John and Ruth, you have my permission to post the pic outside the restaurant as well. GWL

Next time, I'm going to listen more closely to our next shopping destination, rather than assume that everyone is going there. I was low-key in my 4" clogs; now that I see how several of you have pulled it off, my next step will be low-cut pumps, with Comfilon hose. I say "why not?". Those of you who have ventured there seem so comfortable in your choice. Next meet: extremely low-cut pumps (similar to "Lovely Pumps" )with hose. Does anyone want to take the inititiave for such an event? I'll do it if anyone is interested. I was pleased at how "Ruby Tuesday" served us. I'm thinking day after Thanksgiving.

Ruth and I took the liberty of sending a tu care to Ruby Tuesdays. I made a card with the pick of us inside the resturant and here is what I wrote.

To Nichole and staff;

Just wanted to say many many thanks for your great hospitality. All the guy’s and my wife had a really great time and loved our choice to meet up for the 1st annual HIGH HEEL MEET in N. Canton Ohio. We can’t say enough about the very warm execptance and openmindness of the staff.

All the guy’s agreed that this was the perfect place to meet and would like to do it again asap. If not sooner, than it will once again be held same time, same place, next year with more guests attending.

I know there were a lot of questions from the staff. They can all be answered at

www.hhplace.org.

Thanks once again. We love you all and God Bless

From the MEN and WOMEN in HEELS

real men wear heels

Johnnie and Ruthie: Sincere thanks for helping all of us to have such a nice get-together. I enjoyed every minute. As soon as I get my webcam going, I'm going to post my new hh boots from Payless. Full-length shaft and 4" heel. Wore them all day yesterday. Let's do it again, soon. If I can help, I will.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...