Slippery Soles

Jay1

One of the most pleasurable things for me about wearing high heels is being able to slide around on their wonderfully slippery soles. I love attempting polished floors, snow/ice, wet slopes, etc. I love the sense of vulnerability! Does anybody else share my sentiments? :lol: Jay xx

"If you put your mind to it, you can accomplish anything..." - Dr Emmet L Brown - 1985

Jay1; The reason why I love high heels is because of their restrictions and how they affect your mobility. And that includes walking on slippery surfaces. Afterall, when I wear very high heels, I need to shorten my stride to keep my balance. And when walking on slippery surfaces, I have to shorten my stride even further. These restrictions are what make wearing high heels exciting for me.

click .... click .... click .... The sensual sound of stiletto heels on a hard surface.

I take shoes with slippery soles sante pede to the shoemaker to have them re-soled before I even use them.

Apparently unlike you guys, I like to reduce the probability that I fall flat on my face in public. Or anywhere else, for that matter.

Bert

What's all the fuss about?

One of the most pleasurable things for me about wearing high heels is being able to slide around on their wonderfully slippery soles. I love attempting polished floors, snow/ice, wet slopes, etc. I love the sense of vulnerability! Does anybody else share my sentiments? :lol:

Jay xx

No.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

I sometimes have problems with new shoes or boots that have very slippery soles (painted?) on the real leather. It only takes about about a 2 hour walk (on the streets) to get rid of that nuisance and the real leather sole is good for grips but soaks up humidity. Very few (high quality) shoes still have that problem while most recently produced shoes and boots might still have leather uppers but man made (or rubber) soles.

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Laurence

I know we all like to think that we are wearing all leather shoes, but resin is by far a superior material for soling shoes. It is much harder wearing, of uniform quality and thickness, Waterproof and not prone to drying out and cracking. PU is better for uppers than leather except that it should be fabric or leather lined to wick any perspiration away from the foot.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

PU is better for uppers than leather except that it should be fabric or leather lined to wick any perspiration away from the foot.

How can the moisture get out of the shoe if the shoe is made of polyurethane, irrespective of the lining??

Bert

What's all the fuss about?

Yeah I've done that once or twice myself! :lol: I love snow and ice and whenever we get any I always make a point of having a walk or slide(!) around in 5" stilettos and seeing how long I can stay upright! I find it quite a challenge! :( Jay

"If you put your mind to it, you can accomplish anything..." - Dr Emmet L Brown - 1985

Yeah I have noticed that as well. The shoes I always wear in the those conditions have plastic tips which are a lot more slippery. It all adds to the fun! :lol: What does everyone think about plastic soles, particularly on boots? Best Wishes Jay

How can the moisture get out of the shoe if the shoe is made of polyurethane, irrespective of the lining??

Bert

Believe it or not, some gets out through the holes left when the upper is stitched (!!!) and the rest goes out over the topline.

I like going out for a walk on the ice sometimes. I have to admit that I like playing with my heels trying to climb an icy incline near my door. i like the feeling of slipping a little when I walk on slippery surfaces, it makes me move in a different way.

I take it that the ones, who posted their experiences, are the lucky ones who have not broken their necks. :lol::o But I my self found it quite entertaining when I wear a new pair of heels with the smooth bottoms. I can slide across my rug in the living room. :lol: But the fun stops after they get ruffed up walking around after a while. :) Then it's time to go shoping again!! :(

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

Trying to climb icy inclines in heels is a lot of fun! :lol: Last time we had ice I went for a walk and attempted a very steep hill by my house in stilettos with extremely slippery plastic soles. Needless-to-say, I didn't get far but it was fun! :rofl:

are wonderful. I find easier climbing than going down, because i can put the weight on the heels that sink in the ice and helps avoiding slipping. If the heels begin to bend it's better because when the soles slip they can't resist very much and I slip backward a little more. It usually happens with really thin and high heels. Anyway I enjoy going out on the snow with high heel boots because I like wearing high heel without fear of falling, it's like a play. Wearing heels it's a play I don't want to stop.

Boots are cool on ice, they offer a bit more security, however, personally I prefer nice slippy pumps as they present a much greater challenge! I find I can get a much heightened sense of balance after learning how to walk on slippery surfaces in them. My next challence is to learn how to do that in 6.5" heels! That should be fun! :lol:

Well, given that the whole of the West Midlands is on a slope one way or the other, there'll be plenty of slippery slopes this winter to practice on!

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"